♫ Raindrops keep falling on my...♫

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Chantell, I have a Canon Rebel Xt...the MG shot was with my maco lens.

Gita love the datura!

Holly that is a great shot! I can see the spider webbing!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, We have had so much rain in Pa. this year we don,t have to even consider using the hose, It has been so wet we have to make a consious effort to water the plant that are shelteredfor the rain.LOL Ric

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Awesome photos- I seem to have trouble capturing the glow in the drops.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Mysore Mulli after the rain

Thumbnail by Chantell
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

took some drippy ones yesterday

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

glamini

Thumbnail by onewish1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

We are getting a lot of good shots, thanks guys! Glad you are having fun with this one.
Funny how some flowers seem to just soak up the rain, while others just bead-up.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Onewish - hope you don't mind...but look how cool yours looks flipped to B & W

Thumbnail by Chantell

The edge color is gorgeous both ways

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

don't mind at all... looks neat

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I love both pics surprising how some pics really work nicely both to color and B&W and others don't.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I've been surprised in that the photos I used to think would look the best B & W didn't and the plain ones looked great....this is one that took a few years ago...yes, it's "staged" - I was having fun playing

Thumbnail by Chantell

We had one heck of a down pour the other evening. The sky got so black it was like 10:00 pm. at 5:00 in the evening. got a few pictures.
Raindrops on the leaf stem of castor bean.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

Here is the stem of an Ivy leaf geranium. The sky was an orangey-pink after the rain.

And a huge rainbow needed 3 shots to get it all! Now which house is hidding the pot of gold? LOL

Middle.

The other end.

Interesting shots, ladyg! Love rainbows.
We've had some real rain too this week; thankful that it's broken the worst tropical heat and humidity but I was Stil sweating out there tpday. PHEW.

If we get a summer storm in the late afternoon, I can bet there will be a rainbow in this same place.
We finally got some summer weather here, now we will jump into fall. When I went to turn on the AC it didn't work I got the repairman out and it was a blown fuse, easy fix, if I would have know where to look UGH!
Now I have a dry basement, it really sweats when the humidity is high.
I'm not much for AC, hate that cold air blowing on me, but it makes it easy to breath and sleep. I usually have a sweater on in the house. Or sit outside till I get too hot and come back in to cool off. LOL

Oh me too. on both items LOL. We look for rainbows from the back deck cuz there's usually after an afternoon storm.
and I wish we could do without AC but the last few nights would have been soooo muggy without it. I grew up without it but it wasn't always fun sweating oneself to sleep. I like those warm days where you can get a little sweaty but get in the shade with a nice breeze and cool off!!

No excuse after all the rain we had this week!!
A much better Plumeria picture, avec pluie

And for fun, fill in this phrase
"_____________________ and whiskers on kittens"
Bonus points for origin, this should be easy and now you'll all be humming it all day~~

Thumbnail by sallyg
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, I am hugely impressed with the Plumeria bloom. WOW I was thinking about picking up a couple during one of the co-ops but decided to wait until GH is built.
Moonlight on tropical reefs,
Sedums are flowering,

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Onewish, here are a few wet begonia pics for you.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

And another this one is in the deck boxes

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

"...Raindrops on noses--and whiskers on kittens......" ????--and warm woolen mittens....

"Sound of Music"......

G.

ding ding ding- we have a winner

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL, I misunderstood the idea. I thought we were to put in our own favorite thing. As I'm gearing up for a dive trip in Nov. Tropical reefs are mainly on my mind. LOL

Bright copper kettles (????--and warm woolen mittens...)

Ouch this is a favorite winter song.....oh no! Not winter UGH

Yeah Holly I was totally baffled by your response LOL
Hey only the woolen mittens are wintry. Not the beestings, dog bites, kittens and raindrops on *roses* I believe which was what got me started on that.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice shots Sally & Holly

Thanks Sally I'll try to look at the summer side of the song, even though they were not most of her favorite things >grin<

Well, she WAS in Austria, right? probably have to really get a good attitude to get through winter there LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Diving? Coral Reefs??? Whaaaaaaaa!!!! Not that I'm certified...or even started....but I'm infatuated with snorkeling so I can only imagine...

Thumbnail by Chantell
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful pic Chantell, Yep I will be back in open water later this fall. Cozumel doing drift diving. You just drop into the water and let the current carry you past an amazing panorama of coral reefs and tropical fish.

Can you hear this guy humming the thread title?

Thumbnail by sallyg
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Sally that was my laugh for the day. LOL
I've been saving this to post.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Sally, that is a great picture! That really should be the picture that started this thread off.
We are now in a dry spell now, a few drops depending where you are at. I turned on the sprinkler for one bed that I planted a few perennials I bought on sale.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Holly & Sally, Those are both great photos. We finally got some rain last night and it just started raining again about an hour ago. Two weeks without a drop was just too long!

How's your dry spell now? New Jersey looks like its getting 'quite a soaking'. I don't know if this will make its way over to Lake Erie though!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Coming down cat's and dog's here right now. I got a good day of weeding in yesterday but I'm not going out there today.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.