CLOSED: I really need seed

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

I somehow lost a whole shoe box full of seed folks had sent me, and seed I saved, when I moved last fall, so I really missed my annuals this year. I have a few zinnias and a few marigolds.
Sooooo, I am going to be a begger lady and please ask for annual flower seed from anyone with an abundance, for postage.
most specifically zinnia, purple millet, marigold, cosmos , sunflower, morning glory ect.
I will glady pay postage or for the seed. I just am going to need alot of seed. thanks.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey go to the seed for newbies and most likely they will help you . I know there have been a few people that has just started gardening again after a few years and they have ask for seed and we try to help if we have what you want.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

crash
i have tons of seeds left from 2008 if you would like them they should still be good if interested plmk i might find some for this year since i am starting to collect some but will have more in the fall plmk

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

moretz
you rock!!! yes, I would be interested in anything you have, I have grown your sed before and it is good, lol, :~D
just let me know what I can do for you.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

just send me postage for the big envie and i will gewt them out to you when i receive your postage my addy is in the exchange

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much! check ok?

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

yes it is ,i think 3.00 would be plenty and if i have any left i can put it in the envie to send back to you,did you find my addy?

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes I did, thank you, i will send that right out. And again, thank you.
This is huge, I really was heartbroker to have lost all those seed, and I was gonna share too!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

crash - you have dmail

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Crash.... more towards Oct, i should have tons of seeds.

if you are still in need.... shoot me a Dmail.

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

tcs1366, Thank you! I will!!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

crash got your money today will send out next week enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Moretz, awesome, YOU ROCK! I just wish I would have sent more for your trouble, this is a really nice, generous thing you are doing and I thank you very much!

Kannapolis, NC

Crash: Are you wanting strictly annuals? I'm harvesting platycodon as we speak and a little bit of salvias, some dahlias, too (Unwin's Dwarf).

Angie

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

crash sent you a dmail

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Ooooo, excellent, Hemophobic! esp salvias! that would be wonderful! Just lemme know what I can help you with :~)

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

I've never grown balloon flower, I'm getting excited Hemophobic!

Kannapolis, NC

Got you covered, Crash!

Oh, and I also have Baptisia if you want some of that. I think it's Baptisia australis.

This message was edited Aug 17, 2009 5:37 PM

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

That would be wonderful! that is exciting too, do you know the color, so I will kinda have some idea where in the garden I would like to plant it?

Greenwich, OH

Hello:Crash,
I have plenty of seed to spare.Zinnias,marigolds,sunflowers,cosmos.
I will include these in our sept.trade.
Thanks!

Kannapolis, NC

Crash: The baptisia is blue and so is the platycodon. The salvia viridis `Palisades' is a soft pink. Let me see if I can find a pic. Here's one:

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Ooooo Hemophobic, that is really pretty! I like, ALOT! LOL
I have always wanted some of the platycodon, just didn't have room to grow it, now I do!

Hi Skimper!! I'm looking forward to our trade! Very cool on the seed!!
YOU GUYS ROCK!!

I feel that same excited , special feeling I got when I first came to Dave's , when people so generously gifted me seed and plants as a newbie. I'm so excited.

I bought some seed, a few packs, and I do have a few annuals, I just got very little germination from what I bought. Something special about gifted DG seed I think, it grows better!

You all have been so good to help me, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Kannapolis, NC

Crash: I'll get a care package in the mail to you this weekend. I want to be sure my seeds are good and dry before sealing up. I'll send the Platycodon, Salvia viridis and Baptisia.

Angie

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Angie! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back, you are awesome , Thank You so much!

Cue_chik, I got your seed yesterday!!! Ya know, I knew it was on it's way but, that didn't have an impact on the surprize!!! I felt like a kid at Christmas! I love that feeling, it made my whole day! Thank you so much!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

your welcome! hope you find a use and space for all of those!! Glad that they made it ok :)

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

I have an abundace of room now, that is why I really want to fill up with annuals, (and the bees and butterflies too) then work in perennials as time and money allow. I am just gonna fill this fence full of these seed in the spring.
LOL, my hubbys old work truck! you might be a redneck if.......
It is no longer there.

Thumbnail by crashbandiscoot
Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

more and more space, I love it, my previos house only had about 600 square feet total , all around the house, for gardening space. I do have some garden started. If you ladies would like a daylily in the spring, try to remember, and look at my list(which I need to update) and I will see what I have to share!

Thumbnail by crashbandiscoot
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

if I recall, i sent you some california Giant zinnia.. if so, remember that these grow to about 4 - 5ft tall... may want to put them towards the back...LOL.. BUT, nine are butterfly magnets.. and also make for awesome cut flower vases. i usually cut a vase from mine about once a week. mine were so tall and top heavy, that they bent over and the side shoots started growing upwards...lol.. but they are a sight to see in my garden for sure.

Kannapolis, NC

Crash: My local Lowe's had some Black and Blue salvias on sale the other day when I was there. I don't need any more, but at $2 a pop, they're great perennials and the hummers, butterflies and bees love them, too.

The Platycodon and Baptisia I'm sending grow to about 3', so plan accordingly. The salvia viridis is fairly low growing. I have it in the front of my bed, although this being my first year with it, next year may prove that it gets larger after establishment.

BTW, I love that old truck! I'd give my eyeteeth if I could find an old pickup truck for hauling mulch, plants and furniture around in. DH has one, but he bought it brand new, so you can imagine how any tiny ding or bit of dirt would be sacrilege.

Have a great day!

Angie

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I have quite a few B&B salvia in my beds as well.. absolutely love them.. the hummers love them too and a mam has been bringing babies with her every afternoon to feed. wonderful.. funny how they hover in front of your face, trying to figure out if your a flower...ROTFL

the butterflies congregate at the Zinnias in the front yard... had 6 of them out there the other day. have tropicals out there so was misting them and low and behold... hummers came in for a quick shower.. so cute.

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

I love zinnias esp for the butterflies, and the color, i think my fav are the tall giants and the pom poms.
I like to cut mine too cue_chik.
Hem, I LOVe, love , love salvias! That is a real good deal on them! I will be checking out our Lowes, thanks for the heads up!

Kannapolis, NC

Crash: I haven't sent your seeds yet. Ended up having to attend a funeral this weekend, but I'll get those in the mail to you this week, hopefully tomorrow. I'll send you a D-mail when I do.

Angie

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Hemophibic, Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that. Just take care and don't worry about the seed, most won't go out til spring anyways!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

did u ever get mine? plmk and thxs

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

moretz, I got yours this afternoon, and WOW was I ever surprized, and tickled to death!!
My daughter opened the envie, and pulled them ut one by one asking "what's this one?"
I can't get over how much seed was in that envelope!! You're amazing! thank you so much! Alot of varieties I did not expect and I am so happy to have, like the purple datura! YAY!! now I really can't wiat til next spring!! LOL guess I have a while to go. I will need the time, i have digging to do! Thank you, again

Sandy

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

sandy
glad i could help and i hope they all germinate and grow for you enjoy and i would love pics when you grow them enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
youre welcome

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh , I will enjoy and I promise everyone garden pics next year! I have enjoyed getting these seed like it was Christmas time!

Kannapolis, NC

Crash: I sent your seeds out in today's mail, so please let me know when they arrive. I hope they flourish in your garden!

Angie

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Awww Angie! Thank you, I will.

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

I got your seed today Angie!! So VERY beautifully packaged, what a pretty picture!!
You really made my day!! Thank you! I can't wait to see this salvia!!

You all have been so generous and good to me and I cannot Thank you enough!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.