Nepenthes veitchii

london, United Kingdom

He's hungry

Thumbnail by rbtkew
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Really beautiful. My Nepenthes are looking so sad this year. I don't think they have gotten enough light.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Feed him a mouse, is he big enough? Pretty plant.

Mr. Robert,do you feed the plants?
The plants are so pretty and healthy looking.
Charleen, I was joking about the mouse.

london, United Kingdom

The only feed they get is the flies that get caught in the pitchers, but they are big enough to hold a mouse if one was so stupid enough to climb in!

they certainly are beautiful plants.
Thank you for showing them.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

My nepenthes have frogs that live in them. Sarracenia too. Seems to be pretty symbiotic.

Have you taken any pictures? starsplitter.
I have seen pic of them and never tire of them.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Do a search on my name. I have posted lots of pictures of my CPs on DG.

I looked, but I feel I'm being nosey. But very nice articles.
I love the CP. I'm fairly new and am still learning . Can't wait for spring
to get out there and find some. We have some nurseries just got to locate them.
Thanks

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I meant a DG search. :) Did you come across my Astronomy and Growing CP articles online?

You should be able to find my pictures by doing a DG search on my starsplitter7 ID. I also have pictures on loaches.com (a fish site -- but I post my plant pictures in the offtopic forum). I go by starsplitter7 there too. :)
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1018101/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1013671/
A bunch of pictures but I was new to the forum and they are not correct
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/966695/

I keep my Nepenthes groing in a Rain Tree and an Orange tree from spring through fall. As soon as the temps drop below 60 the lowlands come in. Then the intermediates at about 45-50, and then my intermediate/hyland hybrinds like vetrata at 35-40. They do fine until it freezes, then the plants are done for. Learned that last year, when I thought I had all the plants and missed one. :( Luckily not my big one.

Those are just beautiful. That is where i saw the frog picture. I love it.
I just got some Nepenthes seed from one of my DG friends. Got to get them Planted
right away. Going to put them in an aquarium to try growing them.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Let me know if you managed it. Post pictures. What type did you get?

fafflesiana and maximawavyleaves
is what I got but nothing yet. I set them up in this little Aquarium-nothing yet.
Still waiting.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I didn't get my Nepenthes leaves to grow, but I leave my seeds in pots for a long time just to see.

I keep looking to see if there is any little signs of life. I want to see little green sprouts. I am pitiful! got Sang in the butter compart of frig, getting chilled. Poor hubby doesn't know what to think, just shakes his head and grabs something to eat. but I sure do enjoy all my little plant adventures and it is a learning experience. this is first time of planting so many exotic seeds.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I have Sarracenia seeds in the crisper. I also have fish food. So my fridge looks a bit odd too. :)

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

my friend gave me a rooted start from her's(species unkwn)in straight peat. I need to repot it. What's the best mix?

P

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Just Peat, do not use tap water, use rain or bottles water.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks. I use well water

P

Me too.(well water)
The Chemicals in the City water will burn the plants and kill them. NO FERTILIZERS either, same thing, Death.... You may be thinking it is too much trouble but it isn't. They are worth the waterbuckets of rainwater and all the care given. They just like things the way they are used too.
Wonderful plants....

Arlington, TX

Where do you keep the plant rbtkew? Meaning, what light source, temp etc...
C
BTW it is nice!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.