Really July blooms

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

continuing from
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1009126/#new
Blue Spruce creeping sedum

Thumbnail by sallyg
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Ruby, I believe I got this Bee Balm from you at the swap.

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Coreopsis 'Sweet Dreams'

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Hardy Hibiscus (Luna I think)

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Stormyla, That Lily is humongous, I had no idea they got that big.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Don't know who this one is, but it looks nice with the coleus

Thumbnail by claypa
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Another one that opened yesterday.

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, I've often thought about trying that Blue Spruce Sedum, but haven't done so yet. How tall does it get?

I've lost the names of these two DLs. I like the shapes and colors of them together.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Catbird, If you didn't get the Monarda from Ruby, it may have come from me. Your photos show me how much better it blooms with sun. My patches of it are hugh, but the bloom is never very profuse and the flowers never get very large. Jacob Kline seems to do better in the shade. Your Hibiscus is lovely.

I love this DL "Jersey Spider"

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Claypa, That's a very nice color combo and design in that DL.

I love the blush overlay on this DL "Smuggler's Gold"

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Roses, That's a very pretty DL. Just this year I am adding a lot more Purples.

Here's some of that Monarda that I took to the swap. I'm always having to dig my neighbor's ever encroaching weeds out of this patch.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

This Oriental lily is "Halifax"

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

This is Penstemon "Ruby". Finally, there are some colorful things starting to bloom against this white fence.,

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's some Butterfly Weed that I grew from seed last year. Those Caladiums were grown in pots this year and are all still lined up waiting to be placed in the garden.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Don't know the name of this Oriental Lily.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

This Oriental Lily is "Amazing" and they truly are to give such profuse blooms in their first year.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

This Hydrangea "Anabelle" was only 8" tall when planted last fall. I can't believe the size of the plant or the blooms for it's first year. It's growing in almost total shade under Black Walnut.

Thumbnail by stormyla

stormyla----My Blue Srpuce sedum grows quickly. The stems have gotten about five inches long, but at that length start to lay over, so its only a couple inches tall. This pic was taken a month ago. Of a few creeping sedums I grew from seed last year, this is the fastest grower so far. And if you want some I can put some stems in a little box and send. I'm planning on having pots for the next swap whenever it happens.

Thumbnail by sallyg

Forest Fire annaul salvia would show up well on that white too. I have some self sown and one just began to bloom. This is from last year.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Sally: Did I hear you offering to host a swap???

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Sally. I've been trying to find a couple of different red perennial salvias, but every time I find one, everybody has already sold out of it.

I found this growing in a pot that I left outside all winter. Anyne have an idea of what it is?

Thumbnail by stormyla

Pretty sure that's Perilla frutescens 'Atropurpurea', listed as invasive by the state of PA. You probably don't want to let it flower and go to seed. Some places around here the woods are full of them.

Verbena hastata

typo edit

This message was edited Jul 19, 2009 12:09 AM

Thumbnail by claypa

I saw a few 'Forest Fire' salvia seedlings in the garden this morning - every year I wonder if they will come back or not. They don't seem to sprout until summer for some reason.

Happy, that's how I read it, too - "I'm planning on having ...(something something)...the next swap..." I could bring Echinaceas...

Thumbnail by claypa

I think this is 'Joan Senior'

Thumbnail by claypa

Plain old Hibiscus moscheutos, with nary a sawfly nor Japanese beetle this year. I may have seen five so far, instead of hundreds and hundreds.

Thumbnail by claypa

I think that this one is "Outrageous". (Not as pretty as "About Face" but I lost that one to the cold winter and very wet spring).

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED

LOLL==you quick readers--skipping a few words can change the meaning! Then again those Echinaceas--are something I recently decided my garden needs.
Forest Fire like my other S. coccinea Coral Nymph- do seem to sprout late, then bloom end of summer thru frost.

Stunning color on your "Halifax" lily, Stormy

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I was thinking about a Fall Swap. Not sure we could host again with everything that is going on right now not to mention that we travel in the fall. But I would love for someone to have one like Critter hosted last year. Nice end of the season swap. Sure it won't be at her house this year. giggle, giggle.
Claypa those Echies are beautiful.
R_R_R, Beautiful!
Here is one of my Dahilas, "Dora"

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Gloriosa Daisy, with mahogany center. Thanks LadyG.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I have never been a big admirer of hosta blooms. For years I just cut mine off, but I have a few new hosta that are really pretty and I have developed a new appreciation for them.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Waterlily, They are flowering in both the box pond and the bathtub pond.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Garden Phlox,

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Bulb Co-ops are taking interest!

Holly, your dahlia is beautiful and so is the water lily.

I know that Jackson and Perkins does not have a good reputation, but the roses that I bought from them are all doing great!

Bella Roma Rose

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED

Another from Jackson and Perkins.

Double Delight

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED

My favorite white rose.

Pope John Paul

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

RRR I'm really enjoying your roses. I can't get them to grow for me, so I gave up.

S. going to check out the co-ops.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Claypa. I had looked at all of the photos of Perilla in PF and decided that it wasn't Perilla. The edges are not so deeply devided as in the PF photos. But why chance it? Into the dumpster it went! Your Echies are looking great.

Roses, Thank you. Your roses are looking great. It's hard to decide which I like best. Outrageous is beautiful but so are the two bicolors and Pope John Paul is very lovely.

Holly, that Dahlia is very pretty and your water lilies are just beautiful.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

This Oriental Lily is called "Crystal Blanca". There's just the faintest blush of pink around the edges.

Thumbnail by stormyla

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.