Dany's garden # 5

szarvas, Hungary

We are coming from there.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1026320/

First Frost - large blooms.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Star of India - a value sure.Today I counted more than 45 large flowers on 3 plants .
Real BLUE effect.
I luv.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

An other pic.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

I wanted to create a cultivar with dark pink flowers, white margin and a blizzard effect . No need to create, I have.
Here it just be patient and everything happens.
And it's not Kohkan Blizzard from Becky.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

A new from today.
Furukin - Middle Blue

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

An other new in container.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

other bloom.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Here is a flower which dazzled everyone in exhibition of Kyoto (July 2009). He has called firefly lighting.
Note the combination of dots and white bars.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

How to recreate with what I have?
Maybe this one for the back ground.
From Karen (Gardener2005 )

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Or this one.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

To cross with this one.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Conte Dracula.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

PURPLE Suede WHITE PICOTEE .

Thumbnail by dany12

stunning blooms again Dany...

(Zone 7a)

Uh-Oh, Dany - Just when this one knocks me over - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=6993179 - I see this: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6993346 .

Maybe you should rename it Tropical Storm Dany? lol

I agree with Colin, your flowers do give new meaning to the word, stunning.

karen

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Dany,

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6993187
I hope this one is the progressive type of blizzard so it will start out with almost solid to light blizzard and increase the streaks and markings as the vine matures. It looks like the large flower mix. It could also have inherited the weak blizzard which can act with another blizzard gene to give a interesting affect though their offspring will vary. Karen

This one is stunning with the de colored crest showing and the wavy margins. All beautiful.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6993191

szarvas, Hungary

Thanks everyone.
Karen, I paid dearly for imposing my name for the first typhoon of the season LOL

Thank you, Karen for giving me the profile of this flower.Me, I took the first steps, what they show is what they are and they transmit.
There will be surprises but will remain in blue tone.
Karen we are waiting for a little thread on the results of your cross F. ..? between Ukigumo and Youjiro. You do not have some pictures to show us?

Comparison of blue

Thumbnail by dany12

Yes, I have oodles of pictures. Thousands enough to blow up my computer so I have a lot of them on disc to protect them and keep room on my computer.I can sift through and find some to carry on what happened next in the years after I made the first cross.

Right now I`m busy trying to keep my garden area clean,weeded and also I groom the plants,train them to climb where I want them and pick off the aphids and bad bugs every morning. Then there is seeds that have to be harvested each week or they fall off and get lost so I must pick the seeds on a schedule to avoid losses.

I do have pictures saved that would carry on that old thread. I`m inspired and if I get a free weekend I should go back there and share progress on what has become of those.

Karen

Dany, this one is quite nice, the image could be mistaken for a water colour painting. Is the flower large? How many cms diameter is it?

Joseph

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Dany - Lots more beautiful blooms! All are truly unique and beautiful! Love that "First Frost" cultivar!
This one would be good to use for crosses: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6993173

szarvas, Hungary

Comparison pic:
Japanese Violet
Then some Blue Bird Variants:
Clear Blue, Bleu Bird, Pink, Scarlett O'Hara ( from Japan ), Morning Storm, Black, Totaly Blue, Grand'Pa ( Purpurea ), Crimson Rambler ( Purpurea ), Brown, Sydney ( Purpurea ), Grey, Black with white marge, Dark Blue Bird, other Scarlett O'Hara, Grey Haze, Grey Mist.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Today, first bloom of Ipomoea Indica " Edith Piaf " - clear blue flower.( like your Emma ! )
I could not make the crossing Blue Indica X Edith Piaf because the first did not bloom.
Just wanted to produce some seeds.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

A beautiful large flower from Karen (gardener2005 )- Thanks Karen.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

This one is from Joseph , but it shows spots wider than usual. I put a tag because for me it looks like a Winter Galaxy (Q 0240) .

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

This flower is very photogenic.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

The last photo is Fuji Hot Pink Frost from Emma .

And now a cultivar that I have never seen and I've checked several times thinking that I had dreamed.

When Miss Nil will imitate Miss Purpurea.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

I checked several times there was no purpurea in nearby and there never was.
The next flower confirm.
In fact I received a Mix seeds from Japan (Yahoo.jp) and here is the pic accompanying the sale.
The first one.

Thumbnail by dany12
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Dany - This one: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6997003 is whacky looking! I love it! Those large "spots or splots" are really cool! So many of your blooms/vines are truly unusual this year! I am so enjoying your threads and all the fabulous blooms!

The blocked leaf vine (seed from you) produced it's first bloom. It was solid white. Is that typical to get a solid color for the early blooms of this cultivar? I am hoping for block color blooms soon! :-)

szarvas, Hungary

Thanks, Becky - and the leaf still have 2 colours?

Here in general, container plants give some flowers at the stage 4 to 5 leaves.Then " vining " period without flower and two weeks later gives flowers regularly.
I have a drizzling Songdo plant who produces only blue flower with yellow foliage.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Today big surprise in the corner of Karen (gardener2005) a beautiful cultivar never sold,
I suppose ,I received seeds that I could not get .
Beautiful large flower and fertil , a really first class MG.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

An other beauty of Karen.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Today morning I took no less than 255 photos.
They are blooming like crazy ,here the left side.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

right side.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

Behind .

Thumbnail by dany12

OMG. I love fuschia throat on that one. :)

You have tons of blooms! That looks wild!!!

I have found the devided color leaf i nils with the pie slice color blooms to be a challenge to propogate from seeds. It seems the colors of devided leaf with go back into solid leaf. I have got 1/3 solid dark green,1/3 devided dark green/light green and 1/3 solid light green. And All my flowers went solid purple. I`m wondering if there is a certain cross needed to keep the divided shibori color on the blooms? I haven`t got it figured out yet. I`m just going to cull out the solid leaves and gather from the devided leaf and try again.

Karen

This message was edited Aug 29, 2009 8:45 AM

szarvas, Hungary

For this cultivar, each flower with lots of white will receive a tag.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

A flower differs from usual Fuji Hot Pink Frost.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

I do not know that Fuji no Beni could be so large, here with Grand'Pa Ott

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

A new for today.

Thumbnail by dany12

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.