Some Blooms From Today

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

I don't know their names, I got them in a flower festival yesterday and they had no name tags on them but they are surely beautiful.

Wilfred

"Bon Temps"

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 6:51 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Look at the size compared to my hand.

Wilfred

"Bon Temps"

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 7:21 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Here's another one with no name tag.

Wilfred

"Stolen Kiss"

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 7:00 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10b)

Great Find Wilfred.....Nice blooms. The third one looks like Stolen Kiss but I might be wrong.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

If the first one is big, notice the different size to the second one.

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thanks Jon, I couldn't believe it my self, since they don't sell the really big one over here anywhere. I got there a little late so I missed out on some other one they had that sold out pretty fast the owner told me. but at least I got a few they still had, around 10 of them for $10.00 each, busted my wallet but worth it.

This is the third one with no name tag.

Wilfred

"Whipped Cream"

This message was edited Jul 12, 2009 2:25 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Here they are together, The Three Musketeers

Wilfred

Thumbnail by WQP
Huber Heights , OH(Zone 5b)

Nice blooms Wilfred, good price too. We got a real good deal on some nice plants from triedandtrue, we bought 15 plants for 5.00 a piece, and they were good size.

10.00 each is a great price. Well worth it for sure....

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Now thats a good deal Patrick, going to have to take a look and see what they have that I like from them, thanks.

Wilfred

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Jon, I hope the other 7 come out as nice as these did since when I got there, it was late in the afternoon and all the bud were closed and the blooms spent. just had to take the sellers word when I brought them.

Wilfred

Hi Wilfred, They are done with there ordering right now , Randy said they will resume taking orders in september. The 5 dollars was there end of season sale

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Why, Why, Why me, scrap!!! always get there to late. LOL! Oh well, better luck next time around. Thanks Patrick

Wilfred

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

I need a flower festival here like you have there!!! Way to go Wilfred!

p.s. The white one looks like it might be Whipped Cream...maybe?

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thanks Dee, they hold this festival every year from the last week of June until the Sunday after the 4th of July, they have all sort of tropical plants there for sell. you wouldn't believe it unless you saw it. I usually try to get the ones I don't have or hard to get down here. the festival is held at the center of the island way up in the mountain range at a place called Aibonito, if you try to translate it, it would sound something like Oh! how beautiful.

Wilfred

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

beautiful Wilfred! I like bright yellow on the first pic & the 3rd pic, looks like the edges have been picoteed! Very nice, good job! Glad to see you got your camera back. ;-)

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice blooms Wilfred. Jon is definitely right about the second one. It just has to be "Stolen Kiss". It's an exact match. The first one has the form and same colors of "Bon Temps" but I have a feeling it isn't because the pink isn't pronounced as much in the center. I have no idea on the third one. Perhaps Dee is correct? They're cool and that's what matters most.
Jon

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Jon, the First one had the pink more pronounced in the morning but faded away during the day since the sun was hitting it all day and I took the photos around 2:30 in the afternoon, I checked Bon Temps in the plant files but noticed that mien had more ruffles around the inner part of the petals. The second one sure looks exactly like "Stolen Kiss" so it must be, and the third one hopefully somebody will know and tell me, also the first one.
Thanks Debbie, got the camera back around 2:00pm and ran out as soon as I could to take photos of the hibs.

Wilfred

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Here are some more from the flower festival that opened today.

Wilfred

"Evangeline"

This message was edited Jul 12, 2009 12:02 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Here's another one that looks like "Stolen Kiss" also, but this one has more pinkish color to it, the other one has more yellowish to it, now come the question, I went back to the plant file and they also have to photos of it one pinkish and one yellowish, I also noticed that both flowers in the plant file and on mien that the flower petals wind in different directions, the pinkish tone ones in one direction and the yellowish ones the opposite direction so they must be two different hib that came from different seedling of the same parent crossing, what you thing.

Wilfred

p.s. there is a significant difference in sizes, the yellowish one is almost double the size of the pinkish one.

"Stolen Kiss"

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 7:23 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

This is on i brought from another vendor at the festival and it had a tag with name on her.

"Nashville"

Wilfred

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 7:50 PM

Thumbnail by WQP

Wilfred,

They are really nice blooms, I like the soft colors of the yellow and pink together.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

And this one is yet another I purchase at the festival. It hasn't opened completely yet.

Wilfred

"Heat Flash"

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 6:56 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thanks Patrick, now I have some new hib gens to cross pollinate with, this are quit big compered to most of the ones I got, here's a close-up of the center of the last photo. it has like a dark fuschia center if you can see it

Wilfred

"Heat Flash"

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 7:24 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Nice blooms again Wilfred. Nice "Stolen Kiss" bloom today. It can be hard to identify considering there are thousands of them out there in the world.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

That's right Jon, just wish I had them all, LOL! Would probably need a 100 acres of land for them and a thousand helpers plus a river of water, and I would name it Hibiscus Heaven Park.

Thanks Jon,
Wilfred

Herceg Novi, Montenegro

So beautifull!

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thank you okijaner, nice to hear it from someone who has lots of beauties them self.

Wilfred

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Here's another one from the festival that bloomed today. no name tag on her.

Wilfred

"Cosmic Dancer"

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 7:02 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

And another with no name.

Wilfred

"Persimmon"

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 7:25 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Same one from another point of view.

Wilfred

"Persimmon"

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 6:54 PM

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

This is a new photo of the first one that bloomed today again.

Wilfred

"Bon Temps"

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 6:51 PM

Thumbnail by WQP

Hi Wilfred!

Your double looks like my Persimmon...

d

Thumbnail by guamsorbit
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

You could be right Dee, lets see what anyone else has to say, but they sure look the same. Dee, where did you get your or where is it from.

Wilfred

Herceg Novi, Montenegro

so nice!

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thanks Olja,

Wilfred

I got mine from the Buried Treasures co-op this spring. Here is a link to their site:
http://www.buried-treasure.net/productscat.php?catid=70

They are all Great Wilfred... You really scored some nice ones...

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi wilfred,

Some beauties!!!

The last 2 are Bon Temps and Guams Orbit it right it's persimmon. The yellow you have from the 5th with the close up on the throat is Heat Flash. The first post from today the 10th is cosmic dancer. The other one on the 5th besides stolen kiss, Heat flash and nashville is Evangeline. Great growing and great finds!!!

Robert

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thanks Dee, Jon, and Robert, now I got some name's to go with this beauties. I'm going to edit them, let me know if I get it right.

Wilfred

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.