Schizolobium parahyba Tower tree

Anaheim, CA

I have purchased a tower tree (Schizolobium parahyba) It has been in the ground for about 2 months and some of the leaves are turning yellow, is this a problem?

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

you watering it? Could be transplant shock... all the leaves or just the leaves on the lowest branch (that's normal)?

Anaheim, CA

I beleive the water it needs is normal, I did just check and it is the lowest branch which is starting to yellow, so that makes me feel good thanks for your help Palmbob

Tilaran, Costa Rica

That's one of the fastest growing trees in the world.It'll go 30 feet in 2 years under the right conditions and they do drop a lot of branchlets being so fast.
I have a bunch of them in my gardens here in Costa Rica. It'll start flowering in 3 years and drops almost all of it's branches in the winter so don't worry.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

The 'branch' is actually a leaf, they have very large twice-pinnate leaves, up to 3' long. They usually don't start to branch until they close to 20' tall. So you are really just loosing a leaf.

David

Tilaran, Costa Rica

Hey David. Have you had them flower there ? I could only get a few flowers when I was stuck in Miami.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 10a)

I do not have one but i saw one near orlando that was flowering

Anaheim, CA

I have a Travelrs Palm for about 3 years now It has 19 leaves and healthy about 18 fet tall. Normally when a new leaf comes out it is in the center of the palm, however as I check on my palm I noticed that there were 4 new leaves coming out at the same time in different places, this is the first time I have had more than one leaf at a time and in different locations, Is this a problem, or just a happy palm? Also how long before the Palm trunks?

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

photo?

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

They can begin developing multiple growing points, although normally (at least in my experience), they start doing this after they have started forming a trunk. But who am I to tell the plant when to start forming new growing points! Yes, a pic would help us see what you are describing . . .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.