Start of the season

, WI

For so many of us... How is it all going? Did you get your plants in? Happy campers in WI with the snow falling already.. Heating with a wood stove (1st timer)... It has been in the twenties already.. The brugs are holding onto their buds.. That makes us happy.. How are you doing?

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Ugh - I have a real mess out there. Bermuda grass - most of it dead (did get out there to spray once) all over the place, the whole gh looks like heck. Have started moving some stuff out there that will end up in the basement once the frost hits but gets to enjoy the sunshine.

Geez, snow already!

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Got all plants in. But have favorite plants still in home not GH as I am so afraid I will lose them. Guess I am a coward and should just put everthing in GH but can't seem to do it.
Its hot here today still. in the 70s.

Lavina

Fulton, MO

I got everything in except for 3 musa zebrinas. They got torched by frost and I didn't have any room for them anyway. Decided to try a couple of larger Hibiscus in a partially heated garage over the winter. If they make it great, if not, too bad, oh well.

Today was nice outside, and I got the rest of the winterizing done. I got a neem spray on everything. The DC bananas are almost ripe and after they are harvested I'll be pulling out the DC bananas and replacing with Dwarf Namwahs and/or Dwarf Red. I also ripped out all of my passionfruits and suddenly my GH is wide open and spacious again. Those things were fun, I got lots of fruit from them, but they were a mess. I was encouraged enough with my one lychee crop that I planted another lychee in their place.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.