Can a Carolina Yellow Jasmine spill out of a pot?

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1262/

Hi folks, I've got a really large pot that has the opening on the side and I was wondering if you think a Carolina Jasmine would be happy in there instead of climbing?
Here is a picture of the pot with the jasmine next to it so you can see what the pot looks like. I haven't been able to figure out what to put in this pot.

Thanks for any ideas.... exposure is western but partially shaded by a thornless Honey Locust tree -

Thumbnail by angele
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Well, I don't know why it wouldn't work! Mine are sprawling all over the ground - don't have a place left for them to 'climb', and they are doing very well. Go for it, I always say - ya don't know until you try!!!

Thank you Kay... yours is all the encouragement I need! It is going in the pot and in my mind's eye I see a beautiful lush waterfall of green, lol
Sounds dumb but I had no idea if a vine would just quit growing if it wanted to climb and couldn't. Nice to hear yours are sprawling

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

No, it won't stop growing if it can't climb - it will twine around grass and weeds or whatever is in it's path. Just don't forget to keep it WATERED - plants dry out very fast in a pot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.