Share pics of garden "friends"

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Long story short...I saw slight movement this AM on my night blooming epi...upon closer inspection: It's a bird...it's a plane...it's Super Lizard! And you know he's thinking...you best use that zoom b/c if you come any closer I'm gonna show you Air Lizard...
Course I called Chloe out and she says: "Awwwww baby? Mama?" I'm thinking I hope your mama, sisters and brothers are ALL around gobbling up nasty insects I don't want on my plants!!!

This message was edited Aug 3, 2009 4:35 PM

Thumbnail by Chantell
Shenandoah Valley, VA

He's so adorable! Marshall said it's a green anole. He wanted to know if you have a lot of them - said he knows they're in NC but he's never heard of them being in Virginia before.

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Chantell, I saw one myself the other day, but told DH I must be dreaming. We had them everywhere in FL, but I never expected to see one here in VA where it gets colllllldddd. Pam

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

*snort*
Too funny!
Better be careful Chantell! Chloe might bring them in as "pets"!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok...so I'm not the only one that thought he looked like an anole...that's what I told both DD's...but I honestly DON'T think they're "hardy" here....
Thank God Chloe nor I could catch him...

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hmmm, maybe he hitched a ride with us?

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Ah, he's just auditioning for the next generation of Geico commercials. He's one of the ones that was "ordained" to share the news by Mr. Gecko... LOL.

He's too cute either way.

Roni

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Chantell, he is really a cute little guy/gal. I googled them and enjoyed reading about them, interesting fact is they turn brown color when stressed. Proving green IS a relaxing color. LOL

A little bird taking a bath on a hot day!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

See Mom! All clean now!!!

Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

We had a visitor in our arborvitae.

Thumbnail by miatablu
Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

Just waiting for a snack to walk by.

Thumbnail by miatablu

Oh, C**p! Miatablu, I could take a snake on the ground but in your face is a different story.

My little friend returned last week to his lookout spot on the lilies.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

Side shot

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL Ladygardener. I think the photo might be a little misleading. He was only about as big around as my index finger. You did have to walk right by him out the front door though which people who have snake phobias might have a problem with.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh Bobbie....I think, although not afraid of snakes, that would've given me a start!!!
Chris - that froggie is just the cutest thing ever (green is MY favorite color)!!!
Karen - how sweet is that baby????

Here's an addition to the lizard gang!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahh Karen you caught a shot of of those pretties!!! Was on my deck and I caught sight of the famous blue tail but that was it!! Good job!

Karen, wow! a lizard with racing stripes and a blue after-burner for a tail. Quit a looker, I'd say.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

ROTFLOL - start your engines

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wow, that striped one is very cool looking. All these lizards all of a sudden maybe someone set their collection free.

Hahahahahaha!!! :o)
Someone must be a NASCAR fan!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Nah...Jen at least not the blue tailed one...those are all around every summer. Karen - I am SOOO not a NASCAR fan...my oldest DD sadly is...nuf said....LOL

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ohhhh, why can't I get pretty visitors like that?

And what do you mean by "sadly is"?
NASCAR is the #1 spectator sport with median income of the fan $60K. So not just for rednecks anymore.
Go Mark Martin!!!

Yeah... aahhh.... no! I'm not a NASCAR fan either. No offense! There are plenty of you out there! Including many of my friends. But... aahhh... I just can't get into it.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Jen - b/c she makes me (more) insane with her stuff everywhere....it's maddening, I tell you!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hee hee.... all our NSCAR stuff is still packed away in the attic.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Not sure how this will turn out...every morning it's a new web...thankful that they keep the insects away I don't want - but not so happy walking through them unexpectedly at times...ugh!! This one kept catching the morning breeze - reminded me of a ships sail...."web in the wind"

Thumbnail by Chantell
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That is some web.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Was tryin' to look for Charlotte and Wilbur and see "some pig" written in the web...LOL It actually wasn't really big...still I'm so amazed by their work

C... Great picture of the web, now that is one for the photo contest 2009.

Love the web, Chantell!
We have continued to try and get really good photos of the hummers this summer!
Hubby is getting really good, since he's been off after surgery.

This photo is courtesy of hubby, Palmer Allen.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Tell "PA" I said THATS a great shot!!!
Chris - very sweet of you but did you SEE some of those shots last year...sheesh!!

This message was edited Aug 15, 2009 11:00 PM

Chantell, you can't win if you don't enter. I've entered a few shots of my own. Didn't come close but had fun trying.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Tell hubby that's not "really good", it's AWESOME!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Not sure if I'd consider these "friends" but I caught these two up to no good last month! LOL Rick brought the female inside and placed her on the kitchen counter after their "encounter", said she was going to die anyway and he wanted to add her to his 'collection'. Sure enough, she was dead by morning but not before she had laid a trail of eggs on the counter- there must have been hundreds of them! LOL

Thumbnail by rcn48
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Chris you're always such a dearheart!!!
Debbie - those are awesome...what type of moth are they?

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

It's a Giant Leopard Moth: http://davesgarden.com/guides/bf/go/587/

They grow up so fast...

Thumbnail by claypa
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahhhh look at him!!!
Really a very cool moth!!!! Thanx for the link

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I don't get to see so many 'friends' in the garden with the Bad Dog around.
I have seen a couple of toads, finally, since we had the first rains after that dry spell. Two of my tadpoles have taken a hike (hop?) since they got all four legs.

Thumbnail by sallyg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.