The Trees Were Alive!

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Well thats the way it looked at few minutes ago anyway. I was working in the greenhouse and all of a sudden, all of this noise...when I peeked out there were hundreds of birds flocking, perched in my trees, at my feeders, there were a dozen or more fighting for the bird bath. What an incredible sight!!! And sound!!! I am still in awe. I tried to get a good pic but by the time I stopped staring and thought of it,came in and got my camera they were already flying off again. I only got part of them in the sky. But it is definately something I won't forget with or without a picture. I guess migration has begun.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

jody it is an incredible sight - absolutely wonderful!! In the Tidewater of VA we used to have the starlings come through like that. I only had a smallish garden on a quiet street but the sky, the grass, the trees, just about everything was covered in this blanket of black, screeching masses. I guess the poor things were in search of food before heading off. Another time, we were on our way back from Gettysburg and I saw the biggest migratory cloud ever. It went on for miles and miles and the sky was black. Isn't it just so incredible!!!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Wow Jody! That sounds like it was quite the site !! I would just love to see a site like that at my place!! It's too bad you only got part of them on the pic .... But, Like you said You'll always have that site in your memory, Not something thats easily forgotten! Congrats!! ... I'm going to make sure my feeders stay full and hope that I get to see somethng like that b4 the migrations over!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.