Plans for Arbors and Gates for my Gardens

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Does anyone have pictures of your own arbors and gates or know of a great site that would have some? Some building plans would also be great.

I've put up a privacy fence all around my property. (Yes, did it myself and I love it! No one can see me!) I'll be installing 7 gates in the fence. Two will be "invisible"--just for my own use to enter my potting area. The others will be decorative (I hope) and functional. All my gates will be 48" wide. At four of the gates, I also want to build arbors. Since I'm doing it myself, I need something fairly simple but also elegant.

Below is a picture of the fence on one side of the property. At each end of it will be a gate/arbor for entrance to my gardens. We use this empty lot for parking when I have garden parties or family gatherings. This fence also faces a main highway with lots of traffic, so curb appeal is a must.

This photo was taken before I mulched and landscaped the bed in front of the fence with "Burgundy" Lorapetalums and Pink Delight butterfly bushes. I'm going with a pink, purple, and white theme in the bed and will add more perennials when I get all the bermuda killed. I've edged the bed with concrete cobblestones and it looks kinda cute now.

Any pictures, links and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!