Happy Birthday SallyG!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Enjoy your day!!!

Thumbnail by onewish1
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Darn, you beat me to it! LOL Saw the birthday and then got carried away surfing the net for skin problems Lucy is having :( Regardless, hope you have a wonderful day - Happy Birthday!

Thumbnail by rcn48
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Hope this birthday is the start of a wonderful year!!!!!!!!!!!

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday Sally!! May all your blooms be beautiful and your weeds few.

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Thank you all! Isn't it nice to get birthday wishes. I should not expect them as I am horrible at getting birthday cards out on time.
My kids are off school, -- hubby thought for a few minutes that I was ;on strike; this morning when I wasn't doing the lunch and school routine at 7 20 LOL

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

*hugs* from us & cuddles from "Little Bit"...

Here's a fuzzy guy who was cruising around the garden just now... I thought he was cute!

Thumbnail by critterologist
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

This salvia is still blooming for your birthday, also!

(Any chance you can come to the crocus party next month? we could celebrate your birthday + 1 month!)

Thumbnail by critterologist
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, Wish I had time to build you a card, but I gotta' pack! Have a GREAT DAY! Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope you're enjoying your day.

Thumbnail by flowAjen

Aw thanks guys, for the blooms and beasties- I love them all
onewish, that colored edge on the begonia is so pretty
rcn= love the pups if I lived closer I'd try to come to the Open House.
Catbird- nice waterlily, I have none, not even a pond or trough to put one in.
critter- yes I am on the pending coming to the party just dbl checking family schedule list. Think the bundle of Joy(anna) can survive on your daily output of cuddlles till then?
Ric/Holly just send me some virtual surf and sand~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Becky what a perfect rose! What planet do you raise them on?
jen- awesome butterfly shot!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, hope you are having and great day!

And thank you so much for bringing some giggles to our little spot in Daves Garden

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hey Sally Ric figured out that if we change our route just a bit we can swing by the open house. Isn't that great! Don't think I will be bringing home any plants as they would have to travel with us. Well maybe one or two small ones. LOL
Hope your day was just great.

Aw lady, those are lovely.
teehee Holly, at least one souvenir of some kind! I'm sure the RCN nursery is beautiful in person, just like we swappers liked seeing your place. It just puts all the pieces together when you see it for real.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Sally, Well, it's still your birthday in parts of the country, so maybe I'm not really late? I'm so pathetic about mailing actual cards in a timely fashion that I've been known to buy "Belated" birthday cards IN ADVANCE. How sad is that?

Seriously, hope you had a wonderful, wonderful day, and wishing you the best year ever! Barb

Thumbnail by DaylilyDiva219
West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Late cards in advance? That's brilliant!

Happy (late) birthday SallyG !!!

Thumbnail by claypa
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Sally! I'm with Diva, it's still your BD in the western part of the US! Glad you got to share your day with the kids. May you have a year full of lots of chuckles and snorts.

Thumbnail by stormyla

Barb--I completely sympathize! with belated cards. That is one neat DL. And it's between caladiums? Sun/ shade...? Thanks for the greetings!

claypa- is that the happy girlfriend of Jim Dandy? i feel like a granda times three hundred !

stormyla- yep I'll accept more greetings. well, kids are all teenagers so 'with them' is not the same as when they were little. But still it was better than a school day. Cool gaillardia(sp)

We went to Italian Market in Crofton. A big Italian restaurant with a market area (duh) You order at the counter and pick up and take to table. A pretty dining room but no waitress service. Is this a new trend? A nice really big patio area in back facing a big manmade lake. Wine. I can see some DGers gathering there one evening...........

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sounds like you had a fun day! Good!

"Think the bundle of Joy(anna) can survive on your daily output of cuddlles till then?"

I'll step up the cuddling until you can come cuddle her up!

Sally, Glad you liked the daylily - it's "Chesapeake Crablegs", which I thought was appropriate, since you live in AA County. I got it at Homestead Gardens - and this is a rebloom!

Yes, between caladiums, in full sun. They are 'Aaron' and 'June Bride' , and 'Pink Cloud' on the right. All gotten through the Caladium Co-op with Kathy & Bill. Every cultivar I got has done very well in both full sun and shade.

