Iris swap. #3

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I will pop in over there before the end of August, maybe if he has a face and I talk to his wife, it will register.

Santa Ynez, CA

Right now I will have to stop the "irises for postage" I need to get what I have done and if I have more next month or September, I will post again...thanks Marie

Santa Ynez, CA

I meant to put that post above on my iris for postage thread, sorry.......

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

thanks joyce.

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

Well, I sent out my swap iris, have not heard if they were received, nor have I received my end of the trade. *sigh*

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I can mail a box to you--I just got a couple of boxes of "for postage" iris and still have a few from dividing. If you're not in the address exchange just dmail me your shipping address and I'll get the box out to you on Monday or Tuesday.

Donna

Santa Ynez, CA

and I have not heard back from grannymarsh's partner, there have been two people so far that have not followed through and I am sorry to the people that are getting screwed out of iris, I too could send out some iris grannymarsh if you would like, just let me know............Marie Donna that is very kind of you.......

Thumbnail by makj
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Anything to help out:) I'm going to share some of what you sent me so in a way you will be sending some too:lol:

Santa Ynez, CA

LOL seems right huh, two people never dmailed me and so I don't know what else I can do, I emailed them several times.......

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Marie,

Who else hasn't gotten their end of the trade in the mail yet?

Roni

Santa Ynez, CA

Hi Roni this is for the TB swap just to let you know, but it was Gabriel25 her partner would never contact me and I tried like crazy I offered to send iris to her but she said that was ok not to, I will make a note in my swap info to flag those people so if they want to sign in next year for the swap I will personally contact them and explain why they can't does that sound fair????Marie

Marquette, MI(Zone 5a)

You are all sweet to offer, I really don't want to have you spend the time & $$'s. Heaven knows I don't "need" any more iris. It's the thought that counts and a lost chance to make new iris buddies.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Sorry Marie, I got the swaps mixed up.

Santa Ynez, CA

well grannymarsh I hope it won't keep you from being a part of the swap next year.......

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, I've got my box ready and the postage is printed so you're getting something Marsha:lol:

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I really enjoyed the swap, got great iris from my partner, but probably won't do it next year because I have more iris than I have filled most of my prepared space with iris.
But do not take this as a sign I didn't enjoy it. I did!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

You say that now... but next year when you have holes to fill you might change your mind. I was supposed to be purging my beds this year, I have more than I can shake a water hose at now. Good thing its slightly cooler and water falls from the sky (I just wish it was gentle). :)

Roni

Oh, you can always dig up more grass from somewhere....LOL Look at all the lawn mowing you are saving. If I could just figure out how to do all the weeding...........

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

hello again joyce. mr. thang has not mailed the iris to me yet so looks like we're still good to go with you picking them up. lol. and joyce, did he have candy lilies? find out when you go.

Just double checking it is the end of August/Sept correct?
I don't ever remember seeing candy lilies. I have some yellow if you just want a few, but I will ask him when I go to visit.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

maybe you can send me some seeds when you mail the spuria? y' th"a"nk? hey and if you have any old seeds that you can't trade throw them in too. the annual free for all for the flowers of fate will commence in jan. i hope.

I haven't collected seeds before. This will be the first year.
I can send you a couple of candy lilies. I will try for seeds, they are blooming now so I dont know when the seeds will set.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

well the seeds'll be ready by late aug./sept. so just stick 'em in. you don't have to send plants unless you got 'em to give. lol. and can fit 'em in that box.

Corrales, NM

I have never done a "swap" as such, but think by next year I should have lots
to divide and share. So count me in.

Taylorsville, KY

What are candy lilies?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

http://www.wiseacre-gardens.com/plants/perennial/candylily.html

pardancanda........it's a cross of irises and i forget which ones. tiny little blooms like blackberry lilies. come in pink and purple and orange and yellow. new crosses are being made.

Mamajack here are my yellow candy lilies.

Thumbnail by happgarden
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

These were planted from seed two years ago and bloomed this summer. Common name Blackberry Lily but really an iris. Would anyone like seed? I could harvest some after they finish blooming.
Mittsy

Thumbnail by mittsy

Funny, I don't know if there is a difference, Mittsy, Mamajack is what I posted what you want?

Mittsy I would love to have some seeds if you have some to spare and any help you can give me on starting them. So from germinating time to bloom was 2 years?

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

blackberry lilies are belamcanda. i think pardancanda are a cross between these and some other type of iris.

mittsy i'll take some seeds. the sib iris you sent are still alive. they were siberian, right? they have been in pots placed in standing water all summer. just another month or so and i can put them in the ground and texas can sort 'em out next summer. flowers of fate here, you know. lol.

I got those seeds in the very first seed swap I participated in. They were offered as Japanese iris orange. I love Japanese Iris and had never seen an orange one so I planted them in a terra cotta planter while I was in Cocoa Beach FL for the winter. I didn't do anything special just planted them in bagged potting soil I bought from Ace Hardware, Fafald was the brand. They germinated and started growing. If it looked like it was going below 35 degrees at night I brought the pot into the living room. I watered when the soil felt dry. When we left for Cicero, NY I brought them home with me and put in my greenhouse window until it warmed up enough to put on my pot rack on the deck. They sat there until September wnen I decided to plant in the ground. I mulched them with Naturescapes black mulch and they were on their own for the winter. They grew nicely this summer and just bloomed. I have a dozen plants and they make a nice show. Here's a picture taken July 10th 2008.

Thumbnail by mittsy

and August 14th 2008.

Thumbnail by mittsy

My camera is dying (10 year old digital) but I'll try to get a picture of the group. Here's one flower with a ruler so you can see how delicate they look.

Thumbnail by mittsy

I've put happgarden and mamajack into my tradetracker for seeds.
Mittsy

Thank you, mittsy.
I looked and it seems I will have lots of seeds from my yellow ones, mittsy would you be interested in seeds from those, I promised mamajack seeds, but if half of the seeds mature there will be scads.

Yes, I'd like to try them.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

I'd like to try some seed too, never done it before.
This frog is like me, likes to shop.

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

photo taken 4/12/09 when everything was green.

Gabriel125,
Do you want the orange ones or the yellow ones?

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

I can't decide! Really doesn't matter, I'll like either one. What do you want in exchange?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.