Apropos of Nothing...

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

This thread can't be derailed, because there's no topic. HA!

I had mail stolen from my mailbox today. Two envelopes of seeds I was sending out for swaps. The thieving creeps tore open the envelopes, stole the seeds and note cards, and left one empty envelope in the mailbox. My mailman brought it to my door to let me know what had happened. Doesn't that just suck?

My cats really love cherry pop tarts. So do I.

I need more broken concrete chunks. Give me them.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Awhile back I did something really stupid.

Today I bought a battery & sold some plastic bins.

I don't really care for showers, especially the part where my hair gets wet.

My dog has one eye.

One of my cats is throwing herself against the sliding glass door trying to catch a moth on the other side of the glass. She's SMRT.

Another one of my cats tries to eat my spicy brains when I'm sleeping. I wake up to him going Om nom nom on my noggin.

I want a new tattoo.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Look. A duck.

I have to be up in 5 hours. Why can't the world just conform to my nocturnal schedule?

I just threw a rock at a possum. I missed.

Arugala.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Who's happy for the possumz, yay.
ARUGULA, dangit.

Wupps. I kin speel reel gud.

G'night, John-Boy.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

^_^

My coffee tastes too bitter this morning.

I have half a day off and am confused about where to begin in the garden.

What is the new tattoo you want? Why is this so compelling? Help me understand the tattoo generation. They are cool, but I've never wanted one.

I had to stomp on a big spider last night. bad karma.

Why do I have to drive the beater mazda truck while my son drives my van to school?

I have too many plants. Somebody save me.

Pony, get a treatment light to help with this nasty sleep issue. They work.

I like this thread. You and summerkid need to get together. Two great minds, quick on the draw. I will sit back and watch and be entertained. Please accomodate me soon.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Me too. I'm too foggy to be quick.

Rode my bike this morning while the aide was here. Sure wish it had at least one speed beside my legs. I want to go farther, but hopefully that will come as I do it more frequently.

I so enjoyed my cup this morning.

Feels like fall here - a little too early I fear.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

It's definitely fall on my hilltop.

Cool and sunny morn.

I even transpose when I type.

Used to be very fast at it and shorthand too.

Love my new computer.

If I were young I would get a tatoo on my hip. Something to go with the stretch marks.

I just accidently hit the space bar and this message posted. HUH?

This message was edited Sep 10, 2009 11:17 AM

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

^_^ I burst out laughing at the tattoo near the stretch marks. Isn't a full arm tat called a sleeve? Well, I'd have a 'girdle' if I wanted to camoflage the stretch marks. I had twins dontcha know that weighed in at 8'11 and 7'11. I'm rolling on the floor. Thanks, I needed that.

Hey, have you heard that some weeds have very pretty flowers? If you want to find out, just come visit me.

Does anyone Sudoku?

Why would I sue Doku? What's he ever done to me?

I want a tribal style horse tattoo on my left arm. Maybe for Christmas. I like ink. Ink makes me happy.

I say "ArugUla" instead of "Huh?"

I've blown the first half of the day getting stuff done to my truck so I could pass emissions. Now I must work in the yard. I'd rather go back to bed. 4 hours of sleep doesn't cut it.

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Hmm.... I like this idea! I can stay off topic very well!

I love tattoos and could easily be an ink addict if I thought more parts of my body were going to stay static. Settled for my ankle.

I have a funky pink flamingo on my desk who does the happy dance. He was a gift for my greenhouse, but I haven't taken him home yet. I think he is ultra cool! Does that mean that I am getting old?

Thumbnail by Rarejem
Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

No, Julie, just weird.

Representin' here for the crowd that has never considered a tattoo, never dated anyone with a tattoo, doesn't appear to be immediately related to anyone with a tattoo, doesn't have any friends with tattoos to her knowledge.

Now that I think about it, what are the odds? Are the tattooees & the unadorned like oil & water that only seek their own?

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

My personal hades today has been trying to deal with titling a 1959 Airstream so I can sell it. Who knows when the title got lost, probably 1960. Or late 1959.

And TOTALLY a propos of nothing, just puzzling over this: I got my new phone number barely a month ago, and it immediately started to ring with debt-collection companies. Several calls a day, mostly from some place called NCO. They don't say who they're looking for, except once for Jason & I swear once for my real 1st name. The messages are just vague & ask for a callback. A couple of times I've picked up the phone, hoping to tell the caller that they are not reaching the right person. But every time I picked up, the call went dead. Last night, I actually went to the trouble of writing down the number from the message & trying to call NCO back but got a machine that said no one was around & to please leave a message. Which I did, but honestly. How do debt-collection companies actually collect money if there is no one on the other end when they call AND no one on the other end when *I* call?!

DOOD! The exact same thing happened when I got the cel number I have now. I keep getting calls for Richard Moore from all these collection agencies. I keep telling them this isn't his number, but they keep calling anyway. My voice mail message says "If you're calling for Richard Moore, this is not his number, and I do not know him". But they STILL KEEP CALLING.

*cough* *gasp* *wheeze*

Right, then.

I am covered in dirt, and I am very thirsty.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I used to live in Spokane. I don't anymore.

From what I've been told by people who live in Spokane, that's good. ;p

I am done for the day. DONE, you hear? No more digging, planting, lugging rocks or watering. FINISHED.

