Beautiful Iris

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Many of the box stores have been selling 'Batik' for years using culled seedlings that are lookalikes. So even though there's a name if it came from larger of the two marts, it's probably an unregistered iris and could have any color beard.

Roni

Drat, there goes my alarm time to leave for the day!

Your Iris is 'Batik' 1986 Ensminger. I have it also and love it. It earned many rewards for its beauty. May have been one of the first that is referred to as having broken colors. I now have sevral different varieties with broken colors.

I buy my Irises only from Schreiners online and have for years. I still have their 1982 catalog. I also have Cooleys 1984 catalog.

This message was edited Jul 4, 2009 1:14 AM

Thumbnail by

Here is another 'Ziggy'

Thumbnail by
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I love Ziggy. I have wanted it for years, but haven't yet gotten it.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ziggy rarely blooms with any broken color for me and I have pieces from two different reputable companies. I've tried full sun and partial sun. Next I'll try making the soil more acidic around it as I have alkaline soil.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Glad for the info. Maybe I don't need Ziggy as much as I thought I did. I have Zekie, Batik, Tiger Honey, Cheetah Cheese, Maria Tormena, and Raspberry Silk oh and also Peekaboo Zabu and Toucan Tango. Perhaps I have enough broken colors for a while!

Cherryvale, KS

Brad is having a special on some of his older iris this year. pic Elainalope

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, I noticed the special but blew all my money and gift certificates that I won on newer iris. I think this is the last year these irises will be in the catalog. Sigh. I want it all. Just received 40 arilbreds from Arils of Paradise which is going out of business, unfortunately. She did have a great sale, though.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Site link or name of company please:lol:

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is a link to the address for Arils of Paradise. This is the only web presence it has. The owner Dolores Bates can be reached at :

yardsailer@peoplepc.com
If she still has anything to sell, she will email you a list. Her prices are outstanding.

For Kasperek's sale on broken color iris see:

http://www.zebrairis.com/

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.