Anybody garden by theme?

Atlanta, GA

Hi all, I have two gardens--one out back, and one on my balcony. Each one has several themes, but I can't find an appropriate forum to discuss them in, so I thought I'd try here, and see if the idea of a Theme Garden forum generates any interest, or at the least, any suggestions! My balcony garden is all containers, and the themes are: moonlight garden (flowers that bloom at night; silver, white or variegated foliage; nighttime fragrance), red accents (for the hummingbirds), and cat tolerant (so that when my munchkins nibble, they don't get sick). My backyard garden themes are similar: moonlight garden, pink accents (I love the peppermint look), extended season, and xeriscaped. I'm in Atlanta, which is zone 7b, high humidity, red clay soil. Let me know if anyone is interested in themes, or if I should post what I already have planted to see if anyone can offer suggestions!

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!