Iris swap. #3

Santa Ynez, CA

thought we should start a new thread:) this is Dodge city

Thumbnail by makj
Santa Ynez, CA

so far are most people that did this swap up to doing it next season????? just trying to get ideas and see if people thought this was worth doing.........

Gainesville, TX

it was well worth it to me. I love doing the swaps and making new friends.

Huntersville, NC

didnt DO it this season
- but bought enough, recently
- and have quite a bit already to do a swap
- whenever we are ready!

count me in??

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I'd be in again:) I haven't even dug up the front bed yet:lol: Plus I did buy a lot of new iris this year:) If they haven't increased enough I may have to sit it out but I'd definitely be watching for the one after that:lol:

Santa Ynez, CA

I was thinking for next year.....same kind of thing....start compiling people in March or so and see who all wants to be in it.....if all agree I think this year's went pretty good, there was one or two problems but all and all I think most people were happy????? and people that don't want to do it don't have to.....

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I got my box today, beautiful assortment of blues from Betty. Thanks so much. I'd do it again.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

i'd do it again.count me in.

La Pine, OR

I didn't join DG in time for the swap last year, but count me in for next year!

Bill

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I'm in.

Santa Ynez, CA

then if everyone is agreed we will do it again next year, I think I started that thread in March and figured that would give everyone enough time to sign up......sound ok????? and if you want me to do it again I will unless someone feels they want to do it..........

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I second your nomination of you:lol: March sounds great:)

Santa Ynez, CA

LOL, I think it would be fun to do again and there may be more people too.......

Santa Ynez, CA

and I had two people as there was one left out so I figured it would be easier to just send to two people, mama jack was one and she sent me an awesome box of iris, their was probably at least 30 iris, she did a great job....thanks so much...

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

So whatdja get? huh? huh?

Roni

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Yup! Name names!!

Santa Ynez, CA

ok, I will have to go out side and get them and I will let you all know..........noseyLOL

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Okay, I started an secret swap for median classes of irises. If you'd like to be in, go there to join. We'll only do it if we have at least 10 traders and no more than 15.

Click here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1016171/

I want in for next year, how will I know?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Most likely a blast dmail based on the interest list from this thread sometime in spring 2010. Just a guess:)

Hope so cause I will surely forget by then!

Santa Ynez, CA

I know for the TB swap I will start a thread for it.....so keep a beady open then, that is about the time we all are going a little iris stir crazy so I think you will be checking:)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Or you could just keep watching this thread and if makj pastes in a link to the new swap thread it will get to everyone who is still watching--so don't take this thread off your watch list:lol:

I like the idea of posting to this thread since we are watching it anyway.
I am not good about watching the big forums, but just every once in awhile. Not enough time in the day and I love all kinds of flowers. But course that is my problem, not everyone elses....

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Happ I started a thread for median (dwarf, intermediate, border) trade for those who are interested.

Marshall, TX

I really enjoyed the iris swap--count me in for next year, makj!

Thumbnail by karmafarms
Santa Ynez, CA

sounds good.......

Elizabethtown, think mine are all tall, except for one short I got in a trade, so I wouldn't be much fun to swap with, otherwise I would be there in a heart beat.

Santa Ynez, CA

Mamajack went overboard on me:) she sent me LOTS>>>>>>>>>
thanks again they are great...
Daughter of stars
Obiwan Kanobi
Ventian love
roman lover
decandence
safari sunset
claret mahogany
vandel spirit
nancy's lace
mojave
highland games
crusader rabbit
masterpiece
alien
magic pallette
aladen
pass the shades
mountain melody
prague
fashionably late
afternoon delight
wintery sky
witching
raspberry acres
she really spoiled me..........thanks again:)

Santa Ynez, CA

forgot one....Skipalong:)

wowzer

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i had no idea we were still talking about this trade. had to wade thru chat thread 2 and finally found yall. some people just keep turning up even though yall tried to lose me. i definitely want in on the next group trade. i have many new ones from denise and earthspinner to plant this fall. iris are the most beautiful flower in the world. thank you grandma.

Santa Ynez, CA

hey mama, you better be in next year too!!!! would you want to?? how was vacation???? did you see the dwarf swap????M

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i don't have any dwarfs to speak of. mostly tb. and yes i want in next year. absolutely.

Santa Ynez, CA

well too bad about the dwarfs, and great about the swap next year....

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

dodge city looks good to me. hint. hint. lol.

Santa Ynez, CA

LOL, hint taken:)

I have blooming 3 different stands of a yellow reblooming iris blooming now. It is just beautiful. Never had it rebloom in the middle of summer usually happens in the fall.

Huntersville, NC

Count me IN!

hey Happgarden - sound like your irises are just downright Happy!!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

joyce mr. hedgecock has our money. but he keeps getting us mixed up with other people and has told me twice he is going to mail our iris. i have reminded him twice that you are picking them up. he said aug./sept. maybe near the end of aug. you can go over there. and nice to know somebody gets rebloomers. lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.