CLOSED: Seeds for SASBE

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Some of my plants produced 100's of seeds and I'd like to share them with a few newbies. 7 is a lucky number, so I'll take the first 7 newbies who post here.

You'll get the following 10 packs of seeds:

Amaranthus Oeschberg - Upright Love Lies Bleeding
Datura Belle Blanche - fragrant moonflower bush (plant and seeds are toxic if ingested)
Four Oclocks - Fuscia
Four Oclocks - Custard and Cream (yellow and white striped)
Gourd - Speckled Swan Vine
Hibiscus - Mix of Dinnerplates - Moy Grande, Lune Blush, Pink
Hibiscus - Moy Grande - red
Hibiscus - Texas Star - red
Hyacinth Bean Vine - Purple
Japanese Iris - Epaulette - Dark velvety purple (won't come true from seeds)

The seeds are already packaged in 2 x 3 ziplock baggies and labeled.

To participate, follow these guidelines:

1. Post here if you're fairly new to gardening or growing/trading with seeds.

2. When I approve you, get a small bubble mailer (no envelopes with bubble wrap stuck in them!) and address it to me. I'll dmail you my addy.

3. Inside the bubble mailer, include the following items:

a. Adhesive Address label with your name and address. Make sure your label will cover my address on the outside of the mailer.

b. A note letting me know your DG name and that you're responding to my SASE offer

c. At least 10 ziplock baggies, size 2 x 3 or 3 x 5 to replace the ones I've already packed your seeds in. (Please, no sandwich bags and no homemade seed envelopes. Sorry!)

d. 4 first class postage stamps (I'm not sure how much exact postage will be, but I won't refund the difference as it will only be a few cents, if that. I'm NOT selling these seeds. Where else could you get 10 generous packs of seeds for less than $2 for shipping?)

4. Mail the bubble mailer to me so that I have it before October 10, 2009.

5. Wait. Don't email me daily asking if I've mailed your seeds yets. I will mail all seeds by October 16 after I've received all bubble mailers. Allow another week or so for them to arrive.

When I receive your bubble mailer, I'll recycle it, putting your address label over my address on the mailer. I'll fill your mailer with your seeds and send it back to you so you can reuse it.

Because I have an abundance of some of these seeds, I'll try to give you enough that you can grow some and trade some. Each of these were gathered from my own gardens and meticulously labeled. So they ARE what I say they are, no surprises. So you can trade them with confidence.

If you are not familiar with these plants, you can see pictures of them as they grow in my gardens at:

http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/CrazyPlantLady/Seeds%20to%20Trade/

If you see something there that you like that isn't on this list above, mention it in your dmail. If it's another seed I have in abundance, I'll be happy to share. But some are in limited supply or for special trades only. It doesn't hurt to ask, though, does it?

Below is a picture of Hibiscus Luna Blush which is included in the Hibiscus Mix.

OK, this offer is now OPEN. No pushing, shoving, or fighting please. Single file line starts here ------>

NancyAnn

This message was edited Sep 28, 2009 8:50 PM

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow. Nice offer.

I don't know if I qualify or not, I've been a member here for quite a while, but I've only had a garden for about 6 months. Just started seed trading a month ago. I'm trying to build up a good variety for my rapidly expanding garden now. :)

Appreciate being considered. Thanks! :)

-Pony

Spooner, WI

I think I'm still a newbie! been on here a couple of months...

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi NancyAnn! I am new to flower gardening and I love Hibiscus.

I would love to be considered for your very generous offer.

Thanks!

Kelly

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Ok, you three are in. After I reach 7, I'll dmail you all my address.

Hey Kelly, my brother is out there in Phoenix. Do you know Heritage Hatters? Stop in and ask for Rich. He's a serious gardener like us. OMG his gardens are like something out of Garden Gate magazine or Better Homes and Gardens. He may have been in Phoenix Home and Garden at one time.

Thank you very much, NancyAnn. :)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I haven't heard of it... Is it a hat shop? Tell me where and I'll hunt your brother down - lol. I love beautiful gardens, especially since mine is mostly dirt and Bermuda grass right now... Well, besides my veggie garden - hee hee hee.

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

Kelly I have lots of Hardy Hibiscus..Plants are full of seed ready to harvest..I'll get some pods and get the seeds out and gladly send some to you if you want this kind..

I have a hedge of them around 2 sides of my garden 85' on south side 32' on west side..

Anyone else just let me know..Last year they were full of bugs..Hope it wont be the same this year..I put them in the freezer and that worked they croaked..LOL

Tubby

Thumbnail by tubbytee
Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi Kelly, It's on Cave Creek Rd. Yeah, it's a hat shop. He's owned it for, gosh, 30 years I guess? If you go in talking plants, he'll keep right up with ya. Drop my name and mention gardening and you'll have a friend for life. His gardens are massive. And he even has an aviary. He just loves his little birds.

Honestly, drop in and see him sometime. The guy never met a stranger.

Flippin, AR(Zone 7a)

Did I make the cut? I'm a newbie.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'll have to check him out - thanks NancyAnn! Very cool! I bet the aviary is awesome. I googled it and yup - it's Cave Creek Road. I live in far west Phoenix so will have to make a road trip with some of my SW Forum friends from the west side - lol. He's not a DG member I take it?

Tubby - those Hibiscus are beautiful and I'd love some of your seeds! Thanks! They do get bugs and the freezer is the way to go . . .

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

Kelly I'll get them out to you soon..I finally get repay for all I've received..
Any body else..

Tubby

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I would like to be in on your offer.... I dont know what you call a newbie... Ive been a member going on 3 months... Id love to share in the bounty of your seeds tho...

