ROSEMARY,BASIL AND FOOTLESS MAKES THREE

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Good Morning Gypsies, Rebels and Friends. Over 500 posts, no need to dread, we'll put that thread in the garden bed.Many more pictures and stories to tell, so join us friends, we wish you well.

Aww, come on, it rhymes....sorta. Grin

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

I had help with the weeding yesterday. Bob came to keep the butterflies at bay.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

In this rhyming thing my brain is stuck, it has to stop it's beginning to....bug me. GRIN

and speaking of bugs, I counted 14 of these bug zappers while weeding.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Good morning Lynnie, Smiley and Trina. Hope you have a lovely day.

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

Moon is a poet
Yes, it is true!
On the DG website this may be something new.

But deep in her heart
It's always been there...

Let's hope those poems aren't something that's rare!

(( what do you want for on the fly?))

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Morning Moon, Smiley, Trina ( I know your'e somewhere around)

Trina you think its an aster? I guess we'll see what happens when it blooms.
Didn't pull it cause Dave wanted to see blooms, but I usually pull if I don't know what it is.
Since that approach got my hibiscus yanked I have slowed down.

Hi Smiley. Very nice for flying...grin The other thread was getting too bulky for dial-up, and who would have thought over 500 posts in less than 48 hours....the wires were smokin'....grin Hope you have a great Friday....and an even better 3 day weekend.

Good morning JJs. How is DH's arm today? on the mend I hope.

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

yes i'm here trying to figure out what that stupid plant is

I guess moon read my poem this morning, and got her creative juices flowing!

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Looks good this morning , he even asked for new bandage. Wonders never cease.
Have you seen cat around? Hope everything's alright. I remember she was visiting with grandkids and then on vacation for week.

I unchecked the ad thing under tools but have a simple shoe one on top here now??

I took a better picture of the plant that said it was a heuchera, but that I think is a coleus...

searched every page of both listings in DG to compare...not one single match

someone else wanna give it a whirl?

Thumbnail by trinawitch
Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

At my house probably a weed that when it blooms I will never get rid of. LOL
Getting ready to head outside with my freshly mixed industrial strength roundup and head over to the neighbors. Creeping charlie is creeping under my fence.ugh

Later have to head out to country to help a couple. Gonna ask them if I can post pic of their place to get ideas of some plants I can plant for them that don't need much tending. They have a place built like a chalet with two ponds and a nice cement patio with fountain. Probably use to be gorgeous but now overrun with weeds. I am trying to clean it up for them but time is hard to find. My DH went out there and mowed it all and took him 11 hours!!

Oh and I took this one just to share
a simple way to show I care

dag nab it we're gonna end up with a whole thread of cheesy rhymes!

Thumbnail by trinawitch

JJs, I think it has something to do with whether your browser has a pop-up ad blocker feature on it or not. I have not seen any of the ads you guys have been talking about, except for just a second a green frog snagging a cell phone and that was only once. My DHJim has no tolerance for pop-up ads so the computers are set to block them.

Guess your DH realizes how serious those things can be....or did you offer him bag balm and a faulty zipper? grin

Morning Trina. No, haven't seen your poem yet....been trying to get inside stuff done so I can get outside stuff done...busy day today.

JJs, Cat said she would be gone for the week, so don't really expect to see her before Sunday or Monday.

Pretty rose, Trina

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Don't know but its pretty.

Moon, DH said "what about that tree" I said " Moon said leave it alone!"
He gave me a year from yesterday for it to get some leaves.

the thread for the poem is Who Am I....its cheesy but if I post one everyday I might be able to unload some plants hehehehe...

I gotta leave here real soon to take the evil puppy to the vet

flea dipped, shots, and a microchip!

too bad all the roses will be going away soon...I'll be taking a few cuttings soon to make new starts for next year...

keep teasing hubby I'm gonna drown the back yard in flowers too so I don't have to mow!

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

No I didn't say a word. Ya know if you let them think its their idea it ok.

I have the popup blocker on, unchecked everything under tools but still have a simple shoe ad.
But then most the time after a page loads it says done, but with errors. I have a friend whosw son is coming home this weekend that works alot with puters hoping I can get him to come over and give me a tune up. My son usually does it but I don't think he knows as much as he thinks he does.

lol JJ they never do

I think Tinkerbell knows somethings up because all of a sudden she's real lovey dovey and keeps giving me sad eyes!

