http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Bed for newbies here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Jan's Seed Auction here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1036526/#new

The high priestess and her Loyal followers Brug sprout off contest
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037643/

Thumbnail by arejay59

Wow, I guess I'm the first to find the new thread. I'm here, checking in.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Jan......

Hi Everyone! Just a quick hello. Out to enjoy the sunshine! Hope everyone is enjoying the day.

Tubby I'll donate the paper cups used for the test. LOL

Thanks for the new thread Robin! Nice photo!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Your Welcome and thank You Seray.

Yes, Hi Arejay. I always love the photos you guys use for the top thread slot. So pretty. I just got another load of lumber so we can finish the greenhouse frame next week. Got to get a new door and window this year, the old ones are just too old to geep going. But hopefully will get finished this coming week, so it will be ready when the plants need it.
Update on my baby brug. One more picture of the tiny puya.

Thumbnail by mekos

Here is the rare purple/blue and the metalic blue, PUYA

This message was edited Sep 27, 2009 3:12 PM

Thumbnail by mekos
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Are the two baby ones Brigs Jan?

The two pots together are Puya and the first picture up there is my baby brug. In the first picture at the top right side is my little princess and her earring tree baby and on the left is my emerald Jade vine and right between the jade and princess tree is a pink metalic vine. Then the brug in the front of it all.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

O.k., thought I lost you all, but found you again.
So glad, we got here.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

Happy Sunday! I hate to pop in and out, but I'm trying to finish up my psychology classwork before the deadline tonight. I'm having trouble focusing, though, because I keep thinking about getting my greenhouse ready for fall/winter, what might be sprouting seeds in the yard, running over to the place I snagged those hib seeds from yesterday and taking a picture of the plant so I have it for ID purposes, and doing basically anything else BUT writing an essay about Freud and dream analysis. LOL

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I'm here even if I don't have much to say.

Good luck with the essay jlj, Hi Flower. I'm back and forth watching the nascar race right now with my husband, so I check in and go back then check in again.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

LOL -- Mekos ... I left off that distraction as well ... the race. What's worse for me is that my guy is leading again now! (Jimmie Johnson). Hmm, now here's an idea. If JJ wins his 4th championship in a row this year, I might have to have a celebratory 48-themed garden bed with blue & yellow flowers.

Great, just what I needed ... another distraction ... now I'm thinking of what flowers would be good to create a JJ bed. LOL

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I have been watching the football games. LOL

Hey gotta question. Does anyone have any seed to any of the new echiniceas?
Coral Reef,Sundown,Elton Knight,Sunrise,Twilight,Flame Thrower,or Pink Poodle. I would really like some if you all have any to trade or SAE,postage or what ever.

Football off and on. LOL I've seen some pics of the echiniceas Flower. Haven't seen the seed. They're pretty cool.

Huge selection for blue and yellow flowers jlj. That'll be a pretty bed. If he loses you can do just plain blue. :)

Good luck with your construction Mekos. I know it'll be nice. MORE ROOM!!!!!

Jlj, you go girl! I knew you were my kind of gal. He's one of my picks too. I also like Kasey Kahne and Carl Edwards.
Flower, I'll look through my seeds but not sure. Let you know tomorrow. I'm going to pack you another box next week anyway. Got a few things I want to send you. Seems like there may have been a pack of echiniceas of something but don't remember what color or anything about it. Got it in a trade, but never paid much attention to it. I'll drag out the basket and look in the morning and d-mail you if I do have it, with the color name.

Yes Seray, I needed more room this year and shelves for all the seedlings pots and hanging pots. I have 3 like- bakers rack kind of shelves-and need a table going all the way down one side for some pots, then the tall ones will go on the ground on the other side. I want it better organized this time. I have 2 small ponds full of water plants that are tropical to go in as well. Then in the spring I want to start seedling trays of tomatoes and peppers and such for the garden along with cuttings of plants for sale or trade so need space. I want to be ready, this year I got a late start collecting stuff.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Mekos, I may just hit you up for some of those water plants.. I have 2 ponds ya know >:-) he he Not for a while though.. too many lasagna beds .. I close my eyes I see them. I go to sleep I see them. I leave, come home, same thing.. lol

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

jlj072174,
Maybe you should adjust your essay to work a little better with your focus. Maybe we are a dream. Now what does that say about your seed addiction in Sigmund's opinion? Make sure you make our characters as rich as our personalities....

You're way ahead of me. I'm organizing all the stuff that needs to come in and trying to root cuttings on the vines just in case. Trying to do some air layering before I trim everything back. I have the table to work on but not enough shelves. I have the benches but not the lights. (sigh) :)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Me too Seray...it gets cold down there?

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

I wish I had that much liberty with the assignment; unfortunately, the "dream" is supplied to me to analyze. I'm just a little miffed because I had several questions about this week's assignment, and emailed my instructor Thursday morning, then again today. I still haven't had an answer from him. It's an online class, and his syllabus claims that he answers all emails within 12 hours.

Maybe I should turn in my dream analysis to read, "Were you dreaming when you said you reply to emails within 12 hours?" LOL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

LOL yeah " if he was dreaming now that should get some response!!

Jlj, you could be dreaming yourself and when you wake up, you will see it's just a nightmare you are having. We really don't exist.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good One Jan!!

Just trying to help. (batting eyes)

Orlando, FL

hi all watching football just thought i would check in

hey jlj, i had a subdivision where the contractors trailer was moving, i was working for a plumbing company and knew the contractors well, i asked if i could have the plants, i filled my company truck the size of a med. uhaul, with alll types and that is howi started my garden, i had over 100 plants stuffed in there, was kinda hard to work around that. lol
blondie

JJ won the race.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

WooHoo! I feel a four-peat coming on, as well as a thread seeking seeds for blue & yellow flowers, lol.

Blue and yellow jlj. It freezes here Arejay. Low 20's sometimes. Doesn't sound too cold I know but the topical plants don't like it. LOL

Yellow cannas and blue agapanthus! LOL Blue clock vine and yellow sunflowers. Blue daylilies and yellow roses. (Don't you wish) LOL

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

I have yellow cannas already ... but don't have anything blue that I know of. I have a large, slightly-sloped, mulched hill in front of my house.

How "red" would I be if I just plant a carpet of yellow flowers with blue flowers making the "48" among them for all my neighbors to see? My husband would probably file for divorce (he's a Mark Martin fan). LOL

Yellow and blue would be a pretty color-themed garden though. I'll have to really give this some thought, either way.

Now who has blue daylilies?

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

Whatever it is, if I put it in the front yard, it will need to be a shade flower/plant. That area is on the north side of my house, and with all the trees (12 on a 1/4 acre), it doesn't get but maybe 25% sunlight down there.

Owwww, pansies, or viotets. Pansy plants would be georgeous.

Just a dream Mekos!

Raleigh, NC(Zone 8a)

That's what I was thinking, Mekos -- pansies. Is there someplace I can order a LOT of seeds for yellow and blue pansies? How hard are they to sow from seeds?

Here's some viola and pansy seeds. http://www.burpee.com/category/annual+flowers/pansies.do

Easy as cake girl. You would do good and they bloom until frost most of the time. Hey you might luck up and find plants if you go look at the lowes and home depot, k-mart or wal-mart for reduced plants. I have even seen pansy blooms with snow on the ground around here. And they come in so many neat colors. You could get blue blooms with yellow eyes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.