For those ISO of Kleim's Hardy Gardenia

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Rec'd mine today from one of my favorite ebay sellers: emeraldgoddessgardens http://myworld.ebay.com/emeraldgoddessgardens/
Needless to say...I was as impressed as I was with my first order from her!!! Sadly the little plant that Bluestone sent out never seemed to be big enough to make it (tried 2x)...LOOK at the size on this one - for only $9.99!!! Chloe decided she needed to help with holding the new "baby" as she referred to it...LOL

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

by itself w/can for reference

Thumbnail by Chantell
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantel, I like it better with Chloe holding it!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I was thinking of Chloe the other day. I was in Target and on the other side of the sock rack, were a little girl and her young mom. She had the tiny little girl squeaky voice, sounded almost too young for proper sentences but (among other chatter) saying "I kinn try on da slippers? You can take off my shoes and I kin try da pretty syippers?" It sounded so sweet, polite, innocent cute and girly!!!!!!!
Of course I only had to enjoy a few minutes of the chatter--ten minutes later the mom was almost at her end with it, poor over chattered mom. LOL

Sorry back to gardenias- Very nice!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL - ya'll are too cute. Yes, Sally....I'm there at times...rarely...but I have my moments. She talks none stop...I'm just constantly amazed at what she picks up - esp with the plants. Last year - when I first let her "help" (sure ya'll remember the pics) unpack plants that arrived...I'd tell her: "we have to be gentle - she's a baby plant." That's why to this day, when they come in - regardless of size - she says: "easy - baby" LOL So cute...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Lovely! (both Chloe & the plant, LOL)

So, just how hardy is "hardy?"

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ooh, went to the site, found my answer... hardy to zone 6, with heavy mulch.

Better yet, I found a dwarf papyrus that might just be calling my name... Surely the pickerel weed I got from Holly needs a friend... :-)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL....you'll be pleased with anything you get from her Jill, I've been nothing but thrilled with plants from her. She is very honest in her descriptions - generally the plant you receive is larger then you anticipated.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

You girls should see the hardy water lily we rescued from Josh's defunct pond, many bites came along with this rescue. LOL Ric
It should be ready for divison next year. I forgot the pic, I'll post it in the next frame, sorry!

This message was edited Jul 25, 2009 12:37 AM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

It's really pretty! Ric
Must be a redundant error! Good Night! Ric

This message was edited Jul 25, 2009 12:40 AM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Wow, it seems to glow with the light center.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.