Critters Big and Small Vol 1

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I'm starting this thread, for everyone, who wish to share their photos of wildlife. It can be the big Elephant to the tiny bugs. Pictures can be old or new. Come share with everyone, and make this an exciting thread.

My first for today, is a skunk in my flower bed, last night.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

This Red Squirrel was keeping us company, one afternoon. He would lay on the branch, and look at us.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

An Osprey, by the highway. I've posted this on the bird watching forum, so some of you might have seen it.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A great camouflage for this small moth.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A black bee, in the grass. Anyone knows the name of it, feel free to mention it. Same goes for the moth.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

This squirrel finished up the chopped peanuts in the feeder then decided to munch on a few of my blooms.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

One of our local black-tailed deer was looking for tasty leaves on our Toyon trees.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Our newest twins (black-tailed deer).

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Burn I forgot to tell you that I loved all your pictures, especially the skunk. I've been getting whiffs of one around our house, but haven't located it yet for pictures.

Another of our twins.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Hey duc, I've been so busy, lately, wasn't on here for a while.Thanks for posting.
Love the twins fawns. Very adorable. And the Squirrel pic is very nice as well.
I was taking my GKs for a ride , and stopped in at this pond, by a road, and got a few shots of some frogs

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Here's the second one.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Lots pf dragonflies there as well.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Great pictures burn! Those frogs look so large to me and that dragonfly is sure pretty. Bet the kids enjoyed that stop and the critters.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Oh I just found this you guys...how cool! Very neat pics...Love the skunk pic!!

Lots and lots of bunnies here!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Had this deer stroll by a week or so ago...pic taken thru the front window.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Back on the 7th...I was walking the dog and came across this one. I haven't seen any fawns yet. DH saw a big buck in the neighbors yard monday morning!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Hey nice to see you here. Great deer pics, and cute bunny . Have to drive a few miles to see those kinds of wildlife.

Mallards duck soaking in the sun.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

While vacationing in Ottawa 2 years ago, we had went to my sister's cottage, for a few days. While sitting on the back patio, one night, we had 6 newly hatched snapping babies turtles, appearing from the newly dug flower bed, my sister at worked in that day. This is one of them eying a bug.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Here's another pic of the skunk showing the claws.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

About 4 years ago when our youngest GD was around 5 she found a baby Snapping Turtle...a lesson was learned that day about picking up wild animals!! lol

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Ouch!!!, didn't think they'd snap when so small.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 8:48 PM

Sighted the spotted backs of two fawns....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Fawn #1

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Fawn #2

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Not sure which one of the fawns this was....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Mom..watching me and getting nervous....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Told the kids it was time to go and left!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Twins!!! great shots. You were faster then I was last week. Seen a Doe with a fawn, but the fawn race out into the woods. got the back end of the doe though. :))

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Heading out toward where her baby went. They had just cross the road in front of us.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Brought my GK to a large pond, to see all sort of wildlife. Seen this frog resting near the side of the pond.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

And this dragonfly sitting pretty on a piece of wood.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Lots of leeches in that water.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Nice pics everyone. The fawns are just too cute, with their stubby noses.

I went chasing a skunk last night for a picture, but he went into the ferns. I have never seen one like this. He had the longest fur, all white on top and black on the bottom. His hair stuck up straight on his body and tail. Really punk looking. What a great looking skunk.

The dog saw him and backed up. I was confused and then thought he may have mistook the guy for a porcupine the way the hair was sticking up. Thank goodness he backed away!
Sorry, no picture.

Awww... it sounds cute!! I saw a group of 6 raccoons crossing the road down a bit from the house last night a little after 9 so too dark to get pics. We also were watching a young doe over in our neighbors yard trying to get apple off the tree!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Cparts, Would have love to see that one with it's hair up. :)
I have seen 2 different types here too. the one above on this thread, and the one with the stripes.
Not a very good picture, as it was taken in poor light.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A beaver at work, hauling a branch to it new home.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Seen a cub bear cross the road in from of my van, 2 days ago. Didn't have time to take a picture. It ran in the woods, up a slope. Mama , might have been not to far behind. Had to turn around and go warn a man and his son, who were walking up the road not far from there. That would have made my day, to have a pic of that, but enjoyed seeing it just the same.
In April, I came upon this family of red fox. Here is the Mama.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

One of the babies.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

another one.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

In all, I counted 4 babies.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.