A year and counting...well, since it is a graft, you may get a plain old wild cherry if that is the root stock. Give it a shot of fertilizer to help it over come the shock. If it starts sprouting from below the graft, you'll have to decide if you want wild cherries or not. If you see any budding on the upper part it may just survive. Got my fingers crossed. Do post pictures of the neighbor's yard and we will try to help you come up with some ideas...is the the neighbor whose garbage your DH "stole"? LOL

Puppy is not gonna like you today Trina.....may turn into Tinkerbelle Hulk. grin

she's already the "Evil Blood-Thirsty Chupacabra" most days anyway

ya'll see her pic and think she's cute...we tried to get a pic of her evil face this morning but every time she sees the camera she gets cute!

alrighty time to go BBL

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

mine always says "done with errors", I don't know why. But I have the ads turned off, never even get a shoe. maybe our browsers have something to do with it. I think DG shows up better with Firefox, I have IE8.

Trina, your pic sure looks like coleus to me also, but I'm usually wrong with these things (( except that darned bachelor button )). grin to Moon.

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

My neighbor has the creeping charlie.

But yes the house and yard I want to spruce up belong to the "stolen garbage". It is out in the country all by itself. I know if she could see she would be furious at the way it looks. I was so mad because last year she had a company come out to trim bushes and a couple trees and weeds and all they did was spray the weeds, trim evergreen bushes and cut down a small tree probably all of 10 hrs tops and charged her almost 3 grand.

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

my entire front & back lawn is creeping charlie and it's evil cousin I-don't-know-what. at least it's green all the time.

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

I started having mine srayed in the spring and haven't had a dandelion or any creeping charlie since. But the yard next door is full of it. I only have trouble with that creepy grass that goes everywhere. Don't know what it is but nothing seems to kil it. Been digging it for years always have more.

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

too many critters & kids in our neighborhood for spraying.

Shame on them for taking advantage of a blind woman....gotta hope kharma kicks in soon. Wish I was closer so I could help you....stars and crowns to you for being so kind.

Smiley, I have that nasty little green variety of tradescantia all over my shade garden....grrr I hate it so much, that i am planning to dig up all the small plants, cover the shrubs with tarps and plastic and bombard the area with a good broadleaf herbicide, Round-up won't be of much help here cuz it really needs sun to work at its' best. Been fighting it for 8 years and everytime I think I have won, it creeps out and rears its' pretty little white flowered head.

Good day to you all, gotta get this train on the track...GSJordan is going to his Dad's for the weekend....three days of no homework, bedtimes, baths or meals on time...DHJim has promised to help get some of the garden projects done...I promised steaks on the grill...we'll see who keeps their promises....me cuz I'm heading to the store now...NYah haha
Have a lovely....Moon

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

We have kids and dogs, cats all around. Whatever this company uses doesn't seem to bother them.
They have to stay off until the spray dries after that its fine. Three out of the five houses on the block have it done and luckily we have never had a problem

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Know the feeling Moon my GS going to moms. I would have to promise more than steaks I think I'll do it myelf.LOL. I have to head out also.
Have a good one

You too JJs...catch ya later, have a sweet day.

see I leave just for a little bit and come back and everyone's gone again!

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm here Trina, same height, same sneakers, same fear of things that go bump in the dark. ^_^

LOL...I'm being a bad little witch! good thing my checkbook is already empty for the month!

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

it's easier to balance that way

very true! good thing I can't have all the plants I put on my want list though or I'd be moving to that 33 acres I own in missouri really quick...and probably would have to buy some more property too!

Anchorage, AK

What you aren't over 200 yet? I'm sooooooo disappointed in you! I love your titles moon :)

I wonder what people who don't know us think..."footless makes...whaaaa?" I kind of like that, adds to the mystery. Rebels rebels rebels. You're keeping it alive.

Well I'm gonna dunk myself in the shower and head off to see giant veggies at the state fair. I'll drag my camera along so everyone can wonder about the crazy lady taking photos of the veggies. Or maybe you'll just have to suffer some low quality cell phone photos. Hmmmm, gotta decide.

Hope everyone's having a great day! Sun is out in AK and it's a whopping 40 degrees! Gonna be a heat wave today!

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

33 acres??? Whatcha growing out there?? I'm a city girl, I'm lucky I have 33 feet!

well, maybe more...but not much!

Anchorage, AK

Geez in the time it took me to type that 4 posts appeared :) NOW we're back on track ;)
K going to the shower now. Don't want to scare the kiddies.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.