Mock Orange Fragrance

Mount Airy, MD

Very helpful. I think I will see if I can order a O. fragrans 'Aurantiacus'. Just for fun.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

I was going to order one too but their minimum order is $30. The plant is $16. So, if I get 2 3 qt. plants she said the s/h would be $23.50. Around $55 just to get the one plant. So, I guess I will think on it for a bit.

I doubt I could find them closer since they are not hardy to our zone.

Jeanette

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I know it's hard to imagine but their plants are worth it. The weight on these babies explains the shipping costs. I tried for a year to find that particular Sweet Olive else where and was unsuccessful. There are other shrubs etc. if you were looking for something else....i.e. gardenias and such. Another thing a friend and I do is to order together. If you have another DGer interested in something they have you can order together and split the s/h.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

The description in their catalog makes them so tempting.

Jeanette

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Do you have another DGer local to you Jeanette? Or simply treat yourself to a 2nd plant...LOL

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the suggestions Chantell. Since it is not a plant that we can plant outside in this area most people don't want them. I just barely would have a place in my house where one would get enough light in the winter, let alone 2.

Now, my daughter has had the seeds planted for about a month now and they have not germinated. I don't know how long they would take. If I knew for sure they were not going to I would order them, one for her and then myself. But, since she planted them I hate to buy her a plant now.

Probably by the time we give up on the seeds this nursery will be out of stock.

That is my luck.

Jeanette

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahhh I'm sorry....they do have a large selection of plants though...wouldn't have to be 2 of the same plant. You must be "up" there....I always thought of ya'll being zone 7 too.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

LOL, I wish. Yes, I am sure I could find another plant out of all they have. Thanks for the help. I will let you know what I do. Now, which one did you get? And which size. She suggested I get the 3 qt. size due to the distance.

Jeanette

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Looked to be around a 1 gal size....I wasn't aware they came in different sizes...LOL

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Maybe they knocke the soil off to ship it and that makes it 3 qt. Don't know how else you could do it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.