New gnomes in Nepean (west Ottawa)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Jerome stayed near the bottom - he doesn't like climbing as much.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

They played spot-the-gnome in the annuals.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Bow-winkle and Winnie climbed up the Solanum to check out the flowers; Jerome kept an eye on things from a more stable perch.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

They quickly popped inside ...

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

... and made some new friends!

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

They love flower baskets. :-)

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Love the pictures. Glad to see that Bow winkle doesn't seem to show the same reckless traits when near water that Bullwinkle did. It looks as though they had a wonderful outing.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Bow-winkle went out over the edge to get some strawberries.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

You were saying Ann...LOL

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks Ann! Yes they were quite responsible in the boat.

They said goodbye to Scruffy before leaving ...

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

You can come back anytime! :-)

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

A kiss goodbye from Sophie.

(woops, now how do I rotate that once it's been posted?)

This message was edited Sep 25, 2009 6:07 PM

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

On the #96 bus to Kanata to meet up with Sue. They are good little bus riders.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Bow-winkle saying goodbye to Ottawa. Bye guys, it was fun to have you!

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

The gnomes and I had a lovely meet-up with Sue (drivenbonkers) this afternoon & I can't wait to hear about their next adventures!

Shannon

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Great Photos, Shannon. Looks like you had a lovely day for the Lad's adventure. Thanks for the tour, double-decker bus and all. ^_^

Looks like you have a full sized garden on that balcony of yours. Very Nice. I want to scritch those purty kitties. :)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Glad you enjoyed them, Don! Thanks. :-) Yep the balcony garden is quite fully-packed... it's because I have no resolve whatsoever in any garden centre :-D The kitties would love it - you are welcome anytime.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Here's the good-bye kiss right-side up. Bye gnomeys! Glad you had good weather here.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

Loved the boat ride! They sure had a good trip with you, a hostess with the mostess :-)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Linda. :-) They seemed to have fun! Once or twice the breeze caught hold of their 'boat' and I had to hustle to get back into arm's reach of it ... they could have ended up down the river! lol

That darn plastic thing was meant to go on the bottom of a 10" hanging basket but it is not wide enough, which is ridiculous ... I'm glad it ended up being useful for something.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Don - well, I guess Bow-winkle does have an adventurous streak, but he seems more responsible around WATER at least. I look forward to their adventures in Perth.

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

that was great love to see those littles guys traveling again

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Time will tell, Ann.

glad everything is working well with the boys cant wait to see more pics

Looks like they had a wonderful time with you and your kitties, Shannon. And I suspect you and your kitties had a great time with them too. Although I'm quite sure the cats would never admit it...

Christine

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Hi Christine,

Yep, the cats must maintain the appearance of 'cool' at all times! lol

ok so where are the kiddies ????

Victoria Harbour, ON

Waving away to all of you..we arrived safely..looks a bit different, last time we were here we were in 5' of snow and it was Christmas...Betty was in her workshop as she was helping santa get ready for Christmas...

It's still cold here and not much has changed, it may not be Christmas but there is lots to do..workshop filled with Christmas projects and Halloween costumes in the making...

On Friday and Saturday we helped Betty get all the garden art in for the winter..wow, lots of work...because they were calling for possible snow this week Betty thought we should concentrate on getting the water pump out of the pond..which meant we had to empty it, take the pump out and refill...that way she explained the liner would becovered for the winter...Betty had her high boots on because the pond is actually almost 5' deep, told us not to help out just keep an eye that she didn't fall in...taught us the 911 number just incase

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Each year Betty covers the back deck with a heavy duty plastic so that she has less snow to shovel, beside, not enough storage for all her treasures so it's much better if it's closed in and here and there through the winter she can enjoy the garden look, makes her less homesick..

We wondered what was on the table, Betty said she had made 4 birdbath's for Christmas gifts...she forgot a birthday so that left 3..she wished we'd be back to help her make more..who knows, might be on another travel excursion...she did say if we were near the beach that she needed more seashells for the spring...mark that in our travel log!!!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

While Thanksgiving was cooking yesterday, we did some deadheading in hopes of salvaging seed for spring..always another garden to make...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

While Betty worked on, we played hide'n'seek, for the longest time Betty searched for us...here we were hiding..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

It's sooo cold outside (not as cold as Christmas, but cold) so Betty thought we could get to finish off one of the 4 costumes...think we know what the costume will be...should Betty get it done on time, she's going to let us paint a few of the Christmas projects on the go...a deer for outside..we're here saying sew/sew/sew...quicker/quicker

Missy is keeping an eye on us so we don't get into the needles and hurt ourselves...almost think she sleeps half the time she's so comfy but that's ok..lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Everywhere one looks it's Halloween, much the same as it was for Christmas except instead of red which matched our outfits it's orange/orange/orange...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

This message was edited Oct 12, 2009 5:31 PM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

same thread, Betty.........

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks Susan...too many things going on today..went back on the other thread and hopefully it will guide them to this one...lol...

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

aw that's ok, Betty
We both know what it's like to be busy.
BTW - sorry about the plant - it rotted, and I've started it again. I could have sent you any old plant, but I wanted to send my more unusual one....... a Cane Begonia.
It grows about 5' high, and is very difficult to find out here. I don't know about you, but I love it. My grandmother used to grow one, and my Dad got a slip and grew it for years. I haven't had much luck keeping it when we move so often, and it always seems to be left behind......... arrrrrgh.
Anyway, it's almost ready, and I'll make sure it's warm and got lots of roots.

~Susan~

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Hmmmmmm .. is the trio in transit to someone ?

~M~

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Jeez .. I forgot to add .. I am almost 99.9% sure that I am going to have to drop off the list of takers .. just WAY too much going on here with Lorna.
I am realtively sure I am not next on the list after Betty .. so .. if Betty still has the trio .. can you delete me .. OR .. whoever does have them .. if you read this .. will you please remove me from the list.
If I am too late .. well .. there will be LOADS of pics of the Boyz in physiotherapy !!!!

Feel bad about this !!

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Don't feel bad about it, Marilyn.
You've got soooooo much on your plate, that a couple of (toys) are the least of your worries, and don't worry about us - we're flexible (as flexible as old age allows LOL)....
What will be, will be.

Take care, hon

~Susan~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.