Anyone with Carpal Tunnel or aching joints?

South Hamilton, MA

parjar-wait 10 yrs. she says sometimes feeling every yr. when weeding irises.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I know you are right, Lucy. I am not looking forward to the pain. I can still work in the garden without much pain and hope to keep doing so for a good long time. I guess I will have to really work on diet and exercise in order to make that happen. Maybe I will get to water aerobics today.

Cherryvale, KS

Happy Saturday BIF's!!! Apparently we are falling to pieces. Very sad! I need to eat more vegetable and fruit, But my husband would either leave or have me committed if I even said vegan! I think, I like meat way to much for that! The only way I could be a vegan, if I had to kill and dress my own meat. I don't eat much dairy, but eat enough Tums to have the best bone density in my old office. pic Bel Espirit

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Bel Espirit is such a beauty. Yes, we are falling apart -- most of us that is. But I still find that if I want to feel really good all I have to do is go out and do some digging in the garden. It is such an upper that I don't even notice the pains. Yes, Nicki, eating lots of fruits and vegetables is the thing to do. You don't have to be vegan to do that. I only went vegan because most of the calories are in meat and dairy. I lost some weight but it didn't lower my cholesterol even though that was my chief reason for leaving the meat out. But oddly enough, I ended up enjoying the vegan diet. Don't worry, I do cheat from time to time, but generally only if we are in a restaurant that doesn't serve vegan food.
I have learned lots and lots of new recipes and they are surprisingly good. Giving up salt has been tough. I sneak a little dash of it into some dishes that really need it like beans. Just a tiny bit. I don't miss it as much now as I used to, though.

Raleigh, NC

does giving up dairy mean cheese too?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yep.

Raleigh, NC

well, then, can't do it. I snack on cheese all the time! but will start adding in more veggies and greens.

do green maraschino cherries count as a green veggie? ^_^

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Adding more veggies is good. Certainly an improvement. Green marachino cherries are about as much as a non-food as you can get without eating nails. Probably they do provide some fiber, but I can't imagine that they provide much else.

See nutrition of marachino cherries below -- especially the part that says the good and the bad:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/7339/2

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Wow, that's a neat site. Thankfully I'm not hooked on maraschino cherries, in fact can't remember the last time I had one. I very seldom crave sweets, which is good as I'm a type II Diabetic, which I have under control. I do love fresh ripe fruit though. But haven't seen much of that lately on store shelves! A neighbor brought over some melons from Texas. The cantaloupes were tasteless, but the Honeydews were editable. I'm not crazy about them as they are usually much too sweet for my taste. Our Green beans are just about finished for the year, so am waiting impatiently for the squash to mature. Oh my gosh, Butternut doesn't have any dietary fiber? That's hard to believe! But at least it's got plenty of Vit A! And here I thought squash was good for me.

South Hamilton, MA

I think the weight loss is more important to how one feels, rather than the particular foods. I'm type 2 as well and have come down about 10 pounds but the needle is stuck.

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

I know how that goes!

Spicer, MN

Awesome! I have learned so much from this single thread I started. You all have a story to share that has been productive and educational. Since joining a few weeks ago, I'm glad to be a part of DG and look forward to many more exchanges.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Glad you are enjoying it! We all do too, obviously. It becomes a regular circle of friends with information on many subjects.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.