Help! Who am I...snake...

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh and yes, you are forgiven...! ;>)

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Hey, BlossumBuddy, mybe by doing what I do you could decreae the intiement of snakes to around th house, I have had to really clean up all areas...you know stacked unused pots, wood piles, etc. + in the yard I mow real short (snakes love longer grass) . the added bonus is getting to watch the blueBirds and other songbirds in th yard catching insects.In my garden, I just watch out for new holes and put a mothball down one if I find it. I try to poke it in really deep into the tunnel -my understanding is that neither snakes or voles like mothballs, I sure don't!! I am alone, so don't have any kids or others to help, but it I did I would surely have a stern education about mothball.

Shalom to you,
Sheri

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! My problem is is I got 25 acres! Which hole do I start with!

Good part is wooded, part is a bog, part is pasture, part is natural prairie, then theres the house yard and my gardens...!

I mow the house yard. I keep it as short as possible and mow parts just about daily because some of the vegitation is so very fast growing!

Well, I enjoyed this thread. it has been and I hope it continuies to be educational.

Just communing with nature here! ANd thanks all for your information too!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, Sweetest Day cometh and being the nature nut I am decided to get 6'2" a herp for our 21st Anniversary!

He is handling is new charm rather well.....

We just don't really know what kind of python this is!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Richmond, TX

This is a post that probably ought to be in the trivia forum, but there doesn't seem to be one. Does anyone know whether snakes can crawl backwards? Not just recoil but actually propel themselves smoothly to the rear as they can forwards. I wondered because one was headed into a gopher hole and I thought the gopher would be smart to plug it behind himself if possible. Could the snake then back out?

Oh, and I vote for hognose.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! Dont know much about snakes.....I dont think they can crawl backwards though and thats my vote and I am sticken to it!

Ok, now was you talking that green thing 6'2" is holding or the other snake being a hognose?

I know that that green thing cant back up!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.