Tree Frog Condos

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

My Nepenthes and Sarracenia host a bunch of tree frogs and a few lizards. These are not lunch. They are residents.

If you'd like to see more pictures, go to http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1018082/

Thumbnail by starsplitter7
Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Great photo!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Last night I saw 7 frogs in my Nepenthes and Sarracenia. Take a look at the rest of the picture. :)

Arua, Uganda(Zone 11)

That is really cool, love them! I have to try and grow them here. Will have to try and bring them out in the hand lugage next time I fly to the UK.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I carried plants from California to Florida in my hand luggage with no problems. Would it be a problem to get arcross borders?

There are carnivorous plants native to South Africa, but I don't know about Uganda.

Arua, Uganda(Zone 11)

It would be easier from the UK than the US I have carried Cacti and succulents wraped up in newspaper from the UK no problems there just dont go home often enough! I just imagine neps are very fragile. South Africa is much more temperate than Uganda. Also I dont usually travel there! Next trip to the UK planned in 2011 :-(

Mst go got a trip to Sudan tomorrow...

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I knew the temps would be really different between SA and Uganda, but I thought maybe you could also order plants from there. Ones like Cape Sundews grow really well all over.

I carried small Nepenthes on the flight and Sundew with on problems. I taped cups over the pots to protect the plants, and all went well.

2011 is a long time to wait. :)

Arlington, TX

I think there are strict laws about transporting any plants or animals.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Not within the US. Unless the plants are endangered. I don't know about international laws.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.