Sounds like your day was great. That Italian Market sounds grand. The setting sounds lovely too. And... Wine??? What's not to love? ^_^

Yep, claypa, I have a stash of "Belated Birthday" cards on hand. Brilliant indeed. LOL!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Dang it...day late....Hope your day was as beautiful as you!!!
Hugs!!!

Thumbnail by Chantell
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Ahhh, Sally!
I never check for Birthdays!!!! They are ONLY numbers in the mist......SO! Sorry I missed yours!!!

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Don't you wish we were 20-something again?????

YES! That is MOI--at Wildwood, NJ--who remembers when? Maybe 22 or 23?

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal

ah, Barb--I should run down to Homestead and see if maybe there is one on sale for fall clearance, could get lucky, --very appropriate name for this region!. I didn't know caladiums could take sun, but then look at all the coleus we've been keeping in the shade for years, that look great in sun.

Chantell- thank you!

Gita- yup carefree 20something on the beach...ahhhhhhhhhh

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, not wanting to highjack your birthday thread, but maybe we should nominate Gita as our MA pinup girl!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

OH, YEAH!!!!! Here is more of MOI from the late 50's..........

I just thought i was SOOOOO hot back then! Can laugh now at the blase look on my face in all these pictures.....
I tell you--it is total ignorance ans self-absorption......

Lets see some of you all from your twenties! GIVE!!!!!

G.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, Nice picks, but this should be a thread of it's own.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

YEAH! Thass All, Folks!

Sorry for butting in with all this.....Sally won't mind, i am sure.....

YES! It would be a nice Thread to see how we all looked in our 20's.....Does anyone else want o be so brave?????

I have already bared my Bod! Who is next??????

Gita

gigglige- I am not "affronted" , Gita is one of the rare people who don't scream and run from the camera.
If I don't see a new thread soon I will start one. It would be more fun if we could have to guess who is who. ladygardener started one a while ago with baby/ childhood pix in the garden.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Whadaja mean you want pix from our 20's??!! I swear I haven't changed ONE bit! And since I'm still 29 I can't possibly have changed!

Hey Sally, I was just at Homestead on Wednesday and all I saw was a ton of the ubiquitous "Stella d'Oro". However, I didn't totally cover all the area where the daylilies might have been - maybe you could call them before going? (Not knowing how far you'd be going). They were pricey when I got mine - $25 per pot, but my Annapolis gardening friend/enabler split it with me, and we both got blooming size clumps for a more reasonable $12.50.

About the caladiums, I'm amazed too at how much sun they can tolerate. Actually "tolerate" is an understatement - they do really well. When I'd started them in smaller pots way back when, they got late afternoon, full sun (Western exposure) against the brick wall of my house, and there was not a sign of burning. I wound up using them all over the yard, sun, shade, didn't matter!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Gita you have to post that collage in the old photos thread in the NE ... it's great!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1032264/

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

onewish

I just looked, quickly, at all the photos in the link....You were some looker!!!

I found the old picture thread I started in 2007, if any one wants to add more childhood/younger pictures there fell free to contribute.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/683025/

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

VAVAVOOM! LOL What great pics Gita. Yes we will have to get that old thread LadyG started back up. I remember I had been looking for a few old pics to post on it and then it just slipped my mind.

onewish- that other thread looks like a hoot. we could do that here too. (or , I wonder how they would feel about a crossover from some Mid Atl)

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Was it the 24Tth?? Sorry to be late. Sallyg, hope your day was fun and memorable!! Belated wishes for another great year!!

Remember these guys??? The song is "Every Breath You Take" (from the Peter Gunn Theme):

http://vodpod.com/watch/2177567-blues-brothers-peter-gunn-theme

I hope the link works!! Enjoy and party ON!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you Gita.... and we welcome all Sally... either way... here or there... it's all good

Too bad my sister is the caretaker of the ten racks of old slide pictures, the really funny sisxties ones would be in there. I have 8mm film but no viewer. I could reel some out, tape it to the window and take a pic. Or do something 'worthwhile' with my days like cook, clean...

Sally Strikes again !! LOL

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

This sounds like a fun winter project. Too many chores still to do outside than to dig out photos.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.