Somebody needs to come fix me dinner. Take-out would be acceptable.

Purple.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Well Sacramento is prettier than Spokane.
I achieved a long term goal today. I have been trying to wash all the dirty flower pots that I own for about five years. I've had a garbage can filled with water and a little bleach sitting out in the back patio work area for that long and just keep washing pots. Trays, buckets, and everything associated with pots. Today I finished it all and was going to give the garbage can back to my daughter. THen I thought I would just fill it up again and leave it out there so from now on every pot or anything dirty will go in there to soak and be washed instead of sitting around looking ugly. It has a lid on it so you don't see any mess.

Ha! Wild thought. Should have a tatoo like flames going up the hips to cover the stretch marks

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Ha ha -- GardenSox, you're IN.

All the cool kids are doing it.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

My youngest daughter who is away at college informed me that she is getting her ear double pierced soon as a birthday present to herself. Now that she is 18 I guess she can make these decisions for herself,but Mom is not crazy about the idea. She is having it done at the best Tatoo parlor in her town. That makes me feel so much better. Not a tat fan, but not a bad way to hide a few flaws/ What to do on a muffin top?

Made brownies and chocolate chip cookies today to send to the girls. Hope they are not stale when they arrive.

The cat snuck outside today and was covered with dirt and leaves when I found her. Long haired cats need to stay inside. What a mess!

My garden guy dug out 5 large native iris plants in my yard today. They are the invasive type and were taking over. Bye-bye!

The dogs got a much need bath on Sunday. I can now stand to be in the same room with them.

Have tons to do in the garden!

Summerkid, your lack of tatooed friends is short lived. You are now in the Pacific Northwest.
I win. I've never even Been to Spokane.

got to go do Dream Group. It's Thursday.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Yay cat! I'm with you -- sneak outta the house, get down & dirty.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Tattooed muffin top = animation

My heart is broken
Summer does not like tattoos
I am not her friend

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Oh, I love tattoos! I love that there are all sorts of morons willing to spend what must be lots of money to sit for what must be FOREVER while being jabbed with needles so that they can become walking points of interest for the rest of us.

I'm always tempted to go up to the seriously tattooed, take their arm in both hands, and seriously study the work. How do you think that would go over?

*blink*

I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but geez. You just called me a moron. Hmph.

Some people like to have their ink examined closely. Go to a tattoo convention and be a looky-loo.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

It's the needle thing, Bread Knife. I'm the fainting goat of humans.

Also, is the art for you or for the observer? I would have a problem walking that line & choosing wisely.

And also, I'm so changeable. My dearest dream for some time was to have a brass bed (death to brass beds). What is more permanent than a tattoo? Not even marriages.

It's all about me. ME me ME me.

And for the record, yes I do have one that I regret getting. May have it covered with something else someday.

I'm feeling very old and creaky tonight. Stupid back.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

I'm crazy obsessed with two literary passages: The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock & Proverbs 31, King James version no substitutes. I scribble them on my walls, sew them into my quilts, recite them on sleepless nights.

So my dream for a tattoo would be to start at one tiny toe with "Let us go then you & I to where the evening ..." and on the other foot we'd begin with "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies ..."

And then they would intertwine around my torso, spiral up toward my head and ... we'd be out of space, somewhere around " ... late-night cheap hotels/She considereth a field & buyeth it ... "

This message was edited Sep 10, 2009 8:45 PM

That would be cool.

(seriously.)

I want cheesecake. Why do we have no cheesecake?

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I have some creme brulee you could have.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Ugh. Death to things that taste sweet.

Also, death to tiny picture frames.

Nothing will satisfy my craving but cheesecake. *woe*

Careful with the snap judgements there. Some of the most creative and brilliant people I've known had lots of tattoos. I had a client who designed her own and they were stunning pieces of art. It's not what I choose, but the artwork was incredible. She came in one day with a new one across her collarbone. It was in script and it said 'Never Intentionally Evil'. I loved it. And it looked just perfect on her. (It also described her perfectly.) I have a theory about the many people who want to have lots of tatoos and, like Pony, get the 'urge' frequently.
My theory is that they are members of historic tribes who used tatoos to tell their myths, and just as a form of beauty. They're all reincarnated together because they are bonded through their tribal affiliations of long ago. Tribes such as this one:
http://www.tattooheaven.com/CentAsia.html
http://designhistory2009.blogspot.com/2009/03/post2-clare-scythian-tattoo.html

They were incredible artisans and since they were nomadic, their artwork was influenced by more than one great civilzation, including the Celts and the Greeks.

Sound wierd? Hey, prove me wrong! LOL

Selling things on Craigslist is a pain in the ##$$%.

That's a serious cheesecake jones you have going there, Pony. What's with the cravings? Aren't you supposed to be in bed? How's your man?

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

Pix, nobody's snap judgin. Just goofin. Pony (aka Bread Knife) can take it.

Doesn't my latent tattoo lust come thru? Of course, I could never justify "Never Intentionally Evil."

Maybe I was a Druid in a past life.

Bed? Ha! It's early! I usually don't go to bed til 4 AM. I'm a night mare.

Tracy's fine. Still no clue what happened to him, but he feels fine.

Dunno why I want cheesecake so bad. Maybe it's just because I really love cheesecake. And because I don't have any. heh.

Bread Knife. *snort*

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.