Nutmeg's gonna be a mom!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Look how green those lil legs are! That is just so cute! Blue egger for sure huh?

Love the black and white one too.. Love em all..

edited to add.. we crossed..

Yes, chipmunk is partridge.. :) comes free with eyeliner..

This message was edited Jun 30, 2009 8:19 PM

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

i LoVe the eyeliner! its so cute. i was so happy to have ones with eyeliner.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

If you look at the 2 pictures fast, it looks like nutmeg is thinking "what am I going to do with all these kids?"

Kent, WA

So cute! I love the black and white one. they are all adorable! Nutmeg is beautiful also. Nice to put a face to her after all the stories we have heard. :) Chickens are great aren't they?

Bridgewater, ME

They are so sweet!

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

ZZsBabiez wrote;"Look how green those lil legs are! That is just so cute! Blue egger for sure huh?"

ZZ, is that true with all chickens, or just some? Three of my Turkens have green legs...(hopinghopinghoping)

Pine Grove, PA(Zone 6a)

What great pictures and what beautiful birds. Congratulations and thanks you for sharing this wonderful event with us.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

ur very welcome & thank u for all the wonderful advice while i was attempting to lose my mind waiting for them to hatch out the last two days. 2morrow or Friday I will get face shots of all so ZZ can tell me whats a roo.. gonna pray real hard tonight she sees NO roos.

lol i was soo happy to have babies I haven't inspected their feet. I didn't even know it had green legs. Now I'll have to go look. Be nice if they all turn green.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

here is pic of baby #1

If anyone notices that I have doubles of babies sorry.. the lil white ones are hard to tell apart & I didn't have another box to stick them in as I took pictures. only one of them has a name so far.. can't tell from the pic.. but I know it when I see it. been calling it Midget bc its so tiny.

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby #1 pic 2 sorry forgot that ZZ has asked for both a front pic & side pic so there are 2 pics of each baby as best as I could get the lil buggers to hold still.

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby#2 pic 1

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
(Zone 7b)

Awwwww that is so cute it reminds me of my bunny's all cute and soft

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby #2 pic 2

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby #3 pic 1

i did notice in doing this that the 3 chipmunks are easy to tell apart when u really look, the eyeliner is slightly different on each chick.

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby3 pic 2

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby 4 pic 1

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby 4 pic 2

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby 5 pic 1

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby 5 pic 2

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby 6 pic 1

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby 6 pic 2

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby 7 pic 1 my darling lil black & white one I love sooo much.

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby 7 pic 2

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby 8 pic 1

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

baby 8 pic 2

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

and bc i think this pic is cute.. baby 8 pic 3

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

no baby pic # 9 bc i can't figure out which white one i didn't photograph... They are awful to tell apart other than Midget is sooo much smaller than everyone else but that's the one i kinda um.. helped along a bit.

(Zone 7b)

I see roo's it's #2 and #4
#3 is a hen so is #5 and i'm guessing on #1 hen can't see a good shot of the comb

(Zone 7b)

#6~Hen #7~Hen #8~ Roo

This message was edited Jul 5, 2009 9:30 PM

(Zone 7b)

Hopes it okay that i guessed ............

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

*wrinkles nose* its fine.. just dont' want roos.. they can't stay. I have enough roo's.

number 4 is Mr. nosey.. i'd already guess it was a roo most likely.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

I see baby chicks :) LOL
Not about to guess at this age here :)

(Zone 7b)

Oh Kassy it's just a guess i go by the comb most slick heads are hens where as most that have a small comb are roos.
(yes i spend too much time with chickens)

5 hens and 3 roos isn't that bad and remember we haven't done #9 yet

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

I know harmony, I was just kidding.......LOL :)
But I do see chicks, cute ones :)

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

lol i can't find number 9.. just a bundle of white chicks. I need someone to help or i need a temp box to put the ones i've photographed in..

its just a lot unless I do like my neighbor & teach my chicks to stay together as a group by who they were raised with. I already have like 7 roos but if they grew up with a group(which they were all with separate groups) I hate to separate the group bc they get all stressed & act like they are looking for the lost sibling.

here is a pic of the group .. I think only 8 tho bc # 9 is mama's baby & doesn't much leave her side.

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
(Zone 7b)

Oh don't worry the pics were great and i don't want the chicks or the mom stressed.
Theres no need for sexing now they will all show you what they are in good time ;~)

**Enjoy** them they are only this little and cute for such a short time {:~)

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

o i meant when they grow up I'll have to figure out what to do. i wouldn't' take them from the mom right now that's just cruel.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

The chipmunks chicks look like the game chicks we get.

(Zone 7b)

Oh no greykyttn i didn't mean taking them away i meant no need to stress them out with taking pics LOL

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

#9 died. Its head was super flat, kinda looked like mama had stood on him like she sometimes does.

on a lighter note...

I love Nutmegs happy food dance...

left foot in, scratched & kick, left foot out, right foot in, scratch & kick, right foot out, left foot in, scratch & kick, oops a chick goes flying...

I feel awful for the babies that are getting flying lessons but its so cute when she does her little dance.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.