CLOSED: ŁazŁo's Mystery Mix for Fall 2009 «☼ż☼»

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

################     CLOSED     ################

If you want to request a packet of my Mystery Mix for Fall 2009, goto the following (new) thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1040795/
~ Ł
ŁazŁo's Mystery Mix for Fall 2009 is now being offered for SASE:

Just as with "Raisin Bran" each packet has two scoops (at least) of pure goodness. ☺     I have tried to keep this mixture limited to seeds from full sun plants however there may be some which thrive better in part shade exposures.   Keep in mind that "full sun" here in OzTown, Tax_US is somewhat akin to being at the gates of Hell and so "part shade" here may be equal to "full sun" where your garden grows.

Hundreds of packets have been packaged already and there's a huge reserve of the mix in a container for the event so many requests come in that II run out of pre-packaged seeds.

So please don't post on this thread questions such as "Do you have any left?"

Whenever the supply runs out, I will close this thread right away.  Until the thread is closed, yes, I have more Mystery Mix seeds left and, yes, I will send a packet to you . . .

What I need from you:

A self-addressed business-size envelope (SAE) or a self-addressed bubble envelope (SABE) enclosed with 61˘ in LOOSE U.S. postage stamps.  Please do not affix the postage to your return envelope.  Thank you.

Mark the lower left corner on the outside of your enclosed return envelope with the words:   "Mystery Mix" so that I don't get confused and all.  Thank you.

My postal addy == >   http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=LazLo

If you can't see the DG address exchange, send a DMail for my postal info,
using this link == >   http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmail.php?q=LazLo   and request my postal mailing address.

A T B T Y !       ~       ŁazŁo     ;--)
################     CLOSED     ################

If you want to request a packet of my Mystery Mix for Fall 2009, goto the following (new) thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1040795/
~ Ł

This message was edited Sep 22, 2009 3:22 AM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yeah!! Thanks LazLo. The mix we've all been waiting for. I know if you can grow it I can grow it seeing as I live pretty close to that gate you mentioned above - lol. I'm already plotting out a Mystery Mix area in my yard!

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Lazlo I would love to try your Msytery Mix please. I love surprises.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I will send you an envelope and two "forever stamps" will that work? Home so.
would like "Mystery mix." I know it says mystery but do you label what they are? Silly question??
Anyhow, my envelope will be in the mail. thanks Love the pictures . Charleen

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

ridesredmule - I think it's a mystery until they grow and then we get the fun of identifying what we're growing - lol.

Well, I am sort of goofy some times, fell off my mule too many times. :-) But I sure enjoy meting all these nice people on
that help me wade thru. Thanks, I think I will give it a try. I guess they will grow here.

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Whoohooo! Sending SAE : )
Thanks!!! I love starting seeds!

Greenbush, MI(Zone 4b)

Thank so much! Envelope will be in the mail tomorrow.

Carol M.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Mailing my envy this week. Thank you for your generosity!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Sending you another envie. Would like the mix also. Mailing out tomorrow. Thanks

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Ooh! I am SO sending an envelope! :D Thank you, LazLo, you're awesome!

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

Thank you! Envelope goes in the mail in the a.m.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Sending in my envelope in the AM.... two envelopes.. one for my son, the new gardener, and one for me... by the way.. I have some awsome plants from your last offer last fall.. I have full sun! YAY! ;D

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

me too please glad didnt miss it been sick lately and not on. will get it out tommorow.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

What fun!! I know what FULL SUN means here in Texas! LOL Loved your description of it being something akin to standing at the gates of hell!

I'll be sending you an envelope!

(Zone 7a)

Many thank yews - am sending envie etc - have gates of hell all ready - lol

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

LazLo, I would love to try your mystery mix. Getting my envelope ready now. Thank you so much! :)

ants

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

I would love some are there any left?

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I want to join in the fun of a mystery mix garden too plz...

(Darla) Dubuque, IA(Zone 5a)

Lazlo, I would love to get in on the mystery mix .Sounds like alot of fun. Sending SABE today.

