Nutmeg's gonna be a mom!

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

ok the other thread was getting long & hard for even me to follow so I'm starting a new one. that way I can post pics & you wont' have to hunt for them.

update:

I HEARD PEEPING!

:o) from the eggs in the rear of the box, there is at least one peeping. very loudly. Mom swears I'm hearing things but I'm not. There is noise! now.. how long do they peep before they crack the shell?

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

I heard one peeping in the shell one night and by morning, it was out

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

:( thats too long to wait. I normally have amazing patience... but not tonight! I may be up for awhile just watching to see what happens.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

You may be up a long time..........LOL
The one I heard peeping was still wet in morning, so he had just made his way out.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

sigh.. well i was guessing i was about 12 hrs off on teh time frame.. so that woudl push me back to about noon tomorrow for them to start hatching... which is when its suppose to be back to 95 again. They'd be happier if they hatched right now.. its 69 degrees.. its cool.. its nice...

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Mine peeped about 24 hours before they hatched! Better get some sleep!!

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

LOL

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

greykyttyn.....do you see any breaks in the eggs yet?
I think you better get some sleep, because it takes them a long time to hatch out. They have to rest between breaking the shell. Hard work for a little chick.

(Zone 7b)

Yes Greykyttyn it takes a long time for them to hatch and takes alot of patience to wait.
Nutmeg knows just what to do get some rest and by morning you could have some chicks :~)

Oh and **Congratulations**

Pine Grove, PA(Zone 6a)

I know I'm being pushy, but I just can't wait any longer, I checked last night and now this morning. I've been following this post since Nutmeg went missing. Like a good book, I'm waiting for the happy ending. Are they here yet? How many hatched? Oh please, please, please come online and let us know. And please post pictures if you have time.

Conroe, TX

YAY! Can't wait to hear they hatched and can't wait to see pictures.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

Sorry.. a friend called about midnight & asked me to go out for awhile. I crashed when I got home, checked on her at 3 am, no chick but at 5 am.......

WE HAVE A BABY!

Can't take a pic yet but I will soon. Its so tiny! like the size of a ping pong ball when its laying down. Its a creamy pale yellow color at this point. Its so loud I can't tell if anyone else is peeping or not so I guess the waiting game as really started. Mama is quite proud. She even pushed it out to the front so I could see.. either that or she was tired of me poking at her to see if there was a baby yet.

o & i was so impatient bc i want to see one actually hatch... plus i wanted to know she was going to have at least one that was good. She worked so hard on this she needed at least one baby out of all those eggs.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Congratulations!!

Conroe, TX

YAY!!! Can't wait for the pictures. Proud mama and baby.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

I went & looked again. Still just that one. Its soo cute. Its got a huge head, makes it kinda look like a bobble head chicken. probably not that huge but I've never seen one just born. Its still a pale yellow color so I in my half awake sleepiness earlier saw correctly. Its just so tiny. I know its a bantam but still. Its super small. if it curled up it could fit inside a ping pong ball easily. I'll get a pic at lunch time. :) o & it came out of one of the blue shells so its either Nutmegs or Cloves egg. I can't tell if anymore are peeping. Its too noisy now during the day to hear something that quiet. This has to be a girl.. has too be. its too cute for me to ever consider getting rid of it. SHE needs a sister.. so we need at least one more egg to hatch. :-)

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

TWO MORE BABIES!!!

a creamy yellow one & a black with what appears to be a yellow chipmunk stripe

Just hatched at 12:30 pm.

*does happy dance* We've got chickies!

Congrats Gk!!

Conroe, TX

Yay! I bet they are so adorable. Bantam size chicks are so very small, but will grow so fast.

Bridgewater, ME

I was gone for awhile but as soon as I got home I checked to see if she had any babies yet,can`t wait to see picutres.

Pine Grove, PA(Zone 6a)

Congratulations. What a wonderful story and such a happy ending.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Yipeeeeeee!!! This is so exciting! Congratulations!!! How fun.. I'm so happy for you!

I can't wait for pics!!!!

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

one more was born while i was in town! kinda a grayish color with yellows & whites on it, well.. as of now, its still a bit on the damp side. 3 eggs have little holes pecked in them somewhat so at least 3 more are coming out. But its sooo hot. I wish they'd hurry so they don't die from heat stroke. She won't get off of them at this point & they all are just panting.

here's the first chick

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Conroe, TX

awwww so so adorable. Sounds like you are going to get a whole brood of them if they all hatch.
Our last two hatched in horrible heat and they are fine now so I'm sure your little ones will be fine too.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Awwwwwww lil snuggle bug! Look how comfy she looks all bundled up!! Lil Wut Wut babiez.. makes me all melty.. :)

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

she was the awfullest thing to get a picture of.. wanted to look the other way.

(Zone 7b)

Congratulations!!!!!!! and how cute they are i have felt like i was waiting with you LOL

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

We are up to 3 pale yellows & 2 chipmunks wit h2 eggs with holes in them looking ready to hatch. I've found out that once a hole forms within 3 hrs i get a chick. :) sooo.. by 11 tonight i "should" have 2 more.

(Zone 7b)

WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Oh, I'm so happy for you greykyttyn! Congratulations. ;-)

Bridgewater, ME

Can`t wait untill tomorow to see how many hatch.So cute!

(Zone 7b)

Any New Chicks???

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

one trying to hatch, bout 1/3rd of the way out, one more around 12 last night... it kinda looks like a platinum blonde chick that you threw coal black paint at & has black eye liner. Its suppose to be really hot here today so I"m going to wait to take pics till later. The grayish one dried & looks like a chipmunk with eyeliner. one more with a hole in the shell. They'd better hurry bc I'm not going ot be home tomorrow. Got to make a run to KC for the day & its suppose to be even hotter. I'd feel much better if they were all out so I could put her somewhere she'd stay cool. There will be no one to check on her tomorrow.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

here's a new pic of nutmeg & babies

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

here's another one.

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

i have 2 chipmunk ones, 1 platinum blonde & black one, 1 butter yellow & 3 platinum blonde ones & one thats still drying off so but appears to be platinum blonde also.... or white :o) whatever color that is in chicken colors.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh that picture is priceless! So cute! That lil one in the back checkin things out while the lil partridge has a close up look at mom! Too cute! Nutmeg is beautiful.. Congratulations..

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh, how cute!!!
I want baby chicks again!
Shuuuuush........No one tell my boyfriend I said that! No chicks for this summer anymore. sigh

GK, that pic is priceless! I love the one in the back peeking around Nutmeg!!

Nutmeg's colors are gorgeous!

Conroe, TX

Oh so cute. The peeking out baby in back is just adorable. What a great picture.

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

so the chipmunk one is called partridge? there are two darker chipmunks & a lighter chipmunk now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.