Is There Ever Too Much of Luping's Basil?

(Zone 5b)

Morning all!
Those were some pretty flowers you guys posted on the last basil thread...I wanted to put up some pics but the weeds out there are just crazy. Humidity won't quit, no rain...
we have outdoor parties all weekend so I assume that's when the rain will come.
Kassy did you ever say what that plant was?
I have a good 13, 14 hour day today...frankly I'm not 20 anymore, I better pack up some power bars. Rachel I do 30 minutes of cardio whether I need it or not *grin*... I don't like it.
Jim I'm glad your back is feeling better, keep up the good work.
Moonrock, Lavarock, how's things? :)

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Rocking right along....guess you could say things are Rock Steady......grin...got a theme song for you Lynnie....

"She's Rock Steady, check it and see, even tho the temp is 103,she's ROCK STEADY, ROCK STEADY.......

Oh and after that 14 hour day....it is Friday night, Lambic time, don't forget to stop and shop on the way home.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

LOL, would you too make up your minds as to where we are going???.............LOL

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

This plant Lynn?

Oh and don't call them weeds. Not when my BF is around anyway! He says anything that blossoms is a flower :p

Thumbnail by kassy_51
Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

I think this bee is saying yummmmmmmmmmmmm

Thumbnail by kassy_51
Keaau, HI

If flowering plants can't be weeds, that only leaves ferns, mosses, liverworts, and algae.

I'll vote for algae to be weeds! The stuff can be pretty slimy.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh boy Dave, you and my BF would really get along. I'm with you on the algae!
Too bad his truck is still not fixed.
The 2 people that work on his truck, well one had a stroke, and the other broke his ankle. :(

Sorry Kassy. My Bad. I didn't see Lynn's post on the slug thread and thought maybe she hadn't gotten a chance to log-on. A mind is a terrible thing to waste and I think I spilled some of mine....must be what that little stain on the carpet is....grin

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

LOL moon

You mean that slug thead is still going?........Hmmmmmmmmmm

Just shy of 1000 posts.....I know....tic toctic toc.....sounds like the crocodile in Peter Pan. It will be interesting to see what transpires....

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

It sure will be.

Did you happen to look at the blossom of the day moon?

OK gotta get the car packed and head out

Keaau, HI

Will the slugs magically disappear?

Only in your dreams Dave. grin

Not yet Kassy.....going to look now.

Aw, Kassy, they used your Mama's lilies. Too cool. Know that made your day. Hey, two weeks in a row, first the Poppy, now the lilies....you just go girl....grin, but be care when you do...grin.

Delhi, LA

Guess I'm not with it but where is the bloom of the day located?

Kassy drive carefully. Lot of nuts out there or is Louisiana the only place with nutty drivers.

We have our share for sure Jim. On the home page if you scroll down toward the bottom of the page there is the voting booth, birthday list, new subscriber list and a group of random pictures of plants and critters.

(Zone 5b)

hi all just got in a little while ago, long day! Could use a Lambic! Moon what song is that? All i can think of is Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

(Zone 5b)

Also, RAIN! FINALLY!

Yes ma'am, that would be the song....I did paraphrase it a bit however. I know you are glad this week is over. Ican will be back fulltime Tuesday, so she can tell us about salmon fishing.

Good deal. I told you it was coming...grin.

Hey Dave, guess what I got today? A whole pot full of Alpinia Nutans....Cardamon ginger. Yeah, now I can make chai. The leaves are fantastic and smell wonderful. Are there any other scented gingers, that you know of?

(Zone 5b)

oh lol took me a few minutes to get the tune to the words when i read it....

Just another one of the little trivia games we play...I can change that tune in 5 minutes.....We have invented a number of games over the years to entertain the kids on trips.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Thank you Moon ^_^
Both plants were my mom's, but both pictures where ones I took..... I just wish I could have gotten that easter lily before it froze out :(

Jim, I was one of the nuts out on that road today........LOL
I was taking pictures on my way up ^_^. Glad a cop didn't see me. I'll have to download the pictures tomorrow. BF will be kicking me off here before long :(

And Dave, all 4 of the plants are safe ;-)
I checked on them after I unloaded the car and then tried to get a few pictures of my flowers, but it was pretty windy when I got here, so not sure how many of them turned out.