Thanks,
Darla

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

«☼ż☼»
Hundreds of packets have been packaged already and there's a huge reserve of the mix in a container for the event so many requests come in that II run out of pre-packaged seeds.   So please don't post on this thread questions such as "Do you have any left?"   Whenever the supply runs out, I will close this thread right away.  Until the thread is closed, yes, I have more Mystery Mix seeds left and, yes, I will send a packet to you . . .
«☼ż☼»

This message was edited Sep 15, 2009 9:37 AM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

«☼ż☼»
Just FYI Folks, the mention of the heat in my area doesn't mean your area must be as hot as Hades for the mix to succeed.  I just needed a reason to type naughty.
«☼ż☼»

Thumbnail by LazLo

i thought I found you a dragon tail but only got Gooseneckstrife. I'll keep looking.
Looked like a dragon tail to me. Love your goofy pic.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Jeez don't spread that stuff around to much it might take hold somewhere and that would be bad. ROFLOL.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

How bout this one?

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well that one might not be as bad but really needs to be changed around . Voters on top . The way it should be . With out voters there wouldn't be any politicians.

That one is right, we all get crapped on
after voting them in.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Loved your pic, Xe. When in doubt, weed & keep the good ones!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

»   I received my envelope yesterday . . . Should I start the mystery mix seed now?
»   Just wondering since it said fall mix.
»

«☼ż☼»
No worries - I labeled the packets "Fall 2009" only to differentiate them from the mix I offered this Spring.
You can sow them now (just don't let them get too wet or to dry out), winter sow them, or wait until just after the last frost next year.
«☼ż☼»

Thumbnail by LazLo
Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Don the comic is good. made me laugh this morning.

Don, the Manihot I received from you last spring is blooming and I love it.. thanks so very very much! ( the Abelmoschus manihot - - Synonym: Hibiscus manihot )

Thumbnail by joeswife
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh, Debra - that's sure pretty!

Oh, Kelly... all his stuff is pretty! The man can sure find the seeds! The only seed I got from him that hasn't sprouted ( that I know of) is the pride of barados..
my red yucca is making a plant, the I. Carnea has come up in three different pots, and well.. some real cute white and pink asters ( I think thats what they are) showed up in his spot ( I have trade spots)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Debra -

You should try the petals of the manihot hibiscus in a salad - - they are great & make a pretty touch for the salad, too.

As for the Pride of Barbados germination troubles you mention - - just give sunshine & a dash of cinnamon a try:

I use 2"x2" pots with any potting soil into which I mix a dash of ground cinnamon - - a natural fungicide that really helps to keep damp-off from occuring. I've found my germination rates soar since taking up this practice.

But prior to sowing, you need to scarify the seed - - sometimes I use the tip of a sharp knife, but if my wife catches me doing this she makes me change over to a piece of sandpaper. (I've nicked my fingers almost as many times as I've nicked seeds . . . slippery little boogers!)
I use either a fine sandpaper or just an old emery board. All you need to do is get through that outer coat - - removing just a small bit will do as long as you can see the meat, or germ, of the seed beneath that outer hull. Once done with the scarifying, I soak the seeds in lukewarm water for at least 12 hours.

After soaking the potting soil, I locate the place where I scarified each seed and just push the seed into the soil until about ˝ of the seed remains exposed. Pride of Barbados needs sunlight to germinate.
«☼ż☼»

Thumbnail by LazLo

Cinnamon? Really? Would you recommend this for all seeds, or just certain types?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

all seeds

*bows to the Guru*

Thank you. :)

Great!, I used cinnamon all last winter in my nursery down stairs.. so treat them like the morning glorys then right? I need more seeds , then cuz I planted all mine.. I guess I better go out to my jungle and see if I have a plant and just don't know it..LOL I saw that Tropicmans seed from you germinated and his is lookng great and bloomed.. but then anything he touches grows.. and.. I use a file too, cuz all i have to do is look at a knife and i am bleeding..
Thanks, don, u r the best!

This prevent "dampoff" too? The cinnamon? i don't like to grow seed only to have them tumble over
from dampoff. i have been trying to find out and you got the answer. Huh? You mix it into the soil or
can you just sprinkle it on top?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Debra - I'm excited your's is so pretty because I got some seeds for them from LazLo a couple months back and I have some babies of them! Hibiscus are great - so pretty, and as Don says, this one is edible - lol. Anything that grows in my zone, looks pretty and I can eat it? OK in my book. I was so excited to see Don offer seeds because I hear such great things about this seeds!! The Mystery Mix will go in a special spot so I can have fun trying to ID everything with my newbie self - lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.