a hello thread

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

this may get me in trouble who knows/ lol i cant say i havent been before. hehe but i thought on alot of forums here on Daves we have lets get to know each other threads. a basically hello how are you tell us about you thread.

well i know this forum doesnt link to all the forums subscribers have but beginners who we answer questions but like to know people too.

so with that

hi im rie married mom 1 almost 18 yr old. i try to answer questions and solve things. love plants. favorites are morning glories. i love plants though. any are welcome. i will try anything.

i love animals and have several cats and others.

so hi and nice to meet you. Rie

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

hello rie...i'm Trina, glad to meet you...I like any plant that doesn't bite me back, I have 5 teenagers (4 are his, well 3 are his ones his ex's but she left him too) I call him my hubby but we aren't married yet. Yes he's asked, but I just stick my fingers in my ears and go lalalalala everytime he mentions it. We have a big dog in the back we call skipper and a chihuahua named Tinkerbell, but I call her a blood-thirsty chupacabra.

Anchorage, AK

Well hello! Another gypsy member. Gotta get moon over to name you.
You like naming people right moon?
I hope she does :)

So I've been divorced almost 3 years. Can't say I'm sad about that. I agree with Trina, living together is juuuuust fine. Who needs messy paperwork?
Son just turned 19 & moved in with his dad last year to avoid the cold in AK.
I have a dog and the currently vanished cat from below (o.k. I'm really perturbed at him right now) and some fishy. I too love plants that don't bite, animals, and some people (LOL)

LOL ican. Imzadi has gone to bed for the evening and I do hope I got everyone, but I'm sure I didnt

Anchorage, AK

I have a feeling it won't take anyone in our bunch long to check it out ;)

very true...Jean is cery upset about the whole thing...said she was going to bed to "sleep on it"

ok I am NOT allowed to look at plant files anymore!!!!!

Anchorage, AK

Uh-oh, I know this feeling

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

ok popped back in real quick just too bath why cant you look at plant files?

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

ok off to bed talk to you all tommorow. night guys and ladies

cause I end up either putting more plants on my want list or just skipping the want list and going out and buying them....did you know there were over 600 secies of clematis?

Anchorage, AK

Have you been to the plant files yet imzadi? Go and you will understand.
Night!

bad trina I stirred up dust with my broom I'm sorry!

allright i hope everyone finds us, but I've been up for almost 23 straight hours and I'm tired now...good night all and if we get booted again just send me a dmail to let me know where we are at!

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

Good night Trina,I'm sure this will all work out, change is always confusing at first.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Hello Rie, I am Jean, everyone calls me Moon. I have 3 grown children, 32,34,36, and a 15y/o grandson who lives with my husband, Jim and I. I started helping my great aunt India in her garden when I was 2. Got away from it for a few years and then started back with a few houseplant in my early 20's. Turned into a 100 or so and sat on every flat surface with a hint of light. DHJim enclosed our backporch for me to greenhouse them when they got too big to be inside. Lost them all to a freak freeze when I was in my early 30's. Didn't have much to do with plants and gardening until about 10 or 11 years ago. Now I have to say "Hello, my name is Jean and I am a garden/plant addict" Grin

BEDFORDSHIRE, United Kingdom

hi , i think this is a good idea, a get to meet me thread.
my name is lainy (elaine when im in trouble hehe). i live in england uk (down south)
i have two children. stuart 24 who was killed at 16 when a motoerist on drugs pulled out of a junction and straight into him. and one surviving daughter kayleigh who is 20.
im married.
hobbie gardening and reading .
nice to meet you all.

Nice to meet you lainy! and welcome to the rebels thread!

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

Hah! I found you all! I am Julie, AKA Smileymom, AKA RockN'Smile.

