Vining Things

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Please post pic of your vining plants.
My wisteria has been putting out a few unseasonable flowers. Something it does now and then.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

There are a few pods hanging around also. They are soft and fuzzy.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

My Passi is growing very well this year.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Another flower

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

There is some kind of pod on the passi, too. Not sure fruit or seed pod?

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

My first Honeysuckle is off to a good start. I think this one is "Dropmore Scarlet"

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Silly me, forgot the photo.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

And here is my first try at a Morning Glory.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Stormy, I remember weeding out the MGs for my GM. She had so many, to her it was the plant she hated to love. Ric

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

The funny thing about this is, I had lost the label and submitted a picture of the leaves to the Plant ID forum==just a day or two before this distinctive bloom opened! Black/ brown Eyed Susan of course. The alata species name might refer to the leaf stalks- I'm guessing

Thumbnail by sallyg

Here's an interesting leaf- I was asking about this in the post swap thread. Pretty sure this is Cardinal Climber.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Shenandoah Valley, VA

Holly, that is a fruit. Have you ever seen passionfruit at the grocery store? Same thing. I think most if not all of them are edible.

My American wisteria has been blooming off and on all summer. It has a nice, full flush going on right now. This is from earlier.

Thumbnail by hart
Shenandoah Valley, VA

And this is the red honeysuckle Critter brought me at the swap a couple of years ago.

Thumbnail by hart
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Here's a photo of the infamous garden cart...
Planted this year so the passi and the MGs will grow through it.
Passi in the foreground... look at all the buds on it! My first time trying a passi... must have done something right!
Front left is a pot of calibracoa...
MGs growing at the back... now climbing the wall! Includes seeds I got in absentia from Holly! :o) No blooms yet!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

love the cart.
stormyla- that may be your first morning glory but I can absolutely say for sure it won't be your last. (LOL self sowing)

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, Those MGs have stopped flowering. Maybe there won't be any self sowing.

Here's one of my first Clematis blooms.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Va_Wild_Rose, your garden cart makes an entire bed in itself.

LOL! It is almost buried in the vines of the MG and Passi now! The passi is almost done blooming but I have fruit all over. Still don't have a single MG bloom but the vines go over the bannister and are climbing the wall now!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

MG?!?!? UGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! Ok...done now...will have to snap some shots of the vines....

I saw my first MG bloom as I was running out the door for work this morning... will post photo as soon as I can upload!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Oh no morning glories are my favorites!!!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I think I like the crosses the best...you never know what to expect.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ronnie - I'll have the UPS truck drop a "couple" off for you then...ok? LOL

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I'll convert you...you will see!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Did I mention they grew UP my dwarf Magnolia and about ate my Persian Lilac??????

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

OK OK!! (mine ate my crepe myrtle!)

My first MG bloom!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

OHH Love the color of that one!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

VA_Wild_Rose That cart is just beautiful.
Luvsgrtdanes, You have very pretty MG, I remember some of your beautiful pics on the MG threads. I've finally gotten my pics downloaded so here goes. Think we will start with some MG's

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

another from by back deck

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

These are tumbling down my stairs.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Just love this Hyacinth Bean.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

One of my favorite combos this year. The Blushing Susie Vine next to the Coleus. I just haven't been able to capture the real color of the BS in this pic.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Here is the close up of the Blushing Susie this shot shows the color much better.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Holly, nice MGs, of course you know I love them all! I like your Blushing Susie, I have the plain yellow and it just isn't going anywhere. I have maybe one or two flowers every couple of days. So disappointing!

My morning glory vines are huge but have only had a few blooms so far-?
Passionflower cuttings rooting nicely and momma vine blooming and Growing!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Let's see....here's a "group" shot in the back yard....Passi (arbor) in middle - Cypress vine to back left...and the teeny orange MG vine that supposedly the hummers like to the right - not sure why the girls keep saying the back yard looks like a jungle...sheesh

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Closer shot of the birdhouse eating Cypress vine...I've been diligent at pulling up the "extras" ALL over the yard...ugh

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

And the bitty orange blooming MG that has encompassed the right side of the fence....yeah, I say they ummmm self seed a "little"

Thumbnail by Chantell

Gawd, so I'm not the only one whose vines are plotting world domination? Chantell, , er, is that a picture looking down your deck steps as they are obliterated by passi vine??
I have Cardinal climber for the first time and needs a new stick about every day. My MGs are eating my garden mailbox. My Passi is eating the oil tank (a good thing).
I think next year I'll plant the Cardinal climber at the foot of the sunflowers. They can swallow them just as the blooms are pooping out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.