Dactura

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Does anyone here in the Middle Atlantic have any dactura seeds to share with me this fall???? I have the big white one and a small lavender...Don't know the names......Would like some yellow, purple swirl, purple and doubles or anything other than what I have......I will pay the postage.......thanks

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I have plenty--bluepoppy. Triple purple/white Datura Metel and double yellow ones.

I have, probably, populated the Mid Atlantic by now with this plant.....:o)

Are you in the address exchange? If not--shoot me a D-mail and we can yak there.....
I am NOT looking for anything in exchange--just postage paid....

Gita

Here's the purple.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

And--here is the yellow.....

You would normally plant these from seed sometime in early Spring in the house. You will also need some kind of a light set-up. These take a while to germinate--3-4 weeks...

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

My yellow Datura seeds took weeks like Gita said, but every single one came up. Be sure to start early! The scent is soooo nice.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, Will have to get a few pics of the ones I planted at Mom's House. They are the purple and just beautiful. One of her friends called me and wanted to know what it was and how to get seeds. I expect to have some this fall from her plants. Not only are the blooms spectacular but the plant is very striking. Tall with thick purple stems and purple leaf veins. A real keeper. I grew the yellow last year and they were so pretty too.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Holly--remember I have plenty of seeds! Just let me know.

Will be skipping this year, for sure, on seed production. My Daturas--same as all my seedlings-- just never got off to a good start. By now--the Daturas are only 10"-12" tall. Only one of them has produced a bloom. I expect to see more blooms--but there is not enough time left in this season for seed formation and maturing.....Bummer year all around for me--seed growing that is. Remember my crippled tomato seedlings? Threw them all out.

Will definitely try a different seed-starting mix next year. Used "Jiffy Mix" this year. That HAD to be the only difference! All else was same as last year--when everything thrived. Never again!

G.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.