Gloriosa

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

This is a new plant for me and it just opened her first bloom, very unusual, it has twinning vines that comes from the end of the leaves,it is a very glossy green, if anyone has any information on this plant please let me know.

Doris

Thumbnail by kareoke
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Keep the tubers in a pot and let them grow. When the vines die back, cut them off, stick the pot in a cool, dark corner and don't water them again until Feb. or March. Then, put them in light and warmth, where they will sprout and begin the cycle all over again.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Thank you for that info,I think it is a beautiful bloom, I have two more tub ers I have not planted yet, think I will put them in pots also.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

http://davesgarden.com/tools/blog/index.php?tabid=1788
If this link works, there's alot of info if you scroll down to the entries with commentary.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

it says Access denied.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Same here... Jmorth is that your journal? If so, switch it to external view and then link it. Good info there.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

podster, what do you mean 'external view'?

Jmorth ~ Was that link to your DG journal? When you open up your journal and open the category you want to link, you will notice a menu below the initial comments where you can add entries, delete, etc. You will see near the bottom of the menu "external view". Click on that and it will change the view to public view. That protects your own entries from being tampered with. When you open the external view, link that page and post it here. That will work for you.
Holler if you have a question... pod

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

I'm really lost here podster...the attempted link is actually to my garden blog (I think it used to be diary) and nowhere can I see an 'external view'. Any help is certainly appreciated.

I'm sorry, I was thinking it was in your journal. That is a journal message I have seen when I try to link to mine without changing the setting.

But I don't know why yoru blog was blocking us. I just went to your blog and this should link it... http://davesgarden.com/community/blogs/t/jmorth/1788/

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I was just able to get the page up with that URL, Thank you, lots of info there, I sure wish I could plant in the garden for all year but I must be content with pots, they are such a beautiful flower,

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks podster.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.