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Kelly, no my brother doesn't do the internet. I know if he got on it, he'd have a blast. A whole new world would open for him. But he's pretty busy, so he really wouldn't have time.

So far, I think we have 5 people now:

the1pony
ptilda
locakelly
garfieldkae
honeybunch2000

Tubbytee, are you a newbie? Were you wanting some of these seeds?

Garfieldkae and Honeybunch2000, it's too bad ya'll don't live closer. I could give you some plants to get your gardens going. I'm in Jonesboro which is probably 2 or 3 hrs from you, Kae. If either of you are headed this way soon, let me know and I can hook you up with an assortment.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

lol IM going to Blythville this weekend to bad we couldnt meet somewhere in the middle :-).. What City do you live in?

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh... pooh nevermind... I see above lol... Are you going to come to the SE AR RU? next month? just curious

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

No, I won't be at the roundup. I'm having some health problems so I have to stay close to my doc and hospital.

I'm only an hour from Blytheville. Maybe you could stop by on your way. I live just miles off Hwy 63 at Exit 42 in Jboro.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I can handle two more newbies for this package. Anyone else interested?

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

I would like to try your seeds if you will consider me pretty please.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

All right, Mindy, you can be number 6. I can accept one more newbie.

NancyAnn

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Thank you NancyAnn. Would you consider paper envelopes Commercial ones white that are in your size range ( 2 1/4 x 3 3/4 ) size. I'm out of the plastic right now but can get them tomorrow if you rather have those. Just thinking if the paper ones are acceptable I can put the envie in the box now.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

are all seven slots filled?

If not I sure would love to take part.

Janet

edited to ad does having started just last year and this is my first year for my garden, which I'm so thrilled and now have a seed addiction. LOL

This message was edited Sep 29, 2009 2:48 PM

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Mindy, your paper envelopes sound fine. No problem.

Meadowyck, you are lucky number 7!!! I'll be happy to share with you.

I'll dmail you all my address.

NancyAnn

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Jumping and Jumping here!!!!!!!

janet

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I now have the seven people for this SASBE offer, so I'm closing the offer. You all check your dmails for my address.

NancyAnn

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I received mailers from locakelly and garfieldkae today. I've packed your seeds and will put them in the mail sometime next week, whenever I'm at the P.O. again. I hope you enjoy them!

NancyAnn

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Thought of you several times while I was in Blytheville... My uncle passed away so we went up on Thursday instead of this weekend...Kept wishing I had the time to come by your place, but anyway back in SE Ar now... I will get your envelopes out to you tomorrow or Tuesday.. thanks again for the offer... Trish

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi Trish, I'm sorry about your uncle. Wish you could have stopped by while you were out this way. Maybe next time.

NancyAnn

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks NancyAnn! I'm really excited to try your seeds!

Kelly

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

NancyAnn, I like the way you organized this.... everything all set up in advance, set conditions. Great job! Gives me some inspiration to do something similar.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Sbarr,

Thank you. I'm pretty anal--very type A. And I've found this helps eliminate lots of email questions, like "Am I supposed to put a bubble mailer inside an envelope to mail it to you?" I hope this way saves everyone time and money.

Feel free to copy any parts of my guidelines that you want.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Pony, I received your mailer today and have stuffed it with seeds. I'll mail it sometime this week. Thank you so much for the bonus Chianti seeds. They'll be beautiful in my butterfly garden next year.

NancyAnn

The butterflies and bees definitely love them. :) Glad to share a little something with you, thanks for this very generous offer of yours. You're a peach. :)

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi folks, I mailed several packages today. So these people should be receiving their seeds later this week or next week: (Monday is a holiday, remember?)

the1pony
locakelly
garfieldkae
mindy03

I'm still waiting on the other SASBEs and y'all have let me know they're on their way. So I should be sending them back out next week.

Happy gardening!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I mailed mine out yesterday... Sorry was late getting out to you...Trish

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

No problem, Trish. It will probably arrive tomorrow or Fri since you're in AR too.

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Honeybunch, I received your SASBE today. Thank you so much for all the little ziplocks! I've filled your bubble mailer full and I'll mail it probably on Tues. (Monday is a holiday) I hope you enjoy all the seeds. Some aren't even on my trade list yet.

NancyAnn

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

NancyAnn, mine didn't make it yet?????? : ~ (

Janet

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Thank you so much... I cant wait to see all my goodies in bloom....I cant wait for kids to get on the bus each day so I can go out and see what surprises my yard has for me...Today was a triple bloom on a datura.. purple on outside white on the inside.... seems like ive been watching that baby for weeks waiting for it to open... Hope i have enough seeds from it to get to plant some next year....One lil plant one lil bloom was all I got this year since I planted the seed so late..:-) Thanks again for your generosity... Trish

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hey Janet, it hasn't arrived yet, but probably tomorrow. You know how slow the P.O. can be sometimes. Don't worry, I'll hold your seeds for you. I know you've sent your package. I'm eager to see the surprise you sent me. Now that it's cooled off here, it won't quit raining. I'm going stir crazy here in the house! Did you package me some dry weather and sunshine? :-)

Trish, I want to grow some of that datura next year. I think it might be Black Currant Swirl, right? I grew it one year and it was awesome. In the package I'm sending you, you'll have its cousin, the white moonflower, which is very fragrant. I just love it and I hope you will too. You can just scatter the seeds where you want them during winter and they'll sprout in the spring. A mature bush will produce 100s of blooms AND its hardy in zone 7a.

NancyAnn

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.