Trekking Hinchinbrook Island

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Hi tropic Breeze,
i so enjoyed your photos and notes, thank you for taking the time to post. some of the pictures of the ocean really remind me of here, though we don't have mountains.
i agree, Extranjera, crocs sound a little scary to me! i have a terrible fear of sharks, which is why i never go deep sea. i don't even think i will go on a boat, because if the boat sinks, where will i be? in the ocean with all those pretty sharkies! no thank you, i feel quite safe in our lagoon here, which is surrounded by a reef. there hasn't been a shark attack here in 30+ years.
Isaac

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Great trek and wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Sylvain.

el arish, FNQ, Australia

Hey! That's my neck of the woods :) We take our boat over to Hinchinbrook sometimes.
Ann

noonamah, Australia

Extranjera and Isaac, it's a sobering thought that more people are killed or injured by other people than are killed or injured by salties (crocodiles) or sharks.

Sylvain, there are some really beautiful parts of this planet. Hopefully we'll learn to look after them properly.

Ann, over many years I've driven past and looked across to Hinchinbrook and thought "I've got to walk over there one day". And the day I walked there it met my greatest expectations.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.