http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037643/

This message was edited Sep 27, 2009 1:11 PM

This message was edited Sep 27, 2009 1:11 PM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning Everyone.

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Good morning,
you may be sitting alone in the dark this AM , your link from other thread takes everyone to the lasagna thread.
^_^ some times it is hard to navigate around here when you are new.

edit to say...Cue is on the old thread

This message was edited Sep 18, 2009 7:08 AM

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

My link goes to the lasagna thread? No kidding hmmm...Did you here that everyone ...No,Robin ...so hows the date? DId I get that right? Thank You GG just par for the norm for me I will fix it!!Oh it worked when I started it is Lucy at work here?

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Woo Hoo! Found you! You can't hide from us that easy, arejay! We will find you. lol

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning Skell.....

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Good Morning Everyone. Hmmmm Robin I could have sworn today is the 18th but I'm probably too far in the future to know for sure.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Well I am moving right along there on one wrong number......

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Shouldn't have to try to work on computers this time of day anyway. LOL! Too much thinking involved without enough coffee.

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Morning Gang -

Here's one for you. I was at our local video rental store yesterday when the owner said he was throwing out several boxes used for VCR tapes. You know, the heavy duty plastic kind, being tossed right in the dumpster. So I scarfed a bunch to use as shipping containers for our seed swaps. The price was Free and not likely to get any cheaper!

These look great. Easily taped shut with postal tape, and sent for about $2.00 by First Class (not expensive Priority) mail. They're also ultimately reuseable without falling apart like cardboard. They should work good for shipping smaller items.

I'll be trying a few of these in my future mailings, don't be suprized if you get one. Don't feel terribly obligated to send it back to me, just on to another member within our group to keep them in use.

Al

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Bit brisk out this morning. Fall is definately in the air. 43 degrees! Not many leaves turning yet tho. I love the fall season!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Wow Al. What a great way to ship things. I would have never thought of that. Nice!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

And Al is a great packer he sent me tomato plants they were great!!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Never ceases to amaze me, the creativity here with e1! What a resourceful bunch!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Good Morning all. Al that is a great idea who would've thunk it. ?

Wilburn, AR

Good morning everyone.
Good way to recycle Al.
Looks to be another dreary day here today

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Yeah it seems like you all south and west of us are getting all the rain now. They said last night on the news it just might push the system holding us under dry weather out of the way this weekend so we just might get some of it. I know we sure could use some right now. I have been having to water almost everynight and that gets old LOL

Wilburn, AR

I'll do what I can to send it your way.We need to dry out just alittle.
But I'm always afraid to complain too much,afraid if it leaves, it may not come back for a while!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well as long as you don't send us a flood will be glad to get it LOL

Wilburn, AR

I know,it seems to be our turn to have some flooding! I guess it could be worse, now the local radio stations are talking about a possible earth quake becouse of all the rain!
What next?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Really? I have never heard of having an earth quake because of rain. I thought those only happened when the earths plates shifted.

Wilburn, AR

What they're saying is that the conditions are very similar to the conditions back around the early 1800's when the last "big one" happened in this part of the county.But then they've been predicting another major earthquake here for years.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2009 8:16 AM

Florence, KY(Zone 6a)

We sure could use some rain here. The leaves are starting to fall because it's so dry but haven't turned colors yet.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Yeah thats like here they say that it could happen any time. We live on a fault line and we have had several quakes that were high on the ricther scale but has never done any damage anywhere. the first I can really remember was funny. We were setting down at the dinner table and just finished dinner and all of the sudden the house was shaking really bad and we thought a train had derailed the way it shook the house as we lived close to the tracks. I got up and looked out the back door NO TRAIN , I told DH jokingly Earth Quake and laughed, then the next thing we knew it was being announced there had been a quake, like 7. something on the scale and I was only joking LOL

Wilburn, AR

We've had a few big "shakes" too.What I think is funny is how people react. Especially over the predictions. There were predictions for a major quake on the New Madrid fault back in the late '80s, I know of 2 families around here who packed-up, sold their homes and moved!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Now why didn't I think of those viedo cases Al ? I have a few around here if I didn't throw them away awhile back.
We are getting light rain showers here. The shady bed should be soft enough to dig today.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hey - I want some of that rain you all are hogging over there!!

Great idea on the tapes, Al! Way to reuse and recycle! WOOT!

Took me a minute to find this thread, and what do I find? Robin - the date is wrong!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I know KT2 I know. I cant change it it wont let me. At least everyone will know I have been here.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

YOUR REPUTATION PRECEDES YOU MY FRIEND!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

It certainly does!! Thank You my friend.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Mindy did I tell you I got the huge box of seed you sent? Wow guys the Auction seeds just keep coming. We have had several also that found us since posting here on Garden Talk instead of seed for trade!!! Sometimes I guess even when things go wrong they go right!!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

No Robin you didn't mention it had arrived. It wasn't a big box either just a small medium sized one LOL but I admit it was full.

Favoirte colors green and yellow. Birth month August

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Mindy it was full!! Lots and lots of seed in there. I guess mine and your definition of big are different!!

Afternoon All

Can't keep up with the threads today. I think I'm just gonna stay put right here until the Brug contest. LOL Hope everyone has had a good day.

Loved the poem this morning Robin. Wish the poet could have read it to us. Did I read right when Loca said this was your sister?

Mekos my B'day month is Feb.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Seray you forgot your colors fess them up right now. Robin all of those seeds came from my sister and one of her friends. They just love helping me out especially since I share with them LOL

Orlando, FL

hi all found you over here
going to football now see ya later
blondie

hey mekos you here

This message was edited Sep 18, 2009 3:39 PM

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I'm back home now. I found 2 of the best buys I could have made on Craig's list. I managed to buy a small front tine tiller for 90 bucks and a 2 teired pond, water fall top half and in the lower half it has a straight up shot fountain, for 65 bucks. and both in great shape . Talk about tickled.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Everyone,
Yes Seray she is my sister. Thank You Sister Mindy and her friend....There is no option to close a thread so we have to leave the other one open. We will have to take that into consideration as we post new threads... I like the new forum we have had new people find us....

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Sister says you are very welcome Robin she's laughing her head off at me telling you it was just a small medium sized box.

Great Haul Flower! My colors Mindy! I like spring colors blue, green, lavender. Wouldn't know it by looking at my house. LOL The colors are rich reds & light yellows.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.