CLOSED: Free Seed for Newbies!! Come on in!! 07-01-09 New thread!!

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I was so far away from figuring that one out... But strangely so close...

ants

I'm down here taking bows for winning and so what did I win????

Just say it we all went nuts!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

OK - we're all nuts, and borderline insane, so that makes perfect sense. However, unfortunately, I feel some of us have crossed over into insane country already.

I won't mention any names (cough - mekos - cough)

THANK YOU< THANK YOU< THANK YOU. TAKING a BOW now. Just lovely- What did I win? No one said.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

i think it's going to be a surprise? from the nut?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Thankyou Thank you locakelly I love being called a nut if it was me you where talking about.

mekos I have your address right?

ok here is what it is Ta Da A drum roll Please. A pink brugmansia.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

A pink brug? Oh, mekos that is so cool!!

You're welcome for the compliment flower, from one nut to another ;^)

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

Beautiful plant :)

ants

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2902/

Is it this one, Frosty Pink?

VERY pretty!!

OH. THank you BUNCHES. THANK YOU. I love them. When loca was talking about it being a surprise from the nut, I was thinking ,,, Yes, the main nut. But I thought she was talking about arejay. NOT you my flower. You are no nut, surely YOU didn't thunk up that nut stuff.

That was the first one I ever got and the gold one, and a white one. My white one died from ants burrowing in it and I still have my pink and gold ones. I love them so much. Always room for one more. I have the tripple yellow and tripple purple/white planted, can't wait for blooms on them all.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I am not really sure that it is the frosty pink but it seems like I remember the lady I got them from said it was ,but like I said I am not going to swear to it. I have several more that I am wanting to get rid of so if anyone wants to trade for one let me know.

mekos I won't send this out until Monday and will ship priority mail as it is so warm and don't want it to die in transit.

flower

That is ok, I appreciate it. Thank you so much. I love it. Got to go out for a while but will be back for tonight's game.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Is anyone here??? THere will be when you all hear this one... But be forewarned!!!

NO FAINTING ALLOWED!!!
If you Faint You are automatically disqualified!! That is the RULE no exceptions....
All Newbies Take Note!! This is one you do not want to miss!! I will close this thread at 6pm and post a new one. All the details will be in the new post.

LISTEN CLOSE
Red White and BLUE scramble Tonight!! I will post at seven to give everyone time to get home and ready to type!!
This scramble will be for a box of 12 to 15 Red , White and Blue Irises!! Donated by ( I will tell you who on the new thread) here at DG.
They are beautiful I have pictures!! I will post the pictures when I post the new thread. 12 to 15 all for ONE lucky newbie...Tall Bearded Irises !! Can you imagine the luck !! You guys are lucky!!
Now that is a true box of seed.....

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Way cool, Robin. Some nice folks on DG, 'eh?

Can me and mekos play or no?

Either way I will be following the party - lol...

Gotta go grab some lunch now - be back later . . .

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Everyone can play as long as you are a newbie

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Everyone tell your friends go post on the threads you know there are new people on so everyone will know.....
The welcome Mat the beginner flowers all those Ready , Set , Go. These are beautiful!!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Am I a newbie? Please? I can't solve anything anyway but like to try?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes Flower !! Post and tell where you go ok...

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Whaddya mean where I go? I am not going anywhere you can twist my arm ,beat me or what ever and I am staying right here LOL

Wow Just in time to Congrat Flower!!! Looks like everyone is still playing strong. Arejay you have dmail. See ya tonight back to the sun. :)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Remember new thread and new scramble at 7pm!! 12 to 15 red, white and blue tall bearded Irises!!
One Winner..........everyone can play only rule is you have to be a newbie.....Oh and absolutely no fainting allowed!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

and why would we faint pray tell? Are you gonna post a big scary picture for us or something????

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Robin... wouldnt THAt scramble be the better one for the Holiday??? seems so, since that is more like a threefor.. three colors, 15 bulbs... THAT should be the holiday scramble :)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Nope tonight is the Irises tonight !!!! I am on vacation tomorrow remember!! 7pm 12 to 15 Irises Red, white and clue...could be just for you....see Cue ...I am a poet too.....

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I think Robin's been doing too much packing today . . .

See you all at 7!

Where is the new thread. I just got home. With a dozen, count them, a dozen beautiful Hemlock trees. Might even donate one for a scramble one night. Hello robin, loca, cue,flower, hello margaret are you here? Blondie will be shortly.

Orlando, FL

hi all i just got back from the store did i miss anything, oh yeah if you blink you miss something here

Which forum will we be going to , for the unscramble?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Which one do you want?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

one we can find easily - lol

Hi, everyone. Mekos you have d-mail!

Just want to find which one we'll be using. AND tell blondie not to be distracting me with d-mails all night tonight. I need irises. Red white and blue. Did you see, I got Hemlock trees today? Would you like to have one? I thought we might do a scramble if you want to one night for one too, if anyone else wants one. Beautiful little evergreen tree with tiny little pine cones, and lacey leaves.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

How about this one is that easy?Not this thread but this forum

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

yes - this one will work just fine

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ok here it comes leave the top two post for me ok!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

ok

Cocoa, FL(Zone 9a)

Hello,

I guess I'm kind of a newbie myself, I've been off and on this site for a few months now but haven't really had a chance to get an into depth introduction with everyone here. I have a small veggie garden and am working on starting my very own flower garden. I've started some Cosmos (aka Mexican Aster) and am holding my breath on hopefully getting some Johnny Jump Up, Blanket Flower, African Daisy, and Petunia to grow. I have had wonderful success in growing African Violets and Tea Roses but have not had the courage to attempt to grow cuttings or seeds from my own plants except from my Vegetable plants. However, I'm always in the mood of improving my gardening skills as well as learning new ways of caring for my lovely plants as well as watching them grow from seeds into beautiful vibrant plants.

Here's a picture of a bloom from my Blue Girl Tea Rose from the end of 2009.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and hope one day to be able to send my own care packages of seeds and/or cuttings to future new DGers. I hope I've posted this in the right thread as I've been jumping threads to catch up to the most current..lol If not I'm sorry and hope to make it up to everyone ;)

Thumbnail by SilverTigris

HI Silver

Welcome! You're in the right place. Glad to have you join us. Your rose is beautiful. This is how we all started. If you haven't gotten a free seed package from Arejay feel free to send a self stamped envelope for them. We all contribute and you'll find lots of companions to add to your garden. Arejay is the seed mama and if you'll dmail her your address she'll tell you where to send your envelope.

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Welcome SilverTigris glad to have you come and join us. Did you send in for your free seeds from Arejay59 yet? If not please do so she'll be happy to send you some.

And do come and introduce yourself on the Newbee Chat Thread here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1078031/

We love meeting new people over there so don't be shy jump right in and if you need help with anything just let us know over there and someone will be sure to help you.

Welcome to Dave's hope you enjoy it.

Margaret

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.