Thought for the Day!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Law of Probability -The probability of being watched
is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act you're engaged in.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

That is so true! LOL

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

And too TRUE!
Thanks Randy!
WIB,
SW

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

The Starbucks Law -
As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot
coffee, your boss will ask you to do something
which will last until the coffee is cold.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Another Starbucks "law" :
As soon as they build a Starbucks, they'll build another one on the same street, half a mile down.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

And I'll hit them both.....

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I don't drink coffee, but have noticed the same phenomenon with dinner. The hot stuff is cold and the cold stuff is warm, and I don't even have a boss! (kids, critters, and chores!)
Now I do have a thing for good cup of hot choc during the winter months. Usually, I am left in peace to drink it. : - )
You'd really stop at both of them wcgypsy? People are pretty picky about their coffee, so I can see it. As long as you pace yourself, enjoy! LOL!
WIB!
SW

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

These area great!!
Here is a thought for you all, Who tastes dog food when it has a 'new & improved' flavour?

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

ROFL, Marie! I love that one!

Thanks for starting this thread, Randy.

BTW, Seattle's Best beats Starbucks IMHO. When I flew to OR recently, they served SBest on the plane, but I could only get Starbucks in the terminal - no comparison!!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

My Uncles and kids used to nibble on kibbles, Marie. Yuck! : - )
See what I mean about you coffee drinkers? LOL!
WIB!
SW

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Speaking of dog food--I was reading an article in an industry magazine about someone who had done a blind taste test where people weren't able to pick out which one was canned dog food when it was sampled with some different brands of pate or some similar human food. I'm not sure how much they had to pay people to be in that study! LOL

I have to say though--every once in a while I go to the dog bakery to treat my dog to something, and the doggie carrot cakes and other desserts look and smell pretty good--I've been half tempted a few times to take a bite and see what they taste like but haven't done it yet!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I actually prefer Peet's coffee for making coffee at home. I don't really like Starbuck's, it's bitter. I was, however, strongly hooked on mocha frappuccinos for a good couple of years, then I tried micky D's iced coffee, which was awful, but prompted me to make iced coffee at home and now that's my mainstay. The downside is I no longer have anywhere to stop when on the road and I crave my iced cofee every day, so I'm seeing having to take cold coffee, ice cubes and cream in a cooler with me when I'm gone for more than a couple of hours...lol...we're at the beach and I'm getting cranky 'cause I want my iced coffee....

I had a double espresso on ice today while I was out shopping - it keeps me from getting drowsy on the way home! (Of course, I had to have a pumpkin-zucchini muffin with it, LOL.) At home I drink 1/2 decaf, so espresso was a real jolt!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Even the thought gives me the j-j-j-j-j-itters...lol...I only drink decaf. Oh, but the pumpkin muffin sounds good...Fall is coming and I desperately want to bake. The oven had gone out in my stove months ago and every time we went to look at stoves, I didn't see anything I wanted and I'd get annoyed and leave telling myself that I just wouldn't have an oven, period....but...last Friday we found one and brought it home...so new to the store that they didn't have the propane conversion kits, so I'm still waiting...Jer of course whipped out the old stove and brought the new one in, so now I have no stove at all....that's okay, it's given him the impetus to finish the kitchen cabinets and counter tops. Because I'm broke (there's hismoney and then there's my money..mine goes for plants and nursery supplies and his goes for everything else that I don't want to spend money on..lol..) and it was his money that bought the new stove so he got to choose the stainless / black stove that he liked which has made him want to finish the cabinetry. I really want to make pumpkin bread....I don't care what color the stove is...

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Friday's Thought for the Day:
A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is mine:
One of the life's mysteries is how a two pound box of candy can make a person gain five pounds.

Oh, I love this thread. :-)

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Copy that, KC!
Only today we got two!
Keep 'em coming, Randy! Loved yesterday's, and I'm surprised that all the chocolate lovers haven't chimed in, Marie. Probably gone camping.
I think I live on chocolate and classic coke, the two big C's in my life. LOL!
wcgypsy, I don't care what color the appliances are either, as long as they work, and don't turn themselves on. I actually unplugged our stove top with the electronic ignition a few years ago because it kept turning on all by itself. Which is why I taught my boys to play with matches! LOL!
WIB!
SW

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Do you ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 a piece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards.
This one made me :o)

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Love it...do you suppose that's the true origin of the name Evian....? Could be...

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Not sure but it sure does make me snicker when ever I see that water I had to shop for a client one time and they bought water that was 12.00 for a six pack!!

This message was edited Sep 5, 2009 12:29 PM

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I forget where we were (may have been a gas station on the road somewhere), in the car and I looked over and noticed from their signs in the window that beer seemed to be cheaper than the water....

