Chantell's pic on Blooms.com

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Congrats! Chantell, very pretty picture. July 17 '09

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Cool! Gotta go check it out now. Thanks for the heads-up!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

link: http://www.bloom.com/

(there's also a link to Bloom.com at the very bottom of your page.)

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Very pretty, Chantell!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Very nice bush Chantell. Great pix!

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

How pretty!!! I'm not familiar with that bush, but now I think I need it! ;-)

Congratulations, Chantell!!!

Thanks for the heads up, ladygardener.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

congrats!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Nice job Chantell!

:o)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

That is just beautiful Chantell, Congrats.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Clueless in Stafford here....(what's new, right?) - thanks for the head's up Chris!!! And thank you all for your kind words - I personally wasn't overly fond that that shot (seriously) but wanted to document what the bloom looked like...too, too funny

Chantell, Taking the time to post in plant files deserves an "That a Girl" So many entries without pictures, DG is a group effort, that's what makes it fun.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

You are right Ladyg, I hardly ever post in the plant files, guess I'm a bit timid about that.
Chantell that is a really good pic.

(scrape scrape--adjusting soapbox) What PF needs for many are pictures not just of blooms but of seeds, seedlings, plant form...the stuff that is not as much fun to capture. Not at ALL a criticism of Chantell's choice of picture, or her many Bee yoo tiful closeups; just a plug for once in a while trying for the useful shot. I don't do it near enough.
OK, getting down and picking up my box. ^_^

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Actually, her closeup supplied a missing perspective to the entry... I think most of the other photos showed sprays of blooms.

But you're right, PF needs more plant/foliage photos, seeds, etc... not just glamour shots

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I also try to send in fall foliage shots, but don't always remember to do it.

I'm all for missing perspectives!!! Its the endless single full face flower shots that sometimes seem like a waste of kilobytes ^_^

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ya'll are absolutely right!! Becky saved me last year from investing further time growing "Nicotiana" that had "reseeded" - NOTE: this was most certainly NOT Nicotiana - Becky knew from looking at the leaves - sadly I was clueless...point being, it was at this point that I started taking pics of leaves and uploading them...along with new buds of plants as I've seen repeatedly folks that are newer asking what "this" is...this being a bud. ^_^ And of course I do the macros without reason other then I find so many things fascinating up close and personal. Some folks do "ID" based on number of petals - shapes of petal etc. so this gives some assistance, I'd think...done rambling for now....
Sally (we were posting at the same time) - you're correct - personally I try not to upload a shot - unless it appears different from those preceding it...i.e. angle, age, distance....lighting even

This message was edited Jul 20, 2009 10:21 AM

Chantell- you know I love your macros, and Bec's. I'm doone rambling on this point too. I have to try and finish an article to make up for dinner last night. We (family) walked into an old place in my hometown, not realizing that for Sunday dinner its one of those 25 dollar entrees places OUCH!!! to the purse and the ego. Too embarassed to walk out, we split some entrees and still spent too much. The food WAS delicious, but maybe it made me ~tetchy~ today! Who's up for beans and rice this week--all week?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Sally - I think your point is a valid one - not to mention it makes it more difficult to weed through all the "same ole - same oles" to find what you're looking for. I'm sure it would be a monumental task but a good suggestion to the Admin might be "cleaning up/rearranging" the plant file pics i.e. removing "duplicates" and rearranging so the ones showing on the plantfile page is pics close, from a distance, foilage, new growth....another words various aspects of the plant.
Add Oodles of Noodles to the bean and rice menu for the week...I can share my recipe for what we affectionately refer to as "ghetto stew" if you like.... Hugs.

Hugs back!! The Noodles will be a nice variation by Wednesday...lol

Sally, I agree with you 100%. Sometimes in the winter when I am snowed in, LOL, I look through PFs and choose a few plants that I would like to start from seed that doesn't have pic's. Then I start with seed shots and then seedlings, then things start getting really busy and I forget to take the other pictures, but hey! at least its a start. I am also somewhat lax in adding comments to PFs. Oh! the road of good intentions........Now everyone, raise your right hand.....I (state your name) solemnly swear to take various plant pictures for PFs.......

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I, Chantell, do solemnly swear to faithfully execute the office of "sniff tester" of the MA community...and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the rights of fragrance fanatics everywhere.

Chantell--LOL

The road to good intentions has a zillion off ramps and billboards

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

...and nurseries, I hope...

HA HA!! how much will you charge to let me use that as an article title?
The road to good intentions...is lined with nurseries!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

That would be a great article. LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I love making up titles, captions etc....pymt was already made...giving me some of the pig ear starts...!!!!

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

What gorgeous pictures. Love those Bluebells. Way back in the early-70's I discovered natives. Not knowing any better, I dug wildflowers out of the woods, fields, brought back seed heads from vacation, etc. for my yard. By the time we moved from our first home, the transplanted bluebells had spread nicely near the woods. I'd love to have them here, but I've learned it was wrong to take them from nature.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell -- that photo is really lovely!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you Happy!! Have ya'll seen that Bluebell one today??? OMG...gorgeous!!!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

It really is!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.