Jim, Your a lucky man to have your Rose! Very special lady you married;-)

Now where is Girla.

Girla come on over too;-)

Rachel

Rachel, my wife's only complaint is, "Tell the women to quit getting makeup on your coat. Cleaning is expensive." Lord, is that woman jealous or what.

Delhi, LA

I'm thinkin about keeping her. Need any pear preserves. Lordy, bought 4 cases of pint jars today and 1 case of 1/2 pints. Still got 4 gal. of muscadines in the frig. I hope the kids like this stuff cause there is no way the two of us could use that much jelly and preserves. If it makes her happy, I'll buy the jars. Maybe we could have a rummage sale and sell that stuff. I talked to owner of our local "Freds" and he said he couldn't keep jars. Sold more than he ever has. I guess people are afraid of this economy and are preserving this year.

Keaau, HI

Hey Jean, don't use your Alpinia to make tea! It might smell good, but it ain't Cardamom! Too much of that plant could mess up your stomach.

True Cardamom is Elettaria cardamomum. The seeds are used for the spice.

Thanks for caring for those plants Kassy! I'll keep trying to locate experts who might be able to help ID the plant.

Jim, to avoid getting make-up on your coat, don't wear a coat!

Rachel, has your family always been in the Virginia area? My family (Dad's side) first showed up in Virginia in 1685 (Philip Paul) to avoid persecution from King James II in England. Philip Paul moved to New Jersey within the same year. His brother, John Paul, settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
On my Mom's side, my family originated as farmers in the hills of Pennsylvania (Juniata). They are of German and Irish decent. They showed up in the early 1800's.

It's been a rough day; I ripped a muscle in my right shoulder doing construction. Luckily, I'm left handed.

Keaau, HI

Hard to sleep on a sore shoulder.

I sneaked up on this Coleus plant in the dark, shined a flashlight on it and snapped a photo.
It doesn't look like this in the daytime!

Do you ever wonder what your plants are doing at night?

Thumbnail by Metrosideros
(Zone 5b)

coll pic, Dave,I was up at 4 AM also lol
hope your shoulder feels better!

I figure they do the same thing people do Dave, let down their hair and be themselves...grin. I did more reading on A nutans....rats. But it smells great, so it is a keeper..grin

Hope the shoulder heals quickly...doing the ice on/off routine? A little capsicum and selfheal might help.And you should do a chamomile and willow bark tea to ease the pain.

Good morning Lynnie,

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

OK Dave, what in the he** did you do to your shoulder? I missed that somewhere. We jump around so much, who knows where I missed it at!
Pretty Coleus plant Dave. Mom loved them. One of her flowerbeds by the house was always filled with them.

Morning Moon.
Morning Lynn.
Morning Rachel
Morning Jim.

Oh and Dave, you may have just come up with a title for a new thead............
What are your plants are doing at night? LOL

Good Morning Kassy. I think you may have a new idea....Luping's basil: what are your plants doing while you sleep?

That is the challenge of being a gypsy rock band rebel, you are never really sure where you are...grin

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

OMG moon, you mean I have to hunt for you all over?

OMG = oh my god............for those of you that didn't spent alot of time in chat ^_^

No, Kassy, we tend to broadcast our whereabouts rather loudly...and frequently, grin

OMG....writing that down in the chat dictionary....grin

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Thank, would hate to have to spend half the day looking for all of you.

Sholder pain? I know that all to well! Had tendonitis in both of my shoulders at one time. Now try to sleep when you have it in both of them, not easy.

Going to download the pictures I took yesterday.............brb
OOPs, another one for you to write down.........LOL

brb = be right back

and the entries just keep on coming...grin I have SYL and BFF, ROTFL and our very own STMWCFMN....

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

??

spraying the monitor with coffee from my nose.....

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

LOL, you had me wondering on that one.
I never saw that one in chat!

The trip up here

Thumbnail by kassy_51
(Zone 5b)

hi all....gotta a party to go to! It's outside, I'm gonna melt.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.