Refuge for the travelers, Jim Kassy Lynnie Metro Ican Rachel

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Okay folks, let's see what kind of fun we can have here.

Also want to welcome our very own Silent Majority....and those who chose to speak up also.

Hello everybody, hello

This message was edited Aug 15, 2009 10:31 PM

Keaau, HI

It good to be home, but I see that we have no photo capability here.

Maybe that is why this one was suggested....grin

Keaau, HI

Aw heck! And to think that I got my hair cut just for the occasion.

Maybe we need to keep looking. I somehow don't think it will have the flavor we desire with out pictures. Even though we paint wonderfully with words....grin

Like the new 'do Dave grin

Keaau, HI

Gotta have photos! How else are we going to see what happens when that beast that Rachel has takes over the neighborhood?

(Zone 5b)

too fuuny! maybe that's why they're called discussion forums.
Is that really Rachel's ocelot? yikes.

You know guys, I really think that might be one of the exotic breeds of domestic cats, Take a look at the link in the thread with the picture. We have to have pictures where ever we land....there we go being gypsies again......cuz while I am typing this I am trying to remember if her picture was in SLUGS or LUPING's.....you already know how turned around I can get.....let me go take another look......here kitty,kitty,kitty....

Painting word pictures is not going to be easy....grin

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Nice title moon.....................LOL

Good morning Kassy. I wanted to make absolutely sure everybody found us...GRIN I really don't think we can do this without pictures.....how are we going to keep our chocolate plant man busy? I mean, after all, he did get a haircut just for the move....grin

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

I'm waiting to find him at my BF's forty when we make it out there..................LOL

I don't know, I have been looking at some of the other forums, and I'm still thinking.

I thought about computer crafts there for a little while, after all, he is pretty crafty ;-)

I gotta think on it some more. But I'm back to work again, so I won't be thinking about it a lot for now. Where is Ican when you need her?

If you end up finding a place, just let me know. I'm not off again until wednesday......yup, rough isn't it?

(Zone 5b)

I'm driving home right now, almost there...yay!

Yeah Lynnie, back to high speed. When do you go back to work?

(Zone 5b)

not till Wed..yay!
I was so happy to see my plants look ok, the only thing that suffered were the pots, and time's almost up for them anyway.
Guess where we went on the way home Ruggles Mine....guess what I filled the car with....rocks :)

Too cool, Lynnie....I would have been surprised if you brought home any momento other than rocks....my mom went to see Rock City...and tried to bring it home with her...lol

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Found ya, morning

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

GOTTA HAVE PHOTOS!!!

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

Lynnie you should not be driving and chatting at same time. It's right up there with kassy's driving and taking pic of corn fields.

I have to get busy, lots to do. Anyone that wants to come mow or pull weeds is very welcome :)

Later all. Have a great day!

(Zone 5b)

I was the passenger JJ! lol hubby rigged laptop so I could entertain myself.

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

OK all is forgiven

I stopped for a drink better get back at it. Hope this is the last time I have to mow this year. Where is that good old summer weather that burns the grass up!!!!

(Zone 5b)

it's here, been in the 80's all week I think, 50's at night

Woodhull, IL(Zone 5a)

I don't know whats going on here. My flowering almond bush is starting to bloom again.
I don't think that is suppose to happen.

(Zone 5b)

haha plants are confused...my husband just spent all day sealing the driveway and there's a big dark cloud over us now

Anchorage, AK

Oooo, maybe we can have a thread on one forum (flippn heck if I know which one) and refer to it here. "Sorry but you'll have to go to timbuk2 thread to see photo of cool footless chicken butt...with shades..."

(Zone 5b)

thread confusion, I suffer too Icanrock :)

Anchorage, AK

:)

Hi all. I can't believe I never found this thread!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Holiday.

You too Rachel...

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome "Travelers"!
Yes you can post pictures, but not on the main thread title.
~Jaye

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Hey, thank's much heavenscape.

Rachel

Thumbnail by

Hi Jaye, thanks for the info. This thread was actually started in a different forum, Welcome Home forum. There, no photo capability is provided. We are a "photo-phile" group and that was a concern for us.

Lovely hedychium. Do you grow other gingers as well?

Moon

Awww Rachel, that is just too pretty. I love the veining.

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

Hello everyone. Did I find the group?

Thank you Jean and hello smileymom.

It's a cool/dreary day here today.

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

overcast, but nice in The City of Good Neighbors.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Rachel that is soooo pretty.

Moon, I was pretty surprised that hedychiums could be grown here!
Look at these Augustus Peach. As tall as the house.
When I moved from Breaux Bridge, Louisiana 7 years ago.. I transplanted them here.
These took 3 years for the first bloom just like the rest of the hedys, except for the white ones.
Our house is known as the "Ginger House" in the neighbourhood... wonder why...

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Rachel, it is like that here also.

I don't mind because I need to go out and spray for whiteflies. I had to pull up all my marigolds damaged by powdery mildew. I think I will need to spray the soil because I can see it there also. If you have some fantastic remedies for either, I would really appreciate you sharing them.

Boy Jaye, that must have been a bit of culture shock. How are you holding up without Community/CDM/Morning Treat? LOL

The hedychiums do fairly well if they get root protection as they bloom on new growth each year. Yeah, they can be a bit slow to take off, but when they do....GRIN

Nice of your neighbors to give you such a lovely moniker for your home.

Smiley, Venice, welcome back my friends to the show that never ends.....Grin.

Gorgeous Jaye!

Venice, I am sorry but I have never had a problem with powdery mildew or whiteflie's but I would take a waterhouse and spray those bugger's off with a blast of water and then add an insecticidal soap or a home-made recipe of water/dishwashing detergent and a dash of rubbing alcohol. Someone else here maybe able to help you out more;-)

Jaye, your flower is very pretty. I like the color.

Rachel, very interesting flower. The veins in it look like a furniture crackling faux finish!

I wish I didn't have to go through this battle . But that is what happens when you live in an apartment complex with a zillion ducks, many people have dogs, and who knows what all is in my soil and flying around!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.