Happy 4th everyone!!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes...tis that time to deck out all unsuspecting children in their red, white and blue....

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

The hats a must...esp. when they're too young to know better...what a cutie, eh? EIGHT months old already!!!

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thru a child's eyes...

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

A carefully supervised "Chloe-sized" one...

Thumbnail by Chantell
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

(don't you all see Chantell in Mariah's eyes? I do!)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

They are as cute as can be. We went to a friends picnic yesterday. It's a yearly tradition. Only one festive drink for Ric can't mix them with the pain meds. Today we are headed to Josh's place down on the river for a family get together. Josh picked up "another" boat this one I can water ski behind. He wants to resell it so I don't know how long it will be around so I had better get on those skis today. Haven't water skied in years. .

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL, Sally...Chloe actually found a pic in the "photo bin" and said "riah?" (read: Mariah)....I looked at the pic and it was actually Christine at Mariah's age....too funny eh?
Oh Holly, I'm jealous!!! Not that I've ever skied but it just LOOKS fun!!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Sally, I was just thinking the same thing, how much both Chloe and Mariah look like Chantell. What a pair of cuties! Love the child's eyes shot too, Chantell.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh, Chantell, Add another to the injured list. LOL I haven't water skied in years, didn't get up and the last attempt pulled a muscle in my leg. LOL We had a great time though and I will mend. Took my Dad out for a ride around the island in the golf cart, took the little motor bike out for a ride around the island, tried out the homemade slip and slide, ate, talked and watched my friends, children, grandchildren and parents have a great time.
JR, Lily and SIL.

This message was edited Jul 5, 2009 7:47 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Daughter Jen the only one that actually did make it entirely out of the water.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Daughter Julie, Almost made it out of the water but couldn't seem to keep her legs straight and took 3 tumbles before she called it quits. Isn't she a beauty and just as pretty inside.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

The slip and slide here the little ones are using it but I wasn't the only adult to give it a try. There is a long hill and this thing really goes far.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Son Jamie opted for the knee board instead of the water skis, here is JR dreaming of being big enough to try out the knee board. I have an old VCR tape with his Unc Josh doing knee board tricks must get it out and let him watch.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

What fun....now THAT slip -n- slide's right up MY alley!!! Beautiful family you have Holly!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Looks like you all had a great time.

We went up to our old neighborhood for a bbq at the house of one of the girls I grew up with. She bought a house 2 down from her parents and 3 over from my old house(on a lake). The only thing we miss about living up there is the lake.
My friend did an amazing job with the house and the yard(a former pet adoption house 20 somethng cats and 5 dogs, had to change ALL the floors and new sheetrock 4' and under) I wish I would have brought my camera, her gardens were gorgeous. Or maybe it just seemed that way because I remember how they used to look.

All the flors and half the walls---can only imagine how that smelled when she was looking to buy! Smart her tho.
We did not go to any fireworks--these kids are a bit bored with that, plus the ones we could choose, the traffic is so crazy afterwards. Actually, there's a great one w/in walking of the house I grew up in. It was great then, but Mom's not up to having us all coming back there at ten fifteen and then hanging there till near midnight to be able to leave the area.
This year my brother and his son were here visiting, and they came to our house for a volleyball 'tournament' very unruly, as in, let's just keep the ball in the air and cheer every good shot. There were a lot of amateur fireworks around us. And a few in our yard which the dog went berserk at. Protecting the herd, or mad that she couldn't fly in the air to chase those 'balls'? And onr neighbor who was doing yard work on the evening of the fourth--whiz goes the string trimmer...We should have invited him to volleyball.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, The remark about going to your Moms house for fireworks reminded me of a story. My Grandmother moved into a high-rise right in downtown Hbg. it was for seniors. When Jamie was very young we would go to the deck on the roof of the building it was the place to be to watch the fireworks they burst right in front of you. One day Jamie said to lets go to grandmas and have her make us some fireworks. He thought it was something she did just for him. LOL

isn't that sweet!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.