New gnomes in Nepean (west Ottawa)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

The gnome and moose x 2 arrived in good order - thanks Mona. Welcome to Nepean, Bow-winkle, Jerome Jr. and Winnie! Hope I've got those names right. Here they are being welcomed/investigated/cleared by Sophie (tortie) and Scruffy (orange & white).

(Sophie appears only on the full version of the photo)

& sorry for the low-res - I'm using my cell phone camera. If anyone sees my digital camera having a good time out on the town, please let me know! :-) Or maybe it's just lost in the heap ... anyway, back to the gnomes!

Shannon

This message was edited Sep 24, 2009 6:07 PM

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

A closer look ...

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Making themselves right at home with Sophie. (she looks a bit blurry ... she was actively sniffing them up and down :-)

This message was edited Sep 25, 2009 6:01 PM

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

She's not too sure yet.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

"What do you mean by this and how long is it going to go on?"

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

It appears the threat assessment has been completed and the gnomes are cleared for entry. Good thing, as they're already in and getting rather cozy!

More pics tomorrow in daylight hours, before handing them over to Sue.

This message was edited Sep 24, 2009 6:38 PM

Thumbnail by spklatt
Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Pretty purrbabies, Shannon. The disgusted look on Sophie's face was priceless! lol

Snow??? Nope, does not compute...

There, that's better ^_^

This message was edited Sep 24, 2009 4:57 PM

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

I love kitties I had four of them got them all as kittens starting 19 years ago in a matter of two years I had four, now I am down to one and he is 17 years old and still going

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks Don! :-) She was less than amused when I plunked the silly little guys immediately around her on her comfy chair. Ah well, they'll be on their way tomorrow.

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

my cat freaked out when we brought home Buddy the jack russel since he was already old and set in his ways it took months for those two to get along
now they sleep together

Thumbnail by scicciarella
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Very cute Mona, and nice plants too! The gnomes (I all them all that even though only one of them is a gnome! lol) are having a good day, investigating my balcony garden. Later they will go for a little boat ride. More pics will be coming after I get home this evening, by which time Sue will already have them. Thanks everyone for your patience, especially in the west.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I've enjoyed seeing your furbabies with the gnomes. Geez, we can't call them "lads" anymore can we? (or is Winnie male? I figured she was a female Mountie bear.) Look forward to the rest of your pics and hope the hand-off to sue goes well. I was hoping the gnomes would afford a chance to meet Sue too, but I guess I'll have to make a point of heading out to Perth one of these days.

Ann

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Just realized that we don't have a link back to the previous thread. You'll find it at: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1039691/

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Oh! Thanks for putting the link in there, Ann.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

The gnomes came downtown with me this morning to get my health card renewed (once every five years). On the way back home we got to ride in one of the new double-decker buses - first time for me. Here they are in our seat on the upper level, looking down at the street.

This message was edited Sep 25, 2009 5:21 PM

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Some more downtown Ottawa street scenes. They were glued to the window - typical tourists!

This message was edited Sep 25, 2009 5:23 PM

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Here they are with the new war museum in the far background. It's the low, flat building that goes up into a bit of a point towards the right-hand side. The brown buildings behind it are just across the river in Gatineau (Hull).

This message was edited Sep 25, 2009 5:25 PM

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Here they are sitting patiently at a transitway station in the west end, waiting for the local bus to take us to the beach.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Sitting at the beginning of the breakwater, at Britannia Beach. We saw the local heron!

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Still watching the heron.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

They tried to get a bit closer. (Their tags are showing!)

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Still mesmerized.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Just one more ...

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

They went all the way to the end of the breakwater, staying clear of the fishing lines! They sat for a few minutes looking across the river to Aylmer, Québec.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Back on the beach they shared a vanilla latté.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Someone had drawn a heart in the sand, which fit them perfectly.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

It's nice and warm in the sun!

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Bow-winkle and Winnie buried Jerome almost up to his neck in the sand.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Time for a boat ride!

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Fortunately the river was calm.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

They wanted to go see the gulls but the gulls kept moving away so we just headed back to shore.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Back on dry land, Winnie and Bow-winkle tried to climb up the life-guard tower ladder.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

We stopped to look at some fall colours, just starting to make an appearance.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

They wanted to poke around a willow stump (the tree cracked down the middle a few weeks ago and was promptly taken away by the city).

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Sedum is fun to play on! A bit tippy for balancing, especially for Jerome near the top.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Back home in the balcony garden, Jerome fit perfectly in the hanging basket of million bells (Calibrachoa) and marigolds.

This message was edited Sep 25, 2009 5:48 PM

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

What a cute little guy!

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

They had to check out the Christmas cactus.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Then the marguerite daisies and morning glory.

Thumbnail by spklatt
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Here they are checking to see whether the tomatoes are ripe yet. (nope ... sigh)

Thumbnail by spklatt

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.