Creating a Butterfly Garden - HELP!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

The name of my gardens is "The Butterfly Ranch". I've gathered lots of butterfly-attracting plants and have them scattered throughout my yard, which is totally a botanical garden (no lawn at all). I'm moving into the English style of gardening, breaking it all up into "rooms" with various themes. I'd like one room to be a butterfly garden, perhaps with a trail in the shape of a butterfly or maybe a butterfly shaped bench or something. (Suggestions welcome)

The area is a fairly large fenced-in area which I'm working on cleaning out. It's currently planted with daylilies and some volunteer passifloras. I need suggestions for design. I'm terrible at design, but great with ideas and growing plants. I think I need some big shrubs or a tree or two in this area. Across from this area is a Paulownia tree which is 10 or so ft tall and will bloom for the first time next year.

Here's a pic of the area as you come around the Japanese garden and around the Paulownia tree, which is right across from the entrance to the butterfly garden.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
This thread has 29 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!