Some Blooms From Today

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Robert, Could this one be "Whipped Cream" by any chance.

Wilfred

"Whipped Cream"

This message was edited Jul 12, 2009 12:03 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Sorry to bother you Robert, but would happen to know the name for this also.

Wilfred

"Evangeline"

This message was edited Jul 12, 2009 12:05 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Wilfred,
No bother at all. You have whipped cream & Evangeline.

Take care,
Robert.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thanks Robert, very much appreciated.

Wilfred

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow! I got two of the names right! Look out I'm getting dangerous lol.

Herceg Novi, Montenegro

Wilfred,
you are so lucky whan you have chance to buy all that nice flowers,here in my country we do not have in nursery this cv hibiscus at all.But for love of beautifull flowers I try on many diferent ways to come to them ;-)

Okijaner, if you are interested in cuttings when it's time for me to start prunning, I'd be glad to send you some. Just sharing the love...Let me know...dee

Mol, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Olja, during the last two there was a nursery in UK that sold Dupont varieties but this year it closed as the heating costs were too high. I bought several varieties from them but I lost most last Winter. In Autumn we can exchange wood as you have nice varieties I haven't.

Regards

Carlos

Mol, Belgium(Zone 8a)

BTW, Wilfred, nice varieties, easy to grow by cuttings as most of Dupont varieties. I had several of the ones you showed but I think only Bon Temps survives.

Regards

Carlos

Herceg Novi, Montenegro

Guamsorbit,Carlo,I am alweys ready for share,we will share cuttings when season of prunning comes ,it will mean lot to me,thank friends!

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

I'd like to get in this mix too! I may have some to share. How big do they need to get. pot size, before getting trimmed?

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Count me in Olja, I will also send you some cutting from my collection, like the rest, just sharing the love like Dee said. Remember what I mentioned to you before on your tread about Karma, every thing you do on to other comes back ten folds. Need your Mailing address through D-mail to send you some cutting,

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP

Good question Debbie! Hope someone has a good answer lol :-)

Herceg Novi, Montenegro

Hello Davis,
I am not shure what is poting size,but plant must be big enough that you still have some wood on it after prunning ;-) little joke,plant old one year is ready for cutting,but it is bether to wait second year for doing that.At first year you could get of only top with new leaves so new branch grow.
I am shure someone from "older" will explain better.
For sending woods it is wery inportant that they are not green,they must gett that wood look with brown bark little,than they are redy to travel,and you must both side cover with graft wask.

Herceg Novi, Montenegro

"when it's time for me to start prunning?"
Well first year I prunned in spring,last autumn my plants were big enough so I cut them once more,but for rooting and graft "older" say that spring is best,because high temperature witch is needed for grow.

(when I say "older" I meen people with more expirience)

Olja

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

oh ok, I get it now. The stem should be "woody", I'll see how fast that happens to the ones I've got now. According to your definition of "older", I must finally be "younger" than something! :-)

Thanks Olja,
debbie

Herceg Novi, Montenegro

We are than "young" in this together ;-)

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Here is another I brought at the festival with no name tag on her.

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

"Stolen Kiss" re-bloomed for me again today.

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Herceg Novi, Montenegro

I like "Stolen Kiss"

Mol, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Wilfred, the last unknown one can be "Bienvenue". It has many faces.

Regards

Carlos

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Hope your right Carlos, than I'll have a name for her.

Wilfred

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

This is how she looks now Carlos

Wilfred

" Bienvenue "

Thumbnail by WQP
Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow Carlo! I'm impressed. I wouldn't have thought that first picture was Bienvenue, but seeing the second picture; it sure does look like pictures I've seen. What a knack you have for identifying hibbies.

It just glows doesn't Wilfred. Very pretty!!!!

Patty

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

You wouldn't believe how beautiful it looks in person Patty, If you don't have it you should try a get one, its fabulous colors are so outstanding. you know patty, I'm very grateful to Carlos for his help in naming a lot of my hibs that I would have never known there names if it wasn't for him and Robert, both are very knowledgeable of hibs, to them both goes my deepest Thanks.

Wilfred

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Here's another one I purchase at the festival, no name tag to it. Its almost have the size of "Stolen Kiss" and petal edge is a nice soft yellow and the red-wine color in the throat is less pronounced to.

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Here is a photo of comparison of both of them.

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

This one I also got at festival.

Wilfred

" New Orleans "

Thumbnail by WQP
Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

This one was called Pink Lemonade when I bought it, but I think it was Robert that said it looked by Bienvenue so maybe I do have one. I do like it a lot. Anything that is bright and has pink always catches my eye.

We are fortunate to have such knowledgeable & helpful hibbie people on this forum, yourself included Wilfred. I have to say the hibbie forum is one of the most welcoming forums to newbies. I've been on DG for going on four years I believe and this one has been the best for helping me to learn about my newest addiction.

Many thanks to all your experts who are willing to share your info and knowledge with us newbies!

Patty

Thumbnail by phughes
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

It's a great looking bloom Patty. It's a tough call as to whether its "Bienvenue" as I've just looked at several pictures of Bienvenue and it looks like it can have several "looks". Glad you're liking it and feeling welcome here in the hibiscus forum. I think it measures "way up there" on the friendly/helpful scale.
Jon

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Your Bienvenue is gorgeous Patty, also glad you like the forum and your always welcomed here, hope you stay with us a very, very long time on this forum.

Here is another I puchase at the festival, I got 5 to 6 more hibs that haven't bloom yet but as soon as they do, I'll post them.

Wilfred

" Hilo "

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Yes, Yes, Yes, another one from the festival I purchase just opened for me, do not completely opened yet, will take another photo later in the day and post it. this is another one that didn't have name tag on her.

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.