Really July blooms

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

My Cardinal Climber vine starting to bloom...
In no time flat--it will have covered the WHOLE railing!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Some more sun Coleus and Impatiens in my east side bed.....at the foot of the "Maya" Brugmansia....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Same bed--the other half--a strange, speckled sun Coleus and my Dragon Wing begonia....

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

My Tiger Lilies are blooming.....Not very large blooms...bummer!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

My tall, Red Hibiscus just started blooming.....This is the one that takes 3-4 years from seed to bloom....
I have lots of seed!
Nice, strong-looking blooms! Lots and lots of them!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

This is a Gloriosa Daisy (Hirta)--I do not remember who gave it to me--but it is gorgeous!!!!!

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

My house--with the KK Hibiscus doing VERY well for having just been dug up and transplanted last fall.
Not as tall as I have seen it--but there is always next year.

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

And--lastly--I need an ID on this plant.
I know I sowed it and it cane up. Only had 3 seedlings. Did not recognize them--and so they sat and sat on my patio table.
Finally, I planted them in my big east-side bed--behind all the Coleus.

Does any one know what this is???????

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

The wind and rain keep knocking them down and I keep bringing them in and giving to neighbors.

Great weather for mushrooms and moss.

These look happier inside today.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

RRR

Your big, white Lilies in the vase look very similar to the ones I have. Mine are "Honeymoon"/Orienppet Lilies. Are yours the same?
Gita

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

some shots I took this morning

http://picasaweb.google.com/AllisonNJ71/8109?feat=directlink

Thumbnail by onewish1
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Onewish, your bird & butterfly photos are beautiful. What is that long white flower? That Hydrangea is really pretty. Do you know which one it is?
Those liies are gorgeous. That white one looks a lot like my Muscadet.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Roses, I always am reluctant to cut my flowers. Shade gardens have a lot fewer blooms. Your glads and lilies look beautiful.

This is a white Obedient Plant starting to open. It's called "Miss Manners". It's not supposed to be aggresive like the rest of them.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Gita, All of your plants look beautiful. Here's another Hirta, Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, Your tropical flowers and photos are just beautiful. I can almost smell them.. Don't know how you find room for them all inside.

This Daylily is Condilla.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

RCN, I planted 2 of those Hydrangea Pinky Winky last year. There are a couple of Hydrangeas here budding now. I hope one of them survived.

Moving these Ligularias further to the front of the bed did the trick. They are finally starting to bloom. It's Britt Marie Crawford.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

This dwarf Oriental lily is only 12" tall. It's called Sombrero.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Roses, I don't know anything about growing berries. This year there are some wild raspberries growing behind my big bed. I'm leaving them there to block out some of my neighbor's weeds.

The Arum Italicum are putting up their berries. This year I hope the birds get some before the voles.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

First bloom from Echie Mac & Cheese. From this year's co-op.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Heuchera Autumn Bride will keep blooming right up until Thanksgiving.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

This is Agastache Tutti Frutti.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

The Crocosmia are fully open now.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

If any of you got one of the Buddleia White Profusion seedlings from me, here's mine blooming now. These are the largest & fattest Buddleia blooms I've ever seen.

This message was edited Aug 2, 2009 1:51 AM

Thumbnail by stormyla
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Stormy thank you.... the long white one is a butterfly bush... not sure of which one at the moment... (might be one of the bi-color or tri-color ones)...would have to look at which ones I bought... too many in the last few years from the cheapo places.. a bunch did not make it so it's hard to remember.. but can look it up in my files and maybe I can find it

the Hydrangea is pinky winky just starting to open... and it might be Muscadet... that one came from a grab bag

my Tutti Frutti did not return from last year... it is a nice one though

here are some shots from the sussex co. fair from yesterday... went to visit my old barrel racing buddies... the green house did not have as many nice displays as prior years... I was very disappointed

http://picasaweb.google.com/AllisonNJ71/SussexCoFair8109?feat=directlink

Thumbnail by onewish1
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

onewish, Loved the slide show of your garden and beautiful hummer and butterfly pics.
Stormy, so pretty really like that Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy.
I think you will really like this pic it was taken by my GS JR, he is 6 now for those of you that didn't meet him at the swap. In fact all these next pics were taken by him.
I planted a couple of these Diamond Frost Euphorbias in the front bed. This one right next to the Aaron you gave me. Looks really nice with the red berries.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Another of JR's pics, Don't usually think Pansies as July flowers in our area but some of mine are still beautiful and growing very well. Love these purple pansies with the gold foliage of the heuchera behind it. Not sure but that might be Ginger ale. You can see the Aaron berries and Diamond Frost in the back.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The last of JR's pic for this thread.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Great job, JR. Glad to see you got some berries Holly. The Heuch/Pansy combo is really nice.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I have loads of seeds for that Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy. Don't go buy any.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you Holly... nice shots Holly!!!

Pixie sent me cherry brandy seeds this year... so far so good

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Gita, I LOVE your cardinal climber and the red coreopsis. The lily is called Conca d'Or.

Always enjoy your pictures Stormy. I have some of the obedient plant growing this year. As usual, I didn't know what it was. Now I don't know if it is the invasive kind! I am slowly coming out of the dark as I read everyone's posts.

Another of my unamed lilies.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Roses--That lastt Lily is just amazing! Doesn't even look like a lily!!!!

No one has ventured a guess on this plant I have growing....
I posted it a little ways back. Any Ideas? I had 3 seeds of this that came up...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6891307

Thanks, Gita

Shenandoah Valley, VA

I'm so far behind. Gita, your hibiscus are stunning and I love the color combination with your coleus and impatiens.

Holly, tell JR I expect to see his photos in National Geographic someday.

Stormy, do your Lords and Ladies require a lot of moisture? And I'm in total plant lust for that heuchera.

I have a White Profusion that I planted about 12 years ago - one of the first things I planted here. It's now huge. I hacked it back pretty ferociously last year because it was just about to eat the house. The blooms are massive - about a foot long or more.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

The hummers go wild over that bush every year. Here's a bee visiting the blooms today.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Okay, I have a bunch more photos and this one is getting really long, so I'm going to start us an August thread. Everyone be sure to check out Gita's mystery plant before you head to the new thread.

New thread is here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1022880/

This message was edited Aug 3, 2009 4:38 PM

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Onewish... love your hummer photos! What kind of camera do you use????
I just bought a new camera myself...
Would love to know what you are using!

Great job!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.