Local source for perlite in zip 19063

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows a source for perlite near my zip code- i'm willing to drive about 30-35 miles out (maybe 50 for a good deal). i live in Pennsylvania, but am very close to the delaware state line as well. I use it extensively for overwintering indoors, in containers, and as an amendment in my raised beds, and would like to know how much it would cost. found a few places online but the shipping costs were substantial...

if anyone knows of a nursery or supply house please let me know.

thanks,

joy

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Joy - you are referring to perlite and not pumice...right? If so...any of the big box stores carry the perlite down here i.e. Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

yes, perlite. i get mine at box stores now, but would like to get in bulk so it's cheaper.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahhhh gotcha...maybe check with a local nursery and see if they can special order it so you don't get stuck with the shipping so high?

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Have you tried a local Southern States?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

That's what I was thinking, happy...but wasn't sure how north Southern States stores were located

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

How about:

WEST CHESTER AGWAY
956 S. MATLACK STREET
WEST CHESTER, PA 19382
610-696-1700
MON-THUR 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM; FRI 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM; SAT 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM; SUN 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
mla@ccis.net

BRANDYWINE COUNTRY LIVING
1155 HORSESHOE PIKE, RT# 322
DOWNINGTOWN, PA 19335
610-873-3081
bclagway@comcast.net

WOODSTOWN FARM SUPPLY
110 EAST GRANT STREET
WOODSTOWN, NJ 08098
856-769-1800

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.