I live in Buffalo, NY with my artist husband and 2 kids. OK, well one kid is left at home. She is 16 and my son who moved out is 19. I've been gardening for about 10 years since we moved into a house that had a tiger lily jungle in the back yard. We uncovered a rose bush, my husband accidentally cut it down so I went out and bought a rose bush. Then it was curtains for me.

I have a lot of potted plants, he likes to dig garden beds and let me try to fill them up. I have a junkyard garden, little of this, little of that. I also work 40 hours a week, which leaves little time to garden.

Which reminds me... better go check on things...

Where are my manners??? Hello Rie! Hello Lainy!

This message was edited Sep 5, 2009 10:44 AM

yeah smiley found us gangs almost all here ok where's dave?

I go to the plant files to see how much sunlight one plant needs and find 200 more plants I want....He better finish my greenhouse quickly that's all I gotta say!

hmhmh which pic do I post first...My iris...just planted it this year, Kind shocked that it even bloomed!

Thumbnail by trinawitch

and of course a rose from my rose tree..

Thumbnail by trinawitch

Just one of my glads...I should have gotten pictures of them earlier in the summer when they had tons of blooms!

Thumbnail by trinawitch

And here's the other one that is still blooming

Thumbnail by trinawitch
Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Whew now I found Ya.

Hello Rie, ( I'm gonna get me a notebook for names, lol).
I have 3 boys 35,27,23 and two grandsons 10 and 3. Married after 17 years of living together. why hurry?
Job went to Mexico so I retired. I made refrigerators for 30 yrs. Now PT I help people in their homes.
Love the beach, play in the dirt and meet new friends.

Yeah its JJ! so what are you up to lady?

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh my name is Pam and I play with peoples heads when they meet my DH and me because I kept my maiden name instead of taking his.( Wasn't paying government to change name on everything, did that 1st time around, then again after big D)

Trina I have some Iris that was givin to me 2 yrs ago that never bloom. Even moved em still no blooms. My glads always die lovethem even bought the ones that are suppose to be hardy. Died or the squirells got em.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

hi everyone.

before i go start weeding for the winter just dropping in. i love the beach too. i wish i lived closer to it but i dont.

my garden is not blooming like i want ti to this year. seems i have very little buds. or blooms. hopefully next season.

Thumbnail by imzadi

my glads wouldn't come back either in my clay soil but.... lets just say valvoline does wonders in your garden!

Thumbnail by trinawitch
Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Not much trina gonna mow, try to clean pool, make salsa( cause I can't eat tomatoes fast enough)
note to self do not plant 8 plants when only you and 3 folks over 80 are eating them.

Maybe if get it all done can ride down to your place one day if ya have anything left.

Beautiful rose Rie, I love roses!

Here's another pic of my garden

Thumbnail by trinawitch
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

thats a carpet rose found them last year. love them

Still have LOTS left JJ...would be happy if you came and took some off my hands..

Tomatoes?....I didn't get to plant any this year....HIs royal highness doesn't like them so he squashes them

and here he is

Thumbnail by trinawitch
Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Wish I was closer to beach too! Have to jump a plane to drive 22 hrs.
Found a place on beach I wanted while on vacation. Big problem, there were to many 0's after the 2.
Didn't know anything could cost that much and it wasn't 200,000. ( which would have been to much)

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

This was my batik bearded iris before it got borers. gave me the heebies and jeebies digging them up. cleaned 'em out and put them in a pot for now.

Thumbnail by smileymom343

ROFL JJ! yeah when hubby told me how much he paid for this place I about fell out of my chair!

I own 33 acres and didn't paid maybe a sixth of what he paid for this place!

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

My DH doesn't like them so I don't can them anymore. He will eat nothing but slasa and a little ketchup that has tomatoes in it and don't let a pickle or cucumber touch anything.

Will bring ya some I am gonna try to make it. Will dmail ya first.

I love irises...they are actually my favs...well if I was forced to pick just one anyway....well maybe....I couldn't pick just one who am I kidding

ok JJ.....when you do I'll send ya my cell number just in case

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.