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Sherry, that's the way it should be. It should be painful to be that stupid.

Before my "Thought" today, I want to share a little something that most people don't realize.

Tap water is governed by the E.P.A. and the Clean Water Act. Both of these have onerous regulations and strict guidelines that ensure our water is pure to a fault.

Bottled water, on the other hand, is governed by the F.D.A. which allows a certain amount of rat turds and insect remains to go into our food.

Clear choice to me!!!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Thought for the day: Saturday--

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Oh, we're on a roll! I'm not so worried about the quality of our water - it just tastes like c**p to me! We filter for drinking.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will like it.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Re: water and it's drinking "quality": You can have perfectly clean water initially, but once it starts traveling through old pipes that have a lot of sediment in them it's immediately "tainted"...so basically, it's only as good as the pipes it's flowing through. Every place I've ever lived has had galvaized plumbing, so I shudder to think what I've consumed over the years !

VERY good thread Randy !!! LOL

Here's another one:

"Where there's a Will,...there's a relative".

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Or, like us, you have to sue your water company because you have huge amounts of 'valve sealant' that's clogged your pipes, your refrigerator, your washer,water heater, ouside water lines....we now have a wholehouse filter before our water comes into the house and then reverse osmosis in the house.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

By now I should be a major shareholder in CLR !!!
(Calcium Lime and Rust remover )

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

I own too should be a major owner in CLR. Maybe we should let them know that they owe us for keeping them in business.

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Just an observation or two.
Marie you made me smile with the Evian spelled backwards! Ya Think!
Valid points were made concerning city water. Trust me, city water is much better than well water.
Ours are mineralized (I empathize with the CLR remarks!), and worse yet on more than one occasion we've had to go fish out dead critters who'd fallen in the well. What finally sent me ballistic and buying "tap water" was when I started getting leaves in my ice. That and I couldn't make my kids drink water things had died in.
We are now on city water for our house and use the wells to irrigate with. Even still, as it was pointed out, the water is only as good as the pipes it's flowing through. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.
I do use the water from the tap to cook in. I drink bottled water.
Keep thinking about getting a filter because everything deteriorates over time.

Randy, the corollary to your thought for the day is:

It is better to be thought a fool, that to open your mouth, and remove all doubt.

I just couldn't resist! : - )
Good one Jasperdale and sadly all too true in most cases.
Another good one Marie!
I love this thread!
Sweet Dreams all!
WIB,
SW

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Heres one of my favorite quotes....."Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans." Heard it on the radio many years ago. Stuck with me cause it's been soooo true in my life. Found out recently it's a quote from a John Lennon song he wrote for his son. Can't remember the name of the song though.
Sylvia

Fresno, CA(Zone 10b)

This is a great thread....One Day You're the Windshield, Next Day, the Bug.....

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"...Lennon, from 'Beautiful Boy' for his son, Sean.
edited to add....thanks for mentioning this...lol.... I may as well pull the cd out and listen to the entire thing since this will be running through my head all day. That's okay though, it will temporarily replace "would you like to swing on a star, carry moonbeams home in a jar....." This has been the background track in my mind for years now and it drives me nuts, I hum it constantly and anything that takes its place for awhile is quite welcome.

This message was edited Sep 6, 2009 8:07 AM

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

wcgypsy................Boy do I hear you, some ridiculous songs have been very annoying in my brain while at work lately.................Such as " trailors for sale or rent, rooms to let fifty cents" and others I would really like to forget. I've been trying to replace it with something a little more uplifting. Cannot imagine the torture of "swing on a star" for YEARS!
Hope your brain "finds a new song"
God Bless,
Sylvia

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Let's hope so...lol...

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Sherry: What you have is a recurring case of "Involuntary Music Imagery". Someone actually gave it a name, but sadly, there is no cure.

I think your case is terminal.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

For almost two months last year I had Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots are Made for Walking" stuck in my head. I'd have traded that for "swing on a star" in a heartbeat. LOL.

I'm glad someone finally gave that syndrome a name, now I know what to call it.

Sunday Belated Thought for the Day:
Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life.

This message was edited Sep 7, 2009 11:08 AM

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Happy Labor Day!!!!
Thought for the Day:

Are you a vegetarian because you love animals or because you hate plants???

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Aw, jeez, JD...I looked that up, you're right....EARWORMS! We were up in your neck of the woods again yesterday...on your street even, but we'd already cruised all of the blocks more than three times, so figured we'd better head out before the law was called down on us.....lol...no parrots...you hiding those birds?!
edited to add that I guess it's good to know there's a name for it. I thought I was just stuck in the...stuck in the...stuck in the...loop.

This message was edited Sep 7, 2009 12:00 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.