MG Picotee

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

This was a gift from Joeswife,back in Early March,just now getting it to flower.
Thanks Debra

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

That is beautiful! I grow mg too. If you want an ID on it you can post it in the morning glory forum and they will tell you.

X

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Didn't know they had a forum thanks.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

It's a biggie .. their resident expert is RON_CONVOLVULACEAE. I do grow outs and macro photography for him.

X

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

This was give to me as Blue Silk by a member on the MG forum..

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I finally got my hands on a Fujishibori .. they blow me away!

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum

Nice pictures this am Ladies!

And gents!

This message was edited Aug 8, 2009 10:29 AM

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

X,it's hard to take your eyes off the flowers,there mesmerizing!
Here's what happens when you let a morning go wild!!!
Completely taken over the garden!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman

LOL Hey Tropicman! That's why I'm afraid to grow them. I know I don't have the time to keep them in check. X's bloom could temp me though.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I know about mg's gone wild. I made the mistake last year of plopping a mg on the bottom shelf of wire racks in the greenhouse and when it warmed up it took over everything literally winding itself all around the shelves, the inner perimeter of the whole greenhouse and mugging everything it touched .. I'd spend 20 minutes a day in the morning unwrapping tendrils from victims it grabbed on to. When I cleared out the greenhouse to wash it, I just cut it back to the base (2 weeks ago) and repotted it. It's already over a foot tall! I potted it up again today and gave it something more appropriate to climb on.

This one is I. cordatatriobia. It's gone wild and 2 years ago it was trying to eat the whole town of Summerville .. like kudzu. It totally covered my hedge rose then. I spent the next 2 years pulling it off the hedge rose. I managed to get rid of most of it. I'm thinking last years extraordinarily early hard freeze we had put a tremendous dent in the population around town as well.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

These flowers resemble the bush morning glory tee I had at one time.
Very pretty too!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Ipomoea carnea? I grew those for the first time this year .. They turned out not quite what I was expecting. A bit too floppy for me .. I like bold morning glory that don't surrender at the first breeze .. not the wimpy, floppy Japanese type. The Fujishibori are really floppy .. it's a good thing I like speckles, otherwise I probably wouldn't grow them again.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes that one,white flies loved it more than I did!!!LOL

I love these kind of vines

Thumbnail by joeswife

and these

Thumbnail by joeswife
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Me too!!!
Which has a stronger fragrance the cestrum or the 4 o'clocks???

I have to say that in that area the cesstrum wins.. I can smell it all the way thru the windows and house. the four o clock is "climbing" I trained it to grow up the trellis.
this is blue jishi X tenten, seeds from Becky G on the MG forum..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Pretty,and it looks like it is growing in the Akebia vine too!

this picture here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6925261 is: an unknown blue and the wrong picture
Below is the correct picture of BlueJishi X TenTen

Thumbnail by joeswife
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

never seen a cestrum before looks and sounds cool

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

You definitely need to keep I carnea trimmed back to keep from getting leggy but you can't beat it for blooming power.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.