♫ Raindrops keep falling on my...♫

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Show some of your Rain drops, wet leaves and petals here. I know you all can come up with some interesting shots.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1

Castor bean leaf holding a pool of water.

Wet African Queen lily bud.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'll see what I can find. Not like we haven't had a ton of rain.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

We got some serious storms today, I had to look and see if any trees were coming down, the lightning was so close.

Columbines - I didn't notice the droplets on the ends of the leaves until the pics were loaded onto the computer!

Thumbnail by claypa

Sneezeweed / Heleniums

Thumbnail by claypa
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

one of my favs

Thumbnail by onewish1
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Quoting:
Not like we haven't had a ton of rain

I shouldn't be complaining but heck I was right in the middle of planting :( Dug over a dozen holes on Monday, grabbed the plants and been waiting for it to dry out ever since! I'll try to see what I can find for "raindrops" today when I take some pictures of the mess I made yesterday pruning trees/shrubs in the rain. What else was there to do - like maybe housecleaning? No way! LOL

Great photos and claypa your Columbine shot is incredible!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Fun, Chris! I have pics here and there but mixed in with what the flowers or leaves are. I'm usually disappointed that I can't capture the bright spot of light you can see in real life in the drops.
claypa- fantastic shot. I wonder if the columbine was exuding the water, or just why its so specifically hangs on those tips. Amazing.
onewish- a most beautiful Iris photo, just gorgeous, graceful and lush.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

WOW, That columbine shot is great.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks Sally... I should have re sized that one ... sorry

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOVE rain petal pics....VERY nice all....here's my plumie from last year

Thumbnail by Chantell
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice one Chantell!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Black Knight canna

Thumbnail by Chantell
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Ooohh!!! I love raindrop shots!

A nasturtium...

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

A rose...

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Karen - incredible, as always.....you have an amazing eye!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Rain drops were falling on my head. Sorry no pic but there was a dripping Holly just a few minuets ago. I thought I could get in some garden work before the rain came did some more digging and weeding. finally did come in when the rain got heavier. Hope this will lead to some nice pic opp.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Drats, I'm still short of rain. Got a lousy 30 minutes worth today. Here's a pix from the spring.

Thumbnail by stormyla

Almost another inch here today, just twenty miles or so up the road.

Thumbnail by claypa
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Mike, That flower is really pretty. What is it?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Well it rained here again last night, I don't know if I'll ever catch up on the mowing. I did, however, get some raindrop pics. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

And another. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Title this one "Wet Web". Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Rained all night last night. If the sun doesn't stay out for a while these will all turn to mush. My annuals still have not popped. Lots of rain, but definitely not enough sun.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

It's been thundering off and on for an hour, but no rain yet. This photo is from July 12th, one of 3 days in July that there was any rain.

Thumbnail by stormyla

Stormy, that blue flower you asked about is a balloon flower / platycodon. Which reminds me, I started a bunch of white bellflower seeds today - do you save yours?

'Century Girl' holly

Thumbnail by claypa
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Claypa, I did the first year. They germinated and grew very nicely. But the clumps expand so quickly that now I just divide them and spread them around. Some of my Bellflowers were almost 5' tall this year. Not one of 16 survived in my road side bed. I .like that Balloon Flower. The color is beautiful and the form is lovely.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

love them all... but the web one takes the cake!!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric, Your spider web almost looks like one you buy to put up for Haloween.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

agreed - LOVE that web Ric

Claypa,

Love the color of your balloon flower. Got one from Critter at the swap, which look great, so I decided to start some seeds for the "Fuji Pink".

More rain last night.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful pics!! I agree the web is is GREAT!! Claypa your balloon flower is a great color!! I find the white ones to be a bit invasive for me...how about the blue one?

That's funny, the white Platycodon / balloon flowers just kind of disappeared here, I forgot about them. I think there was supposed to some pink ones, but I never saw them. They do reseed some, but the first year they're just an inch or so tall, so they'd be easy to remove.
I did have a couple white Bellflowers / Campanula seedlings turn out blue. The Campanula flowers are similar, but smaller, and the leaves are very different.

My new favorite (this week), Heleniums

Thumbnail by claypa
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I found the blue ones are not as hardy ..... my white ones get bigger every year... the 2 blue I had is now just 1... and half the size of when it was planted... I was reading that they are a short lived perennial .. going to start more seeds next winter

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

This is one for Chantell!!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

Rains every day. Here's one that I planted 3 years ago and hadn't seen since then.

Beautiful color on yours Ronnie!

This message was edited Aug 6, 2009 8:58 AM

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ronnie - your shots are truly amazing...did you mention what camera you use?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I just remembered that i have a lovely "raindrops" photo of my Triple Purple-White Datura....
Still in bud--soon to open......
This is REAL rain! NOT sprayed with a hose "rain".....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric took this the other day. It's a clematis seed head, did you know that clematis seed heads are a Hummer favorite for